Sapphires Journey

If your Schnauzer is Best in Show at the county fair or CRUFTS, share it with all of us. You will find show listings along with results from the various dog shows around the country. You will more than likely spot a few members in the show ring.
august23

Re: Sapphires Journey

Post by august23 »

Good luck guys, let us know how it goes!
Otto Black Standard
Ruby Black Mini
dannie_kl

Post by dannie_kl »

dont you worry we'll give you a full report even if no winnings to report!
Tulip

Post by Tulip »

"Beth fell over twice in the ring, and then proceeded to chase all dogs out so Maisy could have a slight chance of winning."

Not far off the mark, eh? :D
dannie_kl

Post by dannie_kl »

i'm sure that wont be the case (or else you are walking home!) lol
Tulip

Post by Tulip »

Sigh, resigned to my fate then. I'm not expecting a place in our class, but I'm just so excited about seeing so many Minis and watching it all happen for real so I can know more for next time.
dannie_kl

Post by dannie_kl »

well i think the entries are low so will be interesting to see whats in each class
Tulip

Post by Tulip »

Someone at my new Ringcraft said to me last night 'Don't try to beat every dog there - choose one dog and think 'Next time, I'll try to beat that dog'', but just getting to know more lines and types of Minis (I especially like Ruddlands) will be pretty cool. I'm REALLY glad I'll have a pro there at my first show - at least you can slap me if I get hysterical!
dannie_kl

Post by dannie_kl »

dont worry i will :)
summer46
First Name: Sarah
Dog #1: Summer
is a: B/S Mini Bitch
Born: 07 Jun 2008
Dog #2: Zeke
is a: B/S Mini Dog
Born: 16 Sep 2011
Dog #3: Lizzie
Born: 24 Feb 2014
is a: P/S Mini Bitch

Post by summer46 »

Good luck to both of you.
Sarah
Summer (Khanlorba)
Zeke (Khanlorba)
Lizzie (Nikisan)

A dog teaches you fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times before lying down.[/size]
dannie_kl

Post by dannie_kl »

On Sunday 15th August At Bournemouth Champ Show Sapphire was placed 3rd out of 3 in Minor Puppy Bitch Class under judge Len Anness. although a slight disappointment in that she didn't beat anything it was her first show and she has now qualified for Crufts-an achievement in itself!
Our next show is Richmond on 12th September so no rest for the wicked and we have been working on her coat again tonight. Sapphire loves playing mud pies and this has begun to stain her furnishings so tonight i tried out a new shampoo i brought; #1 All Systems Whitening/Brightening shampoo and I think it had good results. I have also done quite a bit of carading tonight and tomorrow i will take out some of the longer hairs in an attempt to have her jacket nice and tight for the show.
Guinevere
First Name: Sharon
Dog #1: Arthur
is a: Black Mini Dog
Born: 28 Dec 2009

Post by Guinevere »

How exciting. I have every admiration for you for the grooming and hard work necessary for showing your dogs. I wouldn't have a clue.
Tulip

Post by Tulip »

Can't wait to see her again, Dannie - she looked so perfect strutting her stuff, and SO well-behaved for her first show and considering she's so young! I look up to you so much in terms of showing and grooming, so it was a real pleasure to watch you at work with both Kolo and little Sapphire. I'll be hooting for you at Crufts!
Guinevere
First Name: Sharon
Dog #1: Arthur
is a: Black Mini Dog
Born: 28 Dec 2009

Post by Guinevere »

I would love to go to Crufts so might get to meet you there. Is it in March?
Tulip

Post by Tulip »

Yep! I really wanted to go last year but this year my boyf PROMISED to take me!
dannie_kl

Post by dannie_kl »

this year we are on sunday so if anyine is also interested in getting tickets for BIS get in there early as they go quickly!