Ozzy turns 1YO!

The Miniature Schnauzer is a smallest dog in the Schnauzer breed and originated in the mid-to-late 19th Century from Germany. The Miniature Schnauzer is a cross between the Standard Schnauzer and other smaller breeds such as the Poodle. A miniature Schnauzer is a spunky, but aloof dog who does things their own way. They tend to be good guard dogs without the tendency to bite.
Forum rules
Please feel free to post here if your topic does not fit into one of the categories under 'Caring for your Schnauzer'. There are sections for breeding, feeding, grooming, showing and many more that may be more appropriate than this generic section
Schnauzerluv
First Name: Kat
Dog #1: Ozzy
is a: B/S Mini Dog
Born: 30 Jul 2020
Dog #2: Lily
is a: Black Mini Bitch
Born: 12 Aug 2022

Ozzy turns 1YO!

Post by Schnauzerluv »

I'm proud to say our little boy is not so little anymore, he turned 1 year old last week on July 30th! He ended up being about 14.5 inches tall and 14 inches long, around 19.5 lbs, a nice perfect size for us to manage easily. He is an amazing dog, we are so happy we got a chance with him! He grew up in the heart of the pandemic times, it's been a long uncertain journey trying to figure out how to handle things, but along with modern training techniques and a lot of patience, Ozzy has come a long long way.

I bring him everywhere with me (that he can go), he is so easy to bring along, loves car rides, is not reactive to people or dogs (most of the time 😋) with a lot of training and he just automatically sticks by my side when we are out, no fighting with the leash well...ever.

He loves to run, he loves to make us laugh (repeating whatever action it is that we are laughing at), loves to play fight and chase toys (or my vacuum, rake, broom, snow shovel, fly swat, hockey stick.....lol). He is a total ham hoot every single day, we absolutely couldn't have hoped for a better dog, he is pretty well perfect!

I attached some pics that I took recently, i'm just so enamored by this little guy!

New donut toy our friend got for him

More pics to come
Schnauzerluv

Re: Ozzy turns 1YO!

Post by Schnauzerluv »

Just chillaxing in the garden

His wheel (toy) my nieces got for him

This was on our walk yesterday, he found a frog, sniffed that thing just walking along. It's funny, he is kind of scared of snakes and any time a stick moves he jumps back when he smells an amphibian or snake. I just can't get over how fast he sniffs them out. Nothing gets passed Ozzy. I can't even sneak a cookie or Dr. Pepper without him knowing it!
zeta1454
First Name: Leigh
Dog #1: Magic
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 20 Apr 2010
Dog #2: Trilby
Born: 15 Mar 2012
Dog #3: Pip
Born: 21 Feb 2014

Post by zeta1454 »

Happy Birthday Ozzy :YMPARTY:

Lovely photos - thank you for sharing them and for letting us follow his journey through his first year with you :)
Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. ~Roger Caras

Magic - Silversocks Sharade at Darksprite
Trilby - Darksprite Rosa Bud

https://m.facebook.com/pages/category/C ... 916994967/
Dawnspell
First Name: Alison
Dog #1: Barney RIP 8/3/19
is a: White Mini Dog
Born: 06 Feb 2013
Dog #2: Jasper
Born: 25 Apr 2019

Post by Dawnspell »

Happy Birthday :O) :YMPARTY: Hope you had a lovely day

He's grown into a very handsome chap, his marking have really brightened up since the last photos. Jasper finds hedgehogs =))
Our first family dog
Barney - Pocketpark Biali Eyebright 6/2/13 - 8/3/19 Gone too soon
Motto for owners who groom their own Schnauzers -"Never mind it'll soon grow back"
Schnauzerluv

Post by Schnauzerluv »

Thank you Alison, we took a nice walk together in a nearby greenspace and Ozzy was treated was like a big boy king. It was just a fun day all together. He got his own plate of steak and a bit of asparagus (he loves veggies too). Lol, it was gone before I could snap the pics lol.

In anticipation....

And just a fun pic
Schnauzerluv

Post by Schnauzerluv »

zeta1454 wrote: 07 Aug 2021, 06:57 Happy Birthday Ozzy :YMPARTY:

Lovely photos - thank you for sharing them and for letting us follow his journey through his first year with you :)
Oops missed this Leigh, don't know how lol. It's been a pleasure sharing our experience here and a big thank you to you for all the help and tips along the way. I have missed some things i'm sure I meant to share here, so I will probably add some reminiscent pics and share stories. I've been going through my pictures and celebrating the last year.

Last edited by Schnauzerluv on 08 Aug 2021, 02:13, edited 1 time in total.
Schnauzerluv

Post by Schnauzerluv »

Dawnspell wrote: 07 Aug 2021, 09:53 Jasper finds hedgehogs =))
😂 I actually saw a ground hog (same thing?) the other day pop out look around and pop back in his hole. Ozzy didn't even see him lol! Today he was woofing at a sea gull skawcking perched way up a very very tall light pillar outside a fast food establishment. He loves to chase birds, never gets them, just chases them away.
schnauzer
First Name: Christine
Dog #1: Suzi (RIP) 13/4/17
Born: 15 May 2004
Dog #2: Gino/Siglette Shadow
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 09 May 2017

Post by schnauzer »

happy birthday Ozzy, they grow so fast & give you so so much fun, a super breed.
Christine & Gino (Siglette Shadow (born 9/5/17 ---

Suzi (15/5/04---13/4/17) (Sugarbabe) RIP loved you to the moon & back, miss you so so much precious girl
Dawnspell

Post by Dawnspell »

Living on an island 9 miles long and 3 miles wide we have seagulls everywhere. Jasper ignores the squawking but they are not allowed to land on the patio X( =)) Which is handy when having a bbq as they will fly down to thieve anything cooking given the opportunity. I have seen one swallow a half corn on the cob, and others swallow 5-6 inch rib bones flying off with some still sticking out of their beaks :ymsick:
Our first family dog
Motto for owners who groom their own Schnauzers -"Never mind it'll soon grow back"
Schnauzerluv

Post by Schnauzerluv »

schnauzer wrote: 08 Aug 2021, 10:20 happy birthday Ozzy, they grow so fast & give you so so much fun, a super breed.
Thank you Christine! They do grow up so fast....
He was an adorable pup, I couldn't take my eyes off of him. But I am loving the character Ozzy has become and getting to know him. He is seriously without a doubt my best friend 😊
Dawnspell wrote: 08 Aug 2021, 16:40 Living on an island 9 miles long and 3 miles wide we have seagulls everywhere. Jasper ignores the squawking but they are not allowed to land on the patio X( =)) Which is handy when having a bbq as they will fly down to thieve anything cooking given the opportunity. I have seen one swallow a half corn on the cob, and others swallow 5-6 inch rib bones flying off with some still sticking out of their beaks :ymsick:
Uhhhhhh, they are very bold! We brought Ozzy along for a car ride, the seagulls hang around the restaurants. Fortunately they are not that bold here, they will "beg" for tidbits but generally aren't that much of a nuisance. It's a bit comical, but they must drive you nuts! I've never seen them gulp a 5" anything, that's pretty crazy!
Dawnspell

Post by Dawnspell »

They will swallow more than one and their necks go all misshaped :)) If they think it's edible they try to eat it, on a very gross occasion I saw one swallow a whole live duckling, they're not safe from being eaten until over a week to two week old :(
Our first family dog
Schnauzerluv

Post by Schnauzerluv »

Oh my! Yikes!

Now that you said that, I was watching some ravens fly off with a 2" apple by the stem from my tree.

Yeah that's pretty gross.
Schnauzerluv

Post by Schnauzerluv »

I got Ozzy some shades and tried them for the 1st time.
Lol

Had to share. I do think they could be good to protect the eyes though.....
He didn't seem to mind too much, although he was just resting at the moment.

Also believe it or not I just washed his beard haha. It naturally has curl 😂 All his furnishings and soft hair is a bit curly, especially after it is rained on.