Mini Vs Standard?

The Miniature Schnauzer is a smallest dog in the Schnauzer breed and originated in the mid-to-late 19th Century from Germany. The Miniature Schnauzer is a cross between the Standard Schnauzer and other smaller breeds such as the Poodle. A miniature Schnauzer is a spunky, but aloof dog who does things their own way. They tend to be good guard dogs without the tendency to bite.
Forum rules
Please feel free to post here if your topic does not fit into one of the categories under 'Caring for your Schnauzer'. There are sections for breeding, feeding, grooming, showing and many more that may be more appropriate than this generic section
in10sitty
First Name: Erica

Re: Mini Vs Standard?

Post by in10sitty »

FuzzMom wrote:
11 Sep 2017, 13:03
Very helpful advice. Hmmm brain therapy, as my physical strength is limited. What you say makes sense.
Even though this post is old, I wanted to reply here for anyone researching now. We used to throw a ball for our MS mix and as he was off retrieving it, we would hide somewhere. He LOVED searching and finding us. He would look in each room, listen, sniff, etc. and find us. He was great at this. He loved having a "job" to do, or as someone else said, "brain therapy". He liked rolling a ball around the house that would have treats in it that would fall out, too. It's good to be aware of the difference between an energetic dog (like a Russell Terrier) and a dog that requires "a job to do" like the Standard Schnauzer. My mini schnauzer was 50% pitbull. He "needed" a job to do. He reminded me of a Standard Schnauzer in size and temperament. He was 36 pounds and loved having jobs.

Erica