Shelter in Place Funny Haircuts

The Miniature Schnauzer is a smallest dog in the Schnauzer breed and originated in the mid-to-late 19th Century from Germany. The Miniature Schnauzer is a cross between the Standard Schnauzer and other smaller breeds such as the Poodle. A miniature Schnauzer is a spunky, but aloof dog who does things their own way. They tend to be good guard dogs without the tendency to bite.
Forum rules
Please feel free to post here if your topic does not fit into one of the categories under 'Caring for your Schnauzer'. There are sections for breeding, feeding, grooming, showing and many more that may be more appropriate than this generic section
Volumnus1
Puppy
First Name: Scott

Shelter in Place Funny Haircuts

Post by Volumnus1 »

I had to trim Reggie's face. Here in Tennessee, the groomers are closed due to the virus. He would look okay, except I cut him bald just behind both eyebrows. I told him I gave him racing stripes. I'll post pics soon.
Oscar 12345
First Name: Julie
Dog #1: Oscar RIP Sweety
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 21 Dec 2002
Dog #2: Otto
is a: B/S Mini Dog
Born: 04 Jul 2017

Re: Shelter in Place Funny Haircuts

Post by Oscar 12345 »

Oh dear lol... there have been some rather funny photos of first time groomers on facebook. I think it's brilliant that people are having a go to keep their schnauzers comfortable. I think a lot of schnauzers might be happy when their groomer is allowed to open again. I gave my OH a haircut last week using Otto's clippers. He still has ears.
Man cannot survive with wine alone...
we also need a schnauzer.
Dawnspell
First Name: Alison
Dog #1: Barney RIP 8/3/19
is a: White Mini Dog
Born: 06 Feb 2013
Dog #2: Jasper
Born: 25 Apr 2019

Post by Dawnspell »

Poor Jasper has one bald stripe on his cheek. I didn't check the setting before clipping yesterday and it was on shortest setting :p Fortunately its not that visible from 2m =)) and he doesn't care anyway :D
Our first family dog
Barney - Pocketpark Biali Eyebright 6/2/13 - 8/3/19 Gone too soon
Motto for owners who groom their own Schnauzers -"Never mind it'll soon grow back"
Oscar 12345

Post by Oscar 12345 »

I have done that before on Oscar did ears on No 10 and then went straight to back right down the middle, a bit of a reverse mohican. Did Otto's rear yesterday and I think I need glasses. One side is not a straight line and I have taken too much off. I didn't think anyone would notice but OH said "what have you done to his bottom". :D. It's really annoying because when walking it is the bit I see all the time.
Schnauzer Sam
First Name: Sam
Dog #1: Rosie
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 06 Jul 2017
Dog #2: Edie
Born: 11 Jun 2018

Post by Schnauzer Sam »

I bumped in to Pepper last night (she's a 10 month mini) and she had just been home groomed for the first time as the groomers are all closed. I was still able to recognise her from 50m or so away as a schnauzer and knew who she was and for a first attempt it wasn't at all bad though I would have tried to have the groomer closed down if it had been a professional groom :)

I was minded, however, of Alison's saying - Never mind it'll grow back soon.
Country Girl at Heart (Molly) 8 April 2003 - 22 December 2018

You're never alone when you own a schnauzer

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Rosie-and-E ... 872588622/
Oscar 12345

Post by Oscar 12345 »

It certainly does grow back but I always remind myself that a watched pot doesn't boil and this pot happens to be a bottom.... :D

Joking aside, a small proportion are being clipped too closely and suffering from shaver burn and others have been cut. I bet the schnauzers can't wait for this to be over too and will go running into the arms of their professional groomers.
Dawnspell
First Name: Alison
Dog #1: Barney RIP 8/3/19
Born: 06 Feb 2013
Dog #2: Jasper
Born: 25 Apr 2019

Post by Dawnspell »

Oscar 12345 wrote: 05 Apr 2020, 13:46 I have done that before on Oscar did ears on No 10 and then went straight to back right down the middle, a bit of a reverse mohican. Did Otto's rear yesterday and I think I need glasses. One side is not a straight line and I have taken too much off. I didn't think anyone would notice but OH said "what have you done to his bottom". :D. It's really annoying because when walking it is the bit I see all the time.

It would have to be really bad for my OH to notice =)) I once trimmed an eyebrow way shorter than the other and he didn't notice. 3 days I waited before sorting it for him to notice, didnt happen :D
Our first family dog
Barney - Pocketpark Biali Eyebright 6/2/13 - 8/3/19 Gone too soon
Motto for owners who groom their own Schnauzers -"Never mind it'll soon grow back"
schnauzer
First Name: Christine
Dog #1: Suzi (RIP) 13/4/17
Born: 15 May 2004
Dog #2: Gino/Siglette Shadow
Born: 09 May 2017

Post by schnauzer »

Gino has been groomed every 6wks he’s due again in a couple week but of course next groom date has been cancelled my hubby is threatening to chop him not that we have any grooming tools I’ve said NO so think we will be falling out over it.
Christine & Gino (Siglette Shadow (born 9/5/17 ---

Suzi (15/5/04---13/4/17) (Sugarbabe) RIP loved you to the moon & back, miss you so so much precious girl
Oscar 12345

Post by Oscar 12345 »

Christine, if you need any help just message me, I can give you some tips on how to keep Gino looking smart whilst waiting for your groomer to return.
schnauzer
First Name: Christine
Dog #1: Suzi (RIP) 13/4/17
Born: 15 May 2004
Dog #2: Gino/Siglette Shadow
Born: 09 May 2017

Post by schnauzer »

Oscar 12345 wrote: 06 Apr 2020, 09:58 Christine, if you need any help just message me, I can give you some tips on how to keep Gino looking smart whilst waiting for your groomer to return.

Julie thanks will do, will see how it goes .....but we don’t have grooming tools it would just be with ordinary scissors that he would use.
Christine & Gino (Siglette Shadow (born 9/5/17 ---

Suzi (15/5/04---13/4/17) (Sugarbabe) RIP loved you to the moon & back, miss you so so much precious girl