Perfect fit harness, what size to order?

Found a nice dog coat? Found a cozy pub that's Schnauzer friendly or even a Schnauzer friendly B&B. Feel free to share it here. Basically anything that we would want to buy for our Schnauzer goes here.
MiniOtto17
Puppy
First Name: Charlotte
Dog #1: Otto
is a: B/S Mini Dog
Born: 17 Mar 1915

Perfect fit harness, what size to order?

Post by MiniOtto17 »

Hi everyone. My pup Otto is now 8 months old and ready for a grown up harness. I have decided to get him the perfect fit harness from dog games after reading glowing reviews on it here on the forum. Otto is around 8kg and his girth is 48 cm. I just wondered what size other people have brought. I'm undecided between the 20mm and 15mm range, I want it to be comfortable and have growning room but be comfortable too. Any advice would be gratefully received.
Thank you :)
zeta1454
First Name: Leigh
Dog #1: Magic
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 20 Apr 2010
Dog #2: Trilby
Born: 15 Mar 2012
Dog #3: Pip
Born: 21 Feb 2014

Re: Perfect fit harness, what size to order?

Post by zeta1454 »

We have a Perfect Fit harness for our minis and we have gone for the 15mm range as ours are not strong pullers when walking. Pip has the XS-XS- M size. She is almost two years old now and fully grown but will be about 7.5-8 kg in weight. If Otto is already 8 kg and you think he may grow bigger and/ or he is a strong puller on lead you might want to get something a bit larger although you can buy individual pieces as a dog grows rather than a whole new harness.

There is a general guide on the website ( breed is listed as schnauzer ( miniature) ) but I have found the staff on the phone at the company very helpful too :)

http://www.dog-games-shop.co.uk/perfect-fit-size-guide" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. ~Roger Caras

Magic - Silversocks Sharade at Darksprite
Trilby - Darksprite Rosa Bud

https://m.facebook.com/pages/category/C ... 916994967/
MiniOtto17
Puppy
First Name: Charlotte
Dog #1: Otto
is a: B/S Mini Dog
Born: 17 Mar 1915

Post by MiniOtto17 »

Thank you zeta for your reply, :-) I could find the size chart on the website so thank you for posting the link. I will take a look and call customer services as you suggested. Thanks
ZiiPAngelclaws
First Name: Hayley

Post by ZiiPAngelclaws »

i purchased a 15mm when Torsten was 6 months. and it did him well, but by just over 1 the back piece was just to small for his now broad back, after a few emails back and forth and a trial of a bigger back piece, i ended up having to buy a whole new 20mm harness for him.
Thankfully Elica fits the first harness so it wasnt wasted.

so my long winded point is just to say, to contact them and if they recommend 2 like they initially did with me, go for the bigger one and save yourself some money ;)