Meet Molly

Pictures of all our other pet family or friends and help and advice on photographing our Schnauzers.
Caramomo
Site Admin
First Name: Elaine
Dog #1: Cara
is a: Black Mini Bitch
Born: 05 Dec 2006
Dog #2: Momo
Born: 14 Aug 2009
Dog #3: Molly
Born: 01 Aug 2010

Meet Molly

Post by Caramomo »

This week seems to have been stray week for us. After my adventures with Kopek I was chatting to the OH and he was saying he has become very attached to the spaniel cross that lives at work. He was making hints about bringing her home. A third dog makes no odds to me, I just didn't expect it to happen for another 5 years or so! We talked through some of the practicalities and realised that as we should be heading to Malaysia it should be possible to take a third dog. So we thought we would give it a try, see how she got on with my two and if she would adapt to a less independent lifestyle. We also decided that she suits the name Molly.

On Sunday I picked up some extra meat from the supermarket, another collar and lead and a new bowl. OH brought Molly home with him and I met them at the park with the girls. We started off with Mo in the car and introduced Cara to her new sister. It took about 30 minutes of slow, gentle introductions until they were content to share the same space without too much fuss. Then we added feisty little Mo to the mix. It took another hour before we were both happy that all three dogs were getting on fine. They were not ecstatic about each other but they were politely tolerant of their new social group. We had a bit of a wander around the park together with all three off lead just mooching about. The schnau's were delighted with some games of fetch with the pine cones whilst poor Molly looked on in confusion, she doesn't know how to play but I'm sure Mo will teach her.

When we got home we gave our new girl some food which disappeared very quickly and then they all settled down in their own spots. Molly was very interested in the pizza we had for tea, at one point front legs were up on the table as she tried to help herself but by the end of dinner she was laid down at OH's feet. Bedtime was interesting with Molly being quite insistent that it would be fine if she slept between OH and I and us being gently insistent that actually 17 odd kilos of dog is better sleeping on the floor. Molly won! It would appear I may just have to get used to sleeping without duvet. Molly likes duvet! Since then Molly seems to be getting on OK with Cara and Mo, has accepted a bath (oh my god the dirt and stink!) and decided that, although she likes her new, regular diet, she doesn't like offal. She will be registered at the vets tomorrow when she will get her first vaccinations including rabies, a microchip and also an alizin injection which terminates pregnancy just in case.

Molly is a lovely dog, with a calm, happy temperament and a cracking smile. She sticks to the OH like glue whenever she can and knows which pocket in my coat holds the treats. When you are walking along with her she has the adorable characteristic of giving your hand gentle nudges with her nose. She is about 12-13 months old and already has had a litter who are about 5 months old now. She looks to be in reasonably good health and a reasonable weight although we are a bit suspicious that her hearing isn't perfect as she shows no response at all to low noises, only high pitched sounds get her attention.

I was going to add two photo's I have of her to this post but imageshack is playing silly buggers with me. As soon as I can get them on imageshack i will put them on here. Promise. Cross my heart and hope to die!
Cara and Mo, two black mini's and Molly a black & white Heinz 57 all served by Elaine, the cook, poop picker, and chief toy thrower.
I live by the Mini Schnauzer code; when in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!
Caramomo
Site Admin

Re: Meet Molly

Post by Caramomo »

So here are the promised photo's of the pretty Molly;

She has made herself at home already;

Sorry, I don't yet have one of all three girls together, we do not want to force them to get any closer than they are happy doing so at this point and we have not yet got all three within camera frame distance whilst they have been still enough and it hasn't been too dark!
Cara and Mo, two black mini's and Molly a black & white Heinz 57 all served by Elaine, the cook, poop picker, and chief toy thrower.
I live by the Mini Schnauzer code; when in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!
Mari Obi and Fingal
First Name: Mari
Dog #1: Obi
is a: Black Giant Dog
Dog #2: Fingal
is a: Black Giant Dog

Post by Mari Obi and Fingal »

Congratulations for your addition to family, and welcome home Molly :ymhug:
She looks absolutely adorable :x :x
Mari

"Life is meaningless without a Giant"
http://obinsivut.suntuubi.com/?cat=11
Sianny
First Name: Sian
Dog #1: Ralphy
is a: B/S Mini Dog
Born: 12 Feb 2009
Dog #2: George
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 25 Mar 2011

Post by Sianny »

Congratulations on your new addition - she's lucky to have found you!
Follow Ralphy on Facebook (occasionally featuring George) http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ralphy-th ... 9952249008
Judi Ibbotson
First Name: Judi
Dog #1: Little Gem
Born: 16 Mar 2011

Post by Judi Ibbotson »

She looks lovely Elaine, I have a soft spot for spaniels we have had one or two in the past :)
Judi & the lovely Little Gem
Darcii + Jarvis
First Name: Naomi
Dog #1: Darci
is a: P/S Std Bitch
Born: 0- 6-2001
Dog #2: Jarvis
is a: P/S Std Dog
Born: 28 May 2012

Post by Darcii + Jarvis »

Awww, welcome home Molly! She's beautiful, and she looks very relaxed in the second photo. I hope she continues to settle in well :x
Maty
First Name: Kate
Dog #1: Isaura Lucidus
Born: 10 Aug 2011
Dog #2: Darksprite Finn Mac
Born: 17 Mar 2013

Post by Maty »

Welcome home Molly :-bd

Be interested to hear your journey together, but it sounds like she already knows she belongs to your OH rather than you :D I hope the vet visit goes well tomorrow.
Maty

Rodders the Mini Pup, born 10/08/11, came home on 09/10/11
Creggan the Mini Pup, born 17/03/13, came home on 01/06/13

Proud of my Scottish Heritage
Cat M
First Name: Cat
Dog #1: Lola
is a: B/S Mini Bitch
Born: 13 Mar 2012
Dog #2: Pixie
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 21 Feb 2014

Post by Cat M »

Hello Molly :-h You are gorgeous! I'm sure Mo will teach you how to get up to mischief in no time :ymdevil:
Claire Farrington
First Name: Claire

Post by Claire Farrington »

Hello Molly, how lucky are you :ymhug:
Properly Trained a man can be a dog's best friend

Sydney (Deansgate) gone to the Rainbow Bridge 19/04/2011 - Run free my little man
Jack (Silversocks Spot On) s/p mini born 10/04/2011
Jill (Silversocks Shana) s/p mini born 11/05/2011
jaegervalder
First Name: Kathleen
Dog #1: Schnapps
Born: 25 Oct 2006
Dog #2: Darcie
Born: 29 Dec 2006
Dog #3: Juno
Born: 0- 0-2010

Post by jaegervalder »

Wow that was fast work. She looks so pretty too! She must be thanking her lucky stars! Congratulations to you all!
Schnapps , the lovely big sister to mental Darcie , the untouchable
and now introducing Juno Lucina Sparkle Marzipan Sunshine.....a big name for a big dog!!
and Kathleen! (Oh and Mel, OH!)
Lotties Ma
First Name: Marie
Dog #1: Lottie
Born: 11 Oct 2011

Post by Lotties Ma »

Another lucky dog, she looks as if she has always slept on a faux throw. ;)
Steffi crossed the rainbow bridge 05.08.11
Thank you for the years of joy.
hula-hoop
First Name: sara
Dog #1: Stanley
Born: 04 Jun 2010

Post by hula-hoop »

Go Elaine! Molly looks and sounds very sweet - was she a street dog? Is she coping ok with the lack of free roam? I think she has landed on her feet with you and you OH for sure! :)
Stanley ratbag - s & p mini born 4/6/10
Caramomo
Site Admin

Post by Caramomo »

jaegervalder wrote:Wow that was fast work. She looks so pretty too! She must be thanking her lucky stars! Congratulations to you all!

Yeah, we don't tend to hang around, once a decision is made we act on it! We kind of have to act fast with our lifestyle; if we hang around too long life changes too much and what would have worked if we acted early becomes impossible so we've got good at it.

Sara, Molly lived on the construction site we work at so the labourers kept her well fed. She goes to work each day with my OH and roams around the site as she pleases. She regularly sits outside the control room (where OH works) or my office and has already realised that when I get in OH and I meet for a coffee and croissant and Molly now joins us too and she will wait by his car each evening to come home. So she still gets her freedom to roam and is quite content to snooze the evening away when we get in. Somehow she is house trained and lead trained, she is so well behaved; rarely barks, doesn't pull on the lead, comes when whistled and is very friendly without being over exuberant.

Molly has had her first vaccinations and her rabies jab and she is due her second vaccinations in two weeks when OH said he would get the microchip, useless man forgot that it's supposed to be microchip then rabies so she may have to have another rabies vaccination, I have to check with the Malaysian ministry that deals with pet imports. It will be OK for coming home as her vaccine runs out next year so she'll need another then and that will comply with European rules.

We have given her a brush which she was happy with (the treats may have helped!) and removed some huge mats from behind her ears. We have to get some ear cleaner as her ears stink and are full of horrible brown goo so OH is going to stop at the vets again tonight to get the cleaner and see if she needs antibiotics.
Derwent
First Name: Yvonne
Dog #1: Max
is a: B/S Mini Dog
Born: 03 Sep 2007
Dog #2: Monty
Born: 21 Aug 2010

Post by Derwent »

She is beautiful and already looks very much at home.
Yvonne
Small dogs but big personalities
Max (B/S mini) Monty (P/S mini)
Tulip

Post by Tulip »

Good on you for giving her a home she deserves, she looks very settled and content.