Indestructible bed????

Found a nice dog coat? Found a cozy pub that's Schnauzer friendly or even a Schnauzer friendly B&B. Feel free to share it here. Basically anything that we would want to buy for our Schnauzer goes here.
nessclair
First Name: Vanessa
Dog #1: Monty
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 21 Sep 2010

Indestructible bed????

Post by nessclair »

Is there such a thing? Monty is a real digger when it comes to his bed, and having tried out several types, we are not sure what to try next! Monty likes a box duvet bed that he can stretch out on, so a plastic basket isn't an option. I have googled and found a few options. Has anyone tried any of the following:-
a) the Orvis tough chew bed?
b) a raised bed/
c) on eBay there is a bed made of military grade canvas
d) on eBay there is also a bed made of anti vandal material used in hospital beds
Any other suggestions would be welcome for anti scratch options.

Thanks
Ness and Monty (S/P mini born 21.9.10 rehomed with me 13.8.11)
Maty
First Name: Kate
Dog #1: Isaura Lucidus
Born: 10 Aug 2011
Dog #2: Darksprite Finn Mac
Born: 17 Mar 2013

Re: Indestructible bed????

Post by Maty »

We have Orvis beds, expensive but very worth it. We also have 3 peak beds that feel and sound like air beds, so far they have lasted 3 years.

What is important to me is that they have covers that completely unzip for washing.
Maty

Rodders the Mini Pup, born 10/08/11, came home on 09/10/11
Creggan the Mini Pup, born 17/03/13, came home on 01/06/13

Proud of my Scottish Heritage
zeta1454
First Name: Leigh
Dog #1: Magic
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 20 Apr 2010
Dog #2: Trilby
Born: 15 Mar 2012
Dog #3: Pip
Born: 21 Feb 2014

Post by zeta1454 »

We have found the Orvis beds to be excellent and long lasting although our dogs are not too bad for detroyong beds! The Tough Chew bed that Orvis sells is expensive but they do guarantee to refund your money if your dog does chew through it so might be worth it if you can afford the initial outlay. We still have an Orvis bed that has lasted over seven years and in that time been used by various of eleven dogs and even more puppies :) and is still going strong. We have since invested in another as we find them more cost effective than keep buying the cheaper beds which do not wash as well and just seem to get shabby if not come apart at the seams in time.

http://www.orvis.co.uk/p/deep-dish-toug ... g-bed/0h6k" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. ~Roger Caras

Magic - Silversocks Sharade at Darksprite
Trilby - Darksprite Rosa Bud

https://m.facebook.com/pages/category/C ... 916994967/
rich 40
First Name: Richard

Post by rich 40 »

Hi we have a Danish design box matress it's with stood puppy teeth and scratching from our two and you can remove the cover to wash think it was about 40 quid.
nessclair
First Name: Vanessa
Dog #1: Monty
Born: 21 Sep 2010

Post by nessclair »

Thanks for responses- will have a look. Orvis sound good and long lasting, and do have the benefit of a refund if it doesn't work :) The last beds haven't fared very well at all!!
Ness and Monty (S/P mini born 21.9.10 rehomed with me 13.8.11)
Sharon H
First Name: Sharon
Dog #1: Falls of Clyde
Born: 14 Jul 2009
Dog #2: Lichstone Midnight L
is a: B/S Mini Dog
Born: 08 May 2011
Dog #3: Quickpaw Mr Blue Sky
Born: 12 Dec 2013
is a: B/S Mini Dog

Post by Sharon H »

I have 3 Tuffies which have lasted years, you can buy different covers for themn and I recommend the wicking covers.
http://www.tuffies.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
They do one called the really Tough Tuffie which has a money back guarantee
Madooka
First Name: Lorien

Post by Madooka »

I can recommend Scruffs - they do Luxury, Orthopaedic, Waterproof, Eco Friendly, the lot! http://www.petslovescruffs.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Janer
First Name: Jane
Dog #1: Meg
is a: Black Mini Bitch
Born: 18 Jan 2014

Post by Janer »

Sharon H wrote:I have 3 Tuffies which have lasted years, you can buy different covers for themn and I recommend the wicking covers.
http://www.tuffies.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
They do one called the really Tough Tuffie which has a money back guarantee
I can second the vote for Tuffies, I haven't used them for Meg but my son's Lab has one, purchased when she started chewing her bed, his in-laws then bought 2 for their Labs and they certainly are tuff, and the covers are removable for washing.

Meg has had a Baavet for about 15 months in which she 'digs' to get comfortable and it is not showing any signs of wear and tear. She actually has 2, a duvet version and a walled version but only digs in the walled one......! She loves her beds and as soon as each arrived there was one sniff and a definite lie down as if to say 'this is mine' , might have something to do with the faint whiff of sheep lanolin!
Bodee
First Name: Boyd

Post by Bodee »

I'm getting this bed for Milla. £50.00 on Amazon. It seems well reviewed.

PetFusion Ultimate Dog / Cat Bed. (Small Gray, 64 x 51 x 14 CM). Premium Edt Solid 6.5CM Memory Foam