SS Puppy wanted

Information on finding your puppy, the Assured Breeders Scheme, the Kennel Club and issues relating to breeding your Schnauzer are dealt with in this section.
Forum rules
Please do not discuss breeders or raise issues concerning breeders on the forum. This has created problems in the past and many breeders are not members and unable to defend any claim you may make.
maquelch
First Name: Matt

SS Puppy wanted

Post by maquelch »

Hello,

My family and I have decided that we would love to add a schnauzer puppy to our family this year and would be ver greatfull if any breeders planning a litter in 2019 could private meassage me.

Having recently seen a beautiful black bitch, we would especially like to hear anyone that may be breeding black schnauzer. Though this is a nice to have ๐Ÿ˜Š

Many thanks,
Matt & family
zeta1454
First Name: Leigh
Dog #1: Magic
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 20 Apr 2010
Dog #2: Trilby
Born: 15 Mar 2012
Dog #3: Pip
Born: 21 Feb 2014

Re: SS Puppy wanted

Post by zeta1454 »

Hi Matt & family and welcome to the Forum :-)

Do vet any breeders recommended by private message very carefully to avoid disreputable breeders / dealers and fully research any litter that you are advised of privately. Do have a look at the relevant topics in the Puppy and the Breeding sections of the Forum for some Guidelines of the kinds of things to look for from a breeder and the questions to be asked of them.

As you may have already discovered during your research into the breed, there are far fewer Standard Schnauzer puppies born annually than miniature schnauzers. In 2017, only 192 standard schnauzer puppies were registered compared to over 5,600 minis so anyone looking for a standard puppy may have to wait some time and will find the best breeders very selective about new homes for their litter. Black standards are even more rare and there are very few reputable breeders of this colour in the UK.

If you have your heart set on a standard schnauzer, the best advice is to get to know the breeders through meeting them at breed club events, championship shows, Discover Dogs, Crufts etc. Get to talk face to face with the breeder, see their dogs and assess how fit and healthy they are and whether of good temperament and convince them that you understand the needs of the breed as regards exercise, training, grooming and general health and you will have a much better chance of obtaining a well raised puppy from a quality breeder.

If you are not already a member of one or more of the schnauzer breed clubs, I would recommend joining one as that will also give you the opportunity to meet and find out more about breeders and their dogs:

http://northernschnauzerclub.co.uk

http://www.schnauzerclub.co.uk
Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. ~Roger Caras

Magic - Silversocks Sharade at Darksprite
Trilby - Darksprite Rosa Bud

https://m.facebook.com/pages/category/C ... 916994967/
maquelch
First Name: Matt

Post by maquelch »

Hi Zeta,

Thank you for the advice! We are planning of attending one of the Northern Schnauzer Club events this weekend with the view to getting to talk face to face with some breeders ๐Ÿ‘
redalert
First Name: Sue
Dog #1: Fizz
is a: Black Std Bitch
Born: 09 Jan 2010
Dog #2: Bo
is a: Black Std Bitch
Born: 16 Jan 2012

Post by redalert »

I've got 2 black standards and can recommend a breeder to you if your private message me
andr3wc
Puppy
First Name: andrew

Post by andr3wc »

Hi,

If you are still looking I can give you details about a litter of pepper and salt Standard Schnauzers. Not sure the pm system works that well on here so let me know if you got my message!

Andrew