Sapphires Journey

If your Schnauzer is Best in Show at the county fair or CRUFTS, share it with all of us. You will find show listings along with results from the various dog shows around the country. You will more than likely spot a few members in the show ring.
Tulip

Re: Sapphires Journey

Post by Tulip »

I'm going to snap away at the Essex walk - I can't WAIT to have so many Schnauzers in one place!
dannie_kl

Post by dannie_kl »

so its getting so close now to sapphire's first show on sunday! the other week i looked at her coat and the her back looked much longer than her sides so decided to strip that thinking there should be a coat coming through but nope! so fortunataely i stopped when i realised there was just a strip of undercoat with a few wire hairs and we have been carding like mad to get rid of the fluffy stuff and get that hrd top coat through, her sides are just a nice length now. Sapphire is off to Linda's on Thursday for beautifying and i shall get my instructions for preparing sapphire on the morning of the show-I have never had to prep a p/s so will be avidly scribbling down instructions. I wish i listened more to the relevant points on p/s trimming at the seminar in march now!
Caramomo
Site Admin
First Name: Elaine
Dog #1: Cara
is a: Black Mini Bitch
Born: 05 Dec 2006
Dog #2: Momo
Born: 14 Aug 2009
Dog #3: Molly
Born: 01 Aug 2010

Post by Caramomo »

I do remember one bit if it helps - follow the lines between white and P&S!!

OOOh, looking forward to meeting her on Saturday. I'll be picking for more Linda-tips after your session!
Cara and Mo, two black mini's and Molly a black & white Heinz 57 all served by Elaine, the cook, poop picker, and chief toy thrower.
I live by the Mini Schnauzer code; when in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!
nickycaplan

Post by nickycaplan »

looking forward to seeing her x
schnauzer lover...dog artist www.nickycaplan.com
Joni

Post by Joni »

Good luck to you and beth on Sunday - are you both in the same group? (sorry don't know the correct terms!)
www.clontarfhotel.co.uk
www.mory.co.uk

For holidays in lovely Llandudno, North Wales!
Tulip

Post by Tulip »

Ooo, please share your wisdom! Maisy is also due to the Goomers on Thursday too, I can't WAIT! Booked the day off work to bath and dry her first, but not her jacket, only the fluffy bits.

Maisy is in PB, I think Sapphire is in MPB? Is that right?

Good luck Sapphire in her first show!
Caramomo
Site Admin
First Name: Elaine
Dog #1: Cara
Born: 05 Dec 2006
Dog #2: Momo
Born: 14 Aug 2009
Dog #3: Molly
Born: 01 Aug 2010

Post by Caramomo »

For the non showers pb is puppy bitch and mpb is minor puppy bitch.
Cara and Mo, two black mini's and Molly a black & white Heinz 57 all served by Elaine, the cook, poop picker, and chief toy thrower.
I live by the Mini Schnauzer code; when in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!
jo b
First Name: Jo
Dog #1: Lily
is a: B/S Mini Bitch
Born: 17 Jul 2020

Post by jo b »

Dannie...any idea of the show times on Sunday? I can't see any times on the website.

Its just that Brockenhurst is less than half an hour away from me but we have a bloomin christening to go to in the afternoon unfortunately. I would love to go and see all the minis!
dannie_kl

Post by dannie_kl »

No sapphire and Maisy are in seperate classes as maisy is just a little too old for Minor puppy class.
@ Elaine and Beth, yes i'll be making notes so you can have a copy if its useful!
@Jo b, mini schnauzers are first in the ring starting at 9am, dogs first then bitches afterwards, I would imagine we'd be finished by 11ish.
Tulip

Post by Tulip »

I would LOVE a copy! Thank you!
dannie_kl

Post by dannie_kl »

Tulip wrote:Ooo, please share your wisdom! Maisy is also due to the Goomers on Thursday too, I can't WAIT! Booked the day off work to bath and dry her first, but not her jacket, only the fluffy bits.
Beth is your groomer not bathing maisy? i would think she would need to before she scissors her.
Tulip

Post by Tulip »

She probably would if I asked her to, but I'd rather do it myself because my ma is waiting in the car outside and I wanted to cut down on the time it takes to blow dry her furnishings so she wouldn't have to wait too long. It takes me forever to do it!
Joni

Post by Joni »

At least you can both hope for first places then!
www.clontarfhotel.co.uk
www.mory.co.uk

For holidays in lovely Llandudno, North Wales!
puppypower

Post by puppypower »

Good luck to both of you Tulip and Dannie (bigthumbs)
Im not that far away from there if I don't go up to midlands friday I may come and watch [camera]
Dawn (human) and my monochromatic friend Jasper, born 4th April 09 my Mini Schnauzer to the rescue

The reason dogs have so many friends is because they wag their tails instead of their tongues.
- Unknown
Tulip

Post by Tulip »

I'm incredibly grateful to Dannie - I literally could not do this without her!