Sapphires Journey

If your Schnauzer is Best in Show at the county fair or CRUFTS, share it with all of us. You will find show listings along with results from the various dog shows around the country. You will more than likely spot a few members in the show ring.
dannie_kl

Sapphires Journey

Post by dannie_kl »

I thought it would be nice to loosely document Sapphire's journey from being a playful, mischievous little puppy to being ready to go into the ring hopefully at 6 months of age.
so watch this thread, hopefully you'll all be able to share our goodnews and soften the set backs along the way!
Tulip

Re: Sapphires Journey

Post by Tulip »

:D I watch with eagerness!
Mitch

Post by Mitch »

Am eagerly awaiting her story with piccies PLEASE (kiss)
dannie_kl

Post by dannie_kl »

i took some pictures last night as will have an update for you all later!
Darwinsmum

Post by Darwinsmum »

A lovely idea Dannie.
Darwin and Mia 2 heatbeats at my feet
A life without dogs - I don't think so!
www.lincsdogtraining.co.uk
summer46
First Name: Sarah
Dog #1: Summer
is a: B/S Mini Bitch
Born: 07 Jun 2008
Dog #2: Zeke
is a: B/S Mini Dog
Born: 16 Sep 2011
Dog #3: Lizzie
Born: 24 Feb 2014
is a: P/S Mini Bitch

Post by summer46 »

A great idea Dannie will be checkng in regularly on this one.
Sarah
Summer (Khanlorba)
Zeke (Khanlorba)
Lizzie (Nikisan)

A dog teaches you fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times before lying down.[/size]
Caramomo
Site Admin
First Name: Elaine
Dog #1: Cara
is a: Black Mini Bitch
Born: 05 Dec 2006
Dog #2: Momo
is a: Black Mini Bitch
Born: 14 Aug 2009
Dog #3: Molly
Born: 01 Aug 2010

Post by Caramomo »

Oh wow, what a great idea, I'll be following with interest and stealing any hints and tips to use with Mo.
Cara and Mo, two black mini's and Molly a black & white Heinz 57 all served by Elaine, the cook, poop picker, and chief toy thrower.
I live by the Mini Schnauzer code; when in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!
august23

Post by august23 »

I can't wait, a story from Dannie fab!
Otto Black Standard
Ruby Black Mini
dannie_kl

Post by dannie_kl »

Ok guys here is my first update (nerd) ,
Sapphire went for her first vaccination yesterday, i think the vet has duped me and instead of being vaccinated for all she is meant to be, i think she gave her a heavy dosage of naughty serum! [laughing] as she has had the [devil] in her yesterday and today!
its funny really, somehow it feels as though Sapphire has just always been here, she has fitted right in with no bother and is a realy quick learner! she has already taken herself outside for a toilet twice! Freya seems to have copped it where sapphire is concerned, she really wants to play rough and bites her quite hard at times. So far Freya has been extremeley tolerant and barely even grumbles about it! but at the end of the day yesterday being nanny to sapphire Freya was just pooped!
i gave Freya and Kolo a bit of a break from the little monster by putting her in her crate with her first Kong which contained roast chicken and tinned puppy meat
I am pleased to report Sapphire did eventually calm down yesterday and after her last meal she settled down (in various places) and in the end drifted off to the land of nod.
Sapphire had her nails trimmed today and tomorrow i shall begin scraping her coat, i haven't done this so far as i wanted her to settle in and then obviously where she had her injection it may have been a tad sore so give it a couple of days to calm down and tomorrow we shall begin the work.

Thanks for reading everyone (read)
Tulip

Post by Tulip »

I LOVE that she chose to sleep right next to a bum! Nana Freya sounds very fitting - what a good girl for taking all that nibbling. Sapphire is such a pretty puppy, I'm really jealous about coat!
Mitch

Post by Mitch »

Great photos Dannie but sorry to say twas noooooo naughty serum, this gene is inbuilt witht his bestest colour [laughing] (kiss)
dannie_kl

Post by dannie_kl »

beth nibbling is no where near the truth, she really lays into freya and i am waiting for freya to tell her off because thats the best way for her to learn but freya is such a sweetie she just puts up with the majority of it!
Tulip

Post by Tulip »

Trust me, I know waht you mean, Maisy is a TERROR to Freddy and at first he really didn't play back, but now he's just as bad to her and they play like that CONSTANTLY. It's so lovely when older dogs take on that gentle role with a new puppy - Sapphire definately fits in well with your pack!
Sianny
First Name: Sian
Dog #1: Ralphy
is a: B/S Mini Dog
Born: 12 Feb 2009
Dog #2: George
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 25 Mar 2011

Post by Sianny »

LOL right under Kolo's bum! Bless good old Freya aswell she could fall asleep on the edge of a pinhead I bet! If I ever get a puppy I might have a word with the vet beforehand to double the naughty serum just to wind Ralphy RIGHT up muahahaha. I'm glad she's using her bed too, it makes her look so teensy, that will be a good thing to use to do a collage of her growth in a years time! x
Follow Ralphy on Facebook (occasionally featuring George) http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ralphy-th ... 9952249008
dannie_kl

Post by dannie_kl »

do you know that bed was an absolute find! i stopped in northampton services on the way back from the mini club show and they were in the W H Smiths for £5.99! she likes it which is good!