Sapphires Journey

If your Schnauzer is Best in Show at the county fair or CRUFTS, share it with all of us. You will find show listings along with results from the various dog shows around the country. You will more than likely spot a few members in the show ring.
Darwinsmum

Re: Sapphires Journey

Post by Darwinsmum »

I'm reading this with interest as Darwin is clipped but Mia has a lovely harsh coat so hopefully she will be stripped.
Darwin and Mia 2 heatbeats at my feet
A life without dogs - I don't think so!
www.lincsdogtraining.co.uk
dannie_kl

Post by dannie_kl »

oh yes do strip her heather! it will be so worth it and to have a harsh blacl/silver coat is something to be treasured i tell you!
Pottydottie

Post by Pottydottie »

were's the photo@s
Molly (17/6/2005 - 11/9/2016) the 3 Essex girls Gemma, Dottie and Daisy Mae
dannie_kl

Post by dannie_kl »

still on my camera! would you believ she looked so beautiful yesterday after a visit to the breeder, we got back aand i let them all in the front garden for a wee but my boss had keft the gate to the back garden open and i didn't realise. so half hour later i finally got them all in but......................soaking wet! :'( i was sooooo angry and i don't think the picture look nice at all!
Sianny
First Name: Sian
Dog #1: Ralphy
is a: B/S Mini Dog
Born: 12 Feb 2009
Dog #2: George
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 25 Mar 2011

Post by Sianny »

Nowt like the wet schnauzer look! They're so spiteful! And I fink Pottie should cough up some pictures as a way of payment :P
Follow Ralphy on Facebook (occasionally featuring George) http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ralphy-th ... 9952249008
Tulip

Post by Tulip »

Awww, she'll be dry again soon! No doubt you'll have her looking spic and span and gorgeous again in no time. ;)
Pottydottie

Post by Pottydottie »

Sianny wrote:Nowt like the wet schnauzer look! They're so spiteful! And I fink Pottie should cough up some pictures as a way of payment :P
would this do?

Molly (17/6/2005 - 11/9/2016) the 3 Essex girls Gemma, Dottie and Daisy Mae
Sianny

Post by Sianny »

BRILLIANT :D
Follow Ralphy on Facebook (occasionally featuring George) http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ralphy-th ... 9952249008
vespa

Post by vespa »

That's what their beards look like after they've rubbed them along the sofa!!!
dannie_kl

Post by dannie_kl »

excellent picture elaine!
dannie_kl

Post by dannie_kl »

Gosh its been so long since I have found time to update this thread. Last week we popped over to visit the breeder and ended up going along to the same ringcraft class as her for a bot of a change and boy do they make you work! it was an hours class (which ran over by 15 mins) and in that time we practised moving in straight lines and the importance of doing so, and if you don't the effect it has on your dogs movement and the judges view. also they made you think about where you are as the handler in the relation to the judge. we practised standing out dogs on both sides and the judge going over the dogs etc. it was really good and very fun but they really really made you work. It was great because the breeder was there with her 5 month old pup Anna who is great mates with Sapphire and so sapphire felt the need to show anna just how its done and with style! lol she is such a character.
sometinmes i think it does real good to train at different places with different faces and different dogs, afterall each time you go to a show you will see new faces and many dogs and its great the dog can handle all these different situations. what was really good though was that the made us walk around with loads of clapping, whistling and cheering really loud so the dogs are desensitized to it which i guess is useful for situations like crufts BIS ring when the crowds cheer it can easily sppok/unsettle the dogs to making it normal to hear all this noise means they can still perform without losing their confidence! all in all it was a great night and a fab club but unfortunately its on a thursday the same night as one of my other clubs so what i have said is maybe twice a month i'll try to go with the breeder to her club and the rest of the time i'll go to my regular club. shame its not on a wednesday as thats the club i don't enjoy so much. anyway I hope to get some pictures of sapphire up soon so you can all see how quickly she is growing up!
Tulip

Post by Tulip »

That sounds like so much fun - I wish my class was a bit stricter like that, I learn a lot but that sounds more challanging! I'm glad Sapphire showed little Anna how she struts, lol! I can't wait to see pictures, we haven't seen any in AGES.
dannie_kl

Post by dannie_kl »

yea I know I keep meaning to get them online, I can't get any pictures of her at class though thats the only thing (being we are all working-no one to take pictures) but i'll try and get things up in the next day or two
dannie_kl

Post by dannie_kl »

ok so finally i have uploading pictures, here are the pictures of sapphire when i was stripping out her coat!
this is an older picture of sapphire but it shows her coat before any stripping was done

and here are the pictures of her coat after being worked on
you can see the tail and bum area with the darak hair is where she hasn't been stripped yet in those pictures above
then when all is done we practice a show stand and the chance to stand back and think where if any more work needs doing
Sianny

Post by Sianny »

Gorgeous. Her coat looks so lovely and bless her too doing a lovely stand! Thank you for the picture where her bum is still dark, it really shows the difference stripping can make to novice eyes, like mine!