*Exhibitors please read!* New ID rule effective immediately.

If your Schnauzer is Best in Show at the county fair or CRUFTS, share it with all of us. You will find show listings along with results from the various dog shows around the country. You will more than likely spot a few members in the show ring.
Tulip

*Exhibitors please read!* New ID rule effective immediately.

Post by Tulip »

http://www.fossedata.co.uk/downloads/pd ... cement.pdf

IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR ALL DOG SHOW EXHIBITORS
The Kennel Club has announced an important new requirement which will affect exhibitors competing at Crufts next month, and all other dog shows with immediate effect.
The General Committee of the Kennel Club has approved a recommendation which requires exhibitors to display the exhibit/bench number on their crate, cage or container at all times. This is particularly important when cages etc are not on benches, and at unbenched shows.
Each exhibitor is responsible for providing their own crate or cage identification and should note that the original exhibit/bench number card, as provided by the show society, must not be used for this purpose.
This requirement follows a recent meeting of the Show Executive Sub-Committee’s Benching Working Party, where it was agreed that it is important to be able to contact exhibitors and identify dogs where a dog may be in distress or where the crate might be blocking a gangway.
At benched shows soft crates may only be put on benches if they are the appropriate size for both the dog and the bench, and the crate can be securely attached to the bench.
Both of these points have been introduced with the safety of all in mind, but most importantly that of the dog, and to minimise potential incidents and injuries.
Exhibitors should note that the above requirements have been introduced with immediate effect and will therefore apply to exhibitors attending Crufts.
The Kennel Club would also take this opportunity to remind exhibitors that Show Regulation F(1).17 requires that dogs should be present on their benches at all times except when being judged, prepared for exhibition or exercised.
ENDS[046.12]16th February 2012

Well I'll be stocking up on luggage tags then!
zeta1454
First Name: Leigh
Dog #1: Magic
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 20 Apr 2010
Dog #2: Trilby
Born: 15 Mar 2012
Dog #3: Pip
Born: 21 Feb 2014

Re: *Exhibitors please read!* New ID rule effective immediat

Post by zeta1454 »

Thanks for that - it's a good idea as I hate it when you see dogs in distress on a bench and have no way of knowing who the owner is because they've removed the bench ID number.
Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. ~Roger Caras

Magic - Silversocks Sharade at Darksprite
Trilby - Darksprite Rosa Bud

https://m.facebook.com/pages/category/C ... 916994967/
BBG
First Name: Gerri
Dog #1: Rufus
is a: Black Giant Dog
Dog #2: Eva
is a: Black Giant Bitch
Dog #3: Blaze
is a: Black Mini Dog

Post by BBG »

It's a good idea at benched shows but not sure how it'll work at unbenched shows. Unless you get a catalogue, you don't know your number until you get in the ring! And a lot of dogs are not crated - just on the end of a lead!

Thanks for posting!
tombaker
First Name: Tom
Dog #1: Obi
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 25 Jul 2010
Dog #2: Louis
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 11 Oct 2011

Post by tombaker »

I'm thinking a small NOBO board might be getting attached to my crate from now on!
Obi - P/S Mini 27/07/2010 - The start of my addiction!
Louis - P/S Mini 11/10/2011 - Because Schnauzers are like Pringles....one is never enough!
dannie_kl

Post by dannie_kl »

I think it's a terrible idea! Along with everything else I take to a show I can no longer use my fabric crates unless secured ( but it's ok for plastic kennels or wire crates to be unsecured?!) and I need to provide attachments for all dogs and crates, what about I'd I take 1 crate for 2 dogs? I think the kennel club should concentrate more on those who leave their dogs in hot cars on sunny days at shoe grounds than worry about labelling every sodding dog cage in the vicinity!
Tulip

Post by Tulip »

There's now an update that says that whilst the bench number is preferable, a name and contact number, and your affix, is fine.
BBG
First Name: Gerri
Dog #1: Rufus
is a: Black Giant Dog
Dog #2: Eva
is a: Black Giant Bitch
Dog #3: Blaze
is a: Black Mini Dog

Post by BBG »

That seems a better idea. I didn't think the original was particulary well thought out.
zeta1454
First Name: Leigh
Dog #1: Magic
Born: 20 Apr 2010
Dog #2: Trilby
Born: 15 Mar 2012
Dog #3: Pip
Born: 21 Feb 2014

Post by zeta1454 »

Tulip wrote:There's now an update that says that whilst the bench number is preferable, a name and contact number, and your affix, is fine.
Yes that is a much better idea as that could be fixed permanently to the crate.

I know what you mean dannie about dogs in cars but fabric crates are not an issue for us as our affenpinschers have eaten their way out of all of ours making them totally redundant as a place of safekeeping for any dogs :)
Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. ~Roger Caras

Magic - Silversocks Sharade at Darksprite
Trilby - Darksprite Rosa Bud

https://m.facebook.com/pages/category/C ... 916994967/
dannie_kl

Post by dannie_kl »

well we'll see how many people ID their crates for crufts and also how long it lkasts, i can tell you now i wont be bothering for open shows thats for sure, I might stick a tag in my bag and if anyone says anything ill attach it but i cant see them pulling everyone up on it
Tulip

Post by Tulip »

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A ... Uly9VJzsIN" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just got one of these for mine, can change the little card inside to a plain one if I need to add the bench number after all. Well it's got to be Schnauzer!
dannie_kl

Post by dannie_kl »

yea i was thinking just a luggage tag......not bothering to go posh since my crate(s) will be accommodating 3-4 different breeds and also i dont want it stolen either