recomended reading and items

Found a nice dog coat? Found a cozy pub that's Schnauzer friendly or even a Schnauzer friendly B&B. Feel free to share it here. Basically anything that we would want to buy for our Schnauzer goes here.
dannie_kl

recomended reading and items

Post by dannie_kl »

Not sure what you'll think of this idea but i have noticed the question of what to read when people are expecting their first litter or starting showing etc is a recurring one. I wondered if it would be useful for forum members to have a book review section were books on the breed, breeding, showing, activities with your dogs, or even dog friendly pubs or accommodation guides could be listed and perhaps given a rating such as four stars etc. just a suggestion and then i thought people can see what people who have certain books thought and also some people might like to add to their collection.
libby

Re: recommended reading

Post by libby »

hi, as a prospective new mini schnauzer owner - Wednesday !!!! Cant wait - I think your idea would be great - have just read The Perfect Puppy -good book for people who like me have never had a dog before !, but certainly dog friendly hotels and pubs would be excellent.
Mitch

Post by Mitch »

Sounds like a good Idea could it be a sticky as they call it in the General schnauzer chat Will ask the admin team for you (callyou)
Caramomo
Site Admin
First Name: Elaine
Dog #1: Cara
is a: Black Mini Bitch
Born: 05 Dec 2006
Dog #2: Momo
Born: 14 Aug 2009
Dog #3: Molly
Born: 01 Aug 2010

Post by Caramomo »

Thats a good idea - help us figure out which books our collections are missing!
Cara and Mo, two black mini's and Molly a black & white Heinz 57 all served by Elaine, the cook, poop picker, and chief toy thrower.
I live by the Mini Schnauzer code; when in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!
Eddie
First Name: Graham

Post by Eddie »

That's a good suggestion Dannie. I'm pretty sure we can make it happen.
Graham, Judie, Eddie (19-03-07 to 25-07-12), Mouse, Daisy and little Reilly. Image
Pottydottie

Post by Pottydottie »

Great Idea Dannie. If it was ok we could inculded caravan/motorhome sites we have been too.

Go_Eddie I hope thats not you on the bike doing a stoppie. Second throughts you have a old banger (giggle)
Molly (17/6/2005 - 11/9/2016) the 3 Essex girls Gemma, Dottie and Daisy Mae
Caramomo
Site Admin

Post by Caramomo »

I could see this one expanding into a section called Recommendations, covering everything from books to good holiday/caravan spots, toys, beds and anything generally dog related. Would we be able to do that or would it breach forum rules?

I ask cos I could see this growing very quickly......
Cara and Mo, two black mini's and Molly a black & white Heinz 57 all served by Elaine, the cook, poop picker, and chief toy thrower.
I live by the Mini Schnauzer code; when in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!
dannie_kl

Post by dannie_kl »

er i think you make a good point elaine (with Cara) but i think if it gets too big too quickly it might take away from the essential idea. when i said about dog friendly places, what i meant is you can buy dog friendly guide books etc and i thought if one was particularly good or had easy to understand ratings or clear and concise info on a certain place then it would be a good ook for others to pick up but if the admin think it should just be a recommended section then thats fine. its just an idea and if others expand on it and someone thinks it developes into a better idea then i am all for it!
Mitch

Post by Mitch »

we could have recommended books and items that would be good

Im trying to get a sticky to have your idea as a sticky thread but at the moment Im not doing very well (question) I need the help of my good freind go eddie who Im sure will come to the rescue if I speak nicely to him (kiss) (giggle)
Mitch

Re: recomended reading and items

Post by Mitch »

Weheyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy I managed it with the help of another of my super heroes Jooles (giggle)

Thanks for the help guys I got there and even moved the thread

Runs away quick as dont know what damage Iv done along the way, pressing buttons can be quite good fun (wink)

Dannie hope this is ok with you I need a (beer) after all that (clap)
Mitch

Post by Mitch »

(sorry) I didnt run quick enough as Iv moved it from one topic to another Iv lost the sticky and cant get it back will have to wait till the boys are back on to help Iv been beat at the moment but will not give up till tomorrow chaps and chapesses (wave)
ziggy
Site Admin

Post by ziggy »

Mitch wrote:(sorry) Iv lost the sticky and cant get it back(wave)
Sorted
Caramomo
Site Admin

Post by Caramomo »

dannie_kl wrote:er i think you make a good point elaine (with Cara) but i think if it gets too big too quickly it might take away from the essential idea. when i said about dog friendly places, what i meant is you can buy dog friendly guide books etc and i thought if one was particularly good or had easy to understand ratings or clear and concise info on a certain place then it would be a good ook for others to pick up but if the admin think it should just be a recommended section then thats fine. its just an idea and if others expand on it and someone thinks it developes into a better idea then i am all for it!
I figured you just meant books and guides that were worth finding, i could then see it turning into ...."thanks for the Abc Guide its very good, we went to the Dog Camp Site mentioned on page 45 and fully reccommend people go there and the pub on Mutt Street is a lovely place for a meal..." and before you know it you have a 16 page thread that recommends everything from books to pubs to dog beds and toys....

I did wonder if it would be worth developing your good ideas into a whole new 'Recommended' section of the forum, like the 'Feeding, Care and Health' or 'BARF' so it is easy to refer back to and for future new members to use. That way it could also include your original intention of book reviews and would still be easily navigable when we are trawling back through muttering "I know its here somewhere...."

To those that do the clever wizardry; is that feasible?
Eddie
First Name: Graham

Post by Eddie »

You might be onto something here. I am not really opposed to it and if "Ziggy" is happy with it I think it could be incorporated quite easily.
Graham, Judie, Eddie (19-03-07 to 25-07-12), Mouse, Daisy and little Reilly. Image
ziggy
Site Admin

Post by ziggy »

Go_Eddie wrote:You might be onto something here. I am not really opposed to it and if "Ziggy" is happy with it I think it could be incorporated quite easily.
Go for it guys