Miniature Schnauzer breeder in West Yorkshire

Information on finding your puppy, the Assured Breeders Scheme, the Kennel Club and issues relating to breeding your Schnauzer are dealt with in this section.
Forum rules
Please do not discuss breeders or raise issues concerning breeders on the forum. This has created problems in the past and many breeders are not members and unable to defend any claim you may make.
skellie27
First Name: Ellie

Miniature Schnauzer breeder in West Yorkshire

Post by skellie27 »

Hello,

I hope it's okay to post this here!

I'd like to look into Mini Schnauzer breeders in the West Yorkshire area.

I've had a look on the kennel club website and will start there, but if possible I'd love to get a more personal recommendation.

I live in Leeds and I am willing to travel, but the closer the better as I'd like to visit as much as possible - this is because I have had an allergic reaction to dog fur in the past, and want to make 100% sure I don't have a reaction to the puppies/parents. I have met a couple of schnauzers 'in the wild' and been fine, but as I'm sure you'd understand, I'm a bit paranoid...

I am now planning on attending the fun day in July, so I will also try to ask around there too.

Thank you! :)
Dinkum
Tech Team
First Name: Dean
Dog #1: Rupert RIP
is a: Black Mini Dog
Born: 24 Dec 2010
Dog #2: Watson
is a: Black Mini Dog
Born: 21 Feb 2012

Re: Miniature Schnauzer breeder in West Yorkshire

Post by Dinkum »

Please keep all recommendations to personal messages or emails.

The fun day will be a great place to meet the dogs, their owners and potentially, breeders.

Read through the puppy section for lots of useful tips of finding the right breeder .. and a great puppy.
Dean (Dog dad)
Rupert, black mini, 24/12/10 - 01/03/24
Watson, black mini born 21/02/12

I offer my advice freely, but I am not an expert, breeder, groomer or behaviourist. It is simply my experience of raising pups in a way that seems to make sense.
zeta1454
First Name: Leigh
Dog #1: Magic
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 20 Apr 2010
Dog #2: Trilby
Born: 15 Mar 2012
Dog #3: Pip
Born: 21 Feb 2014

Post by zeta1454 »

Hi Ellie,

As Dean says, the Fun Day will be a good opportunity to meet breeders as well as families with their schnauzers and definitely worthwhile going for that reason. You are right though to carefully check out potential dogs re the allergies as this can be a very individual reaction and schnauzers are not completely "hypoallergenic". Years ago, we took one of our pet miniature schnauzers to a family, on their request, to meet their daughter who suffered allergic reactions to dog hair and all seemed well on the actual visit but the little girl had an unpleasant reaction later after we left, sadly. They had hoped she would not react to mini schnauzers as a breed but clearly that was not the case :-(

I have also sent you a few recommendations by PM :-)
Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. ~Roger Caras

Magic - Silversocks Sharade at Darksprite
Trilby - Darksprite Rosa Bud

https://m.facebook.com/pages/category/C ... 916994967/
skellie27
First Name: Ellie

Post by skellie27 »

Hi Leigh,

Thanks so much for all the info in your PM, very helpful :)

Yes, that's my thought exactly. I've actually only ever had an allergic reaction to one dog, which unfortunately was a dog we wanted to adopt. Since then I've been rubbing my face on as many 'low allergy' breeds as I can find and never had an issue! Still want to be 100% sure before taking on a puppy.

Thanks again.

Ellie