Pls help us find a Black, Standard pup :)

Information on finding your puppy, the Assured Breeders Scheme, the Kennel Club and issues relating to breeding your Schnauzer are dealt with in this section.
Forum rules
Please do not discuss breeders or raise issues concerning breeders on the forum. This has created problems in the past and many breeders are not members and unable to defend any claim you may make.
Jason
Puppy
First Name: Jason

Pls help us find a Black, Standard pup :)

Post by Jason »

Hello everyone,

We are looking for a black standard girl pup

Please let us know if you can help

Thanks you and very best wishes

Jason & Hannah
zeta1454
First Name: Leigh
Dog #1: Magic
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 20 Apr 2010
Dog #2: Trilby
Born: 15 Mar 2012
Dog #3: Pip
Born: 21 Feb 2014

Re: Pls help us find a Black, Standard pup :)

Post by zeta1454 »

The best place to start looking for a puppy ( unless someone you know and trust well can recommend a breeder) is to check the Assured Breeders listed on the Kennel Club website. You could also look at those who have chosen not to be members of the Scheme but you will need to be convinced that any breeder you visit whether an Assured Breeder or not has the highest standards of welfare as regards their own dogs and their puppies; that they understand fully the breed, it's health, grooming etc; can offer you lifetime support and advice; will always take back a dog they have bred at any time in its life if crisis requires this and will provide a written contract of sale. You will need to visit them before committing to purchase a puppy and spend time getting to know them, as they will want to get to know you. You need to know that their dogs are valued, loved and absolutely cared for as members of the breeder's family and that temperament, health and conformation are all considered when they plan a mating.

You should always be looking for a breeder that you trust and get on well with and never concentrate on looking for a puppy as it is the quality of the breeder that will ensure you find a healthy, well bred and good temperament puppy.

If you are looking for a black standard schnauzer you should also be aware that these are rare and there are very few reputable breeders in the UK breeding this size and colour. You may need to be patient, ready to wait a year or more and willing to travel to find a quality black standard puppy. If your heart is set on this it will be worth the wait but do research both the breed ( which is not the same as a mini schnauzer in many respects) and the breeders to be sure that you can offer all a standard schnauzer needs and that you are acquiring one from the best source.

In 2015 there were 286 standard schnauzer puppies registered at the UK Kennel Club in the whole year. In that same period there were 5,302 miniature schnauzers registered just to give you some idea of the rarity of the breed and blacks are definitely a minority of these.

Good luck with your search but do research as much as you possibly can as there are likely to be as many unscrupulous breeders as reputable ones of this breed and you cannot rely on glossy websites or even recommendations without fully checking out the breeders yourself and, if possible, even before they have puppies available.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. ~Roger Caras

Magic - Silversocks Sharade at Darksprite
Trilby - Darksprite Rosa Bud

https://m.facebook.com/pages/category/C ... 916994967/
Jason
Puppy

Post by Jason »

Thank you for the helpful reply :)

We've sent emails to various breeders,now just keeping our fingers crossed that some litters will come along soon

:ympray:

Kind regards

Jason
rich 40
First Name: Richard

Post by rich 40 »

Try going to a show or two it s a good way to meet some breeders champdog s website can be useful also you could try ringing a p/s breeder they may know about a planned litter of blacks goodluck
Jason
Puppy

Post by Jason »

Thanks, good idea about visiting dog shows. We've seen the SCGB show listed for 7th August but wondering what other shows are happening in our part of the UK (we are in Southampton)

Been busy contacting lots of breeders too :D

Kind regards

Jason
rich 40
First Name: Richard

Post by rich 40 »

There is some one on here who go s under blackbeard not sure if she is currently breeding others may know
Dinkum
Tech Team
First Name: Dean
Dog #1: Rupert RIP
is a: Black Mini Dog
Born: 24 Dec 2010
Dog #2: Watson
is a: Black Mini Dog
Born: 21 Feb 2012

Post by Dinkum »

Don't know if you would consider rescuing a 2-year old black standard dog?

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=21906" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dean (Dog dad)
Rupert, black mini, 24/12/10 - 01/03/24
Watson, black mini born 21/02/12

I offer my advice freely, but I am not an expert, breeder, groomer or behaviourist. It is simply my experience of raising pups in a way that seems to make sense.
Stanley Brian
First Name: Nick

Post by Stanley Brian »

We have a two year old black standard. Happy to talk about our experience and have posted a lot on this forum. He is amazing but not like any other dog I've owned, and I've had many!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
www.theschnauzer.uk
Advice, forums, free training advice and videos
Jason
Puppy

Post by Jason »

Dinkum wrote:Don't know if you would consider rescuing a 2-year old black standard dog?

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=21906" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thank you but we have our heart set on a girl, and we want a pup so that we can go through the whole bonding / training phase with her ourselves
Jason
Puppy

Post by Jason »

Stanley Brian wrote:We have a two year old black standard. Happy to talk about our experience and have posted a lot on this forum. He is amazing but not like any other dog I've owned, and I've had many!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Thank you, yes we'd appreciate all the help and advice we can get :)

I hear a lot that standards are very different to mini's and can be more challenging etc, and that's another good reason why we'd like a standard next

We both love the outdoors and live very close to some awesome woodlands walks as well as being just a few minutes from the New Forest. Hannah is home all day so the dog would have plenty of attention. We went through some really good training with Maisy but this time we are keen to try some agility type stuff as well.

Still learning though, so all advice about the breed is really helpful

Best wishes

Jase
LigginsC
Puppy
First Name: Carol

Post by LigginsC »

Hi

We too have an adorable black standard, 2 year old boy, but like you really wanted a bitch, however have to say that Bradley is just fabulous.

I know his sister has just had a litter of pups and would be happy to recommend the breeder as Bradley has turned out so well and if we could we would have one of the Pups ourselves.

I know we can't post specific info on the post so if someone can let me know how to make direct contact happy to do so,

Carol
Jason
Puppy

Post by Jason »

LigginsC wrote:Hi

We too have an adorable black standard, 2 year old boy, but like you really wanted a bitch, however have to say that Bradley is just fabulous.

I know his sister has just had a litter of pups and would be happy to recommend the breeder as Bradley has turned out so well and if we could we would have one of the Pups ourselves.

I know we can't post specific info on the post so if someone can let me know how to make direct contact happy to do so,

Carol
Thank you Carol, I'll send you a PM with my phone number, would you mind giving me a call please?

Kind regards

Jason
Jason
Puppy

Post by Jason »

LigginsC wrote:Hi

Carol

Good morning everyone

Just wanted to update you and to say a huge thank you to Carol

With Carol's help and an introduction to her breeder we are now just 3 weeks away from collecting our lovely new girl pup !

Best wishes

Jason
zeta1454
First Name: Leigh
Dog #1: Magic
Born: 20 Apr 2010
Dog #2: Trilby
Born: 15 Mar 2012
Dog #3: Pip
Born: 21 Feb 2014

Post by zeta1454 »

Great news and look forward to more updates when the new puppy joins your family :-)

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. ~Roger Caras

Magic - Silversocks Sharade at Darksprite
Trilby - Darksprite Rosa Bud

https://m.facebook.com/pages/category/C ... 916994967/
Maty
First Name: Kate
Dog #1: Isaura Lucidus
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 10 Aug 2011
Dog #2: Darksprite Finn Mac
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 17 Mar 2013

Post by Maty »

Brilliant news, I bet you are excited :)

Don't forget we NEED puppy pictures ;)

Maty

Rodders the Mini Pup, born 10/08/11, came home on 09/10/11
Creggan the Mini Pup, born 17/03/13, came home on 01/06/13

Proud of my Scottish Heritage