Two plus one.. Makes three!

Pictures of all our other pet family or friends and help and advice on photographing our Schnauzers.
Dollie

Two plus one.. Makes three!

Post by Dollie »

About two months ago, I wrote about the little bunny I was taking care of. She los her mom (who was dumped for the holidays, along with many many others and then shot by the owners of the property... :() at three/four weeks. Luckily someone knew about the babybuns and everybody took two rabbits home.. Except for little Pip, no one wanted the poor darling. My nepphew couldn't stand the thought of her getting killed because of that, so he took her home. He wanted a rabbit anyway, just not now.. He called me and we agreed I'd take care of her until she was a bit older and stronger. He'd go on a holiday this september and after that, if she'd pull through, she'd go live with him.

Well, she did pull through! And she turned out to be just the sweetest little girl I ever met! And I couldn't let her go after saving her life and taking care of her so much..... :$ my nepphew didn't mind, so she stayed! :D I bonded her with my pair, Fred & Feline.

Pip says hi!

Eating together!

Posing together.

Kiss!

Pip & Fred.

"Look how big I got...." :|

Feline

Wash, wash,,

Just wanted to share! :D
May your joy be as long as a rabbits ears and your sorrow as short as its tail.
Tulip

Re: Two plus one.. Makes three!

Post by Tulip »

I'm so glad you did share! She's BEAUTIFUL! Stunning photography - I love natural light with animals! Absoloutely good on you for saving her and welcoming her in, she seems so happy and so much bigger than when we last saw her! Keep the updates coming!
Caramomo
Site Admin
First Name: Elaine
Dog #1: Cara
is a: Black Mini Bitch
Born: 05 Dec 2006
Dog #2: Momo
is a: Black Mini Bitch
Born: 14 Aug 2009
Dog #3: Molly
Born: 01 Aug 2010

Post by Caramomo »

Oh isn't she just beautiful, I am loving her petite little ears. I WANTS ONE!
Cara and Mo, two black mini's and Molly a black & white Heinz 57 all served by Elaine, the cook, poop picker, and chief toy thrower.
I live by the Mini Schnauzer code; when in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!
Eddie
First Name: Graham

Post by Eddie »

That's a nice story. Well done you.
Graham, Judie, Eddie (19-03-07 to 25-07-12), Mouse, Daisy and little Reilly. Image
Stacey100

Post by Stacey100 »

Whoa! Shot?? Whoa! How awful. I have never kept rabbits as pets or will do ever but how on earth do people live with themselves, going on holiday so lets shoot our pets?? So very sad and so happy that there are people like you who do care and do take these little fluffy creatures in and they are incredibly adorable and cute in the photos. Thank you for sharing.xx
If there are no dogs in Heaven,then when I die I want to go where they went.
We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.
Sianny
First Name: Sian
Dog #1: Ralphy
is a: B/S Mini Dog
Born: 12 Feb 2009
Dog #2: George
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 25 Mar 2011

Post by Sianny »

The last one made me squeak. Adorable!
I'm allergic to wabbits but would risk a sneeze to cuddle that speshl one! Well done in rescuing her and making her strong.
Follow Ralphy on Facebook (occasionally featuring George) http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ralphy-th ... 9952249008
monkeypuzzler
First Name: Roo
Dog #1: Sprocket
is a: B/S Mini Dog
Born: 18 May 2010
Dog #2: Coming soon!

Post by monkeypuzzler »

Gorgeous. There's nothing quite like bonded rabbits.
Dollie

Post by Dollie »

Thanks all! :D
Stacey100 wrote:Whoa! Shot?? Whoa! How awful. I have never kept rabbits as pets or will do ever but how on earth do people live with themselves, going on holiday so lets shoot our pets?? So very sad and so happy that there are people like you who do care and do take these little fluffy creatures in and they are incredibly adorable and cute in the photos. Thank you for sharing.xx
Well, the people that dumped the rabbits didn't think about them getting shot.. "We're fed up, so we set them free.." The owner of the property (it's owned by a mental health institution, my nepphew works there) doesn't want dozens of rabbits ruining the gardens and everything, I understand they can't just let the rabbits live there. But shooting them.. And in the middle of august! Pip and her civlings were born in a shed, but what about all those litters no one knew about? They must have starved to death.. But in the end, the people that think rabbits are disposable pets are the ones to blame..
august23

Post by august23 »

They are just too cute. We love the black one, it looks just like Otto in rabbit form. It's the eyes that do it (giggle)
Otto Black Standard
Ruby Black Mini
Stacey100

Post by Stacey100 »

Dollie wrote:Thanks all! :D
Stacey100 wrote:Whoa! Shot?? Whoa! How awful. I have never kept rabbits as pets or will do ever but how on earth do people live with themselves, going on holiday so lets shoot our pets?? So very sad and so happy that there are people like you who do care and do take these little fluffy creatures in and they are incredibly adorable and cute in the photos. Thank you for sharing.xx
Well, the people that dumped the rabbits didn't think about them getting shot.. "We're fed up, so we set them free.." The owner of the property (it's owned by a mental health institution, my nepphew works there) doesn't want dozens of rabbits ruining the gardens and everything, I understand they can't just let the rabbits live there. But shooting them.. And in the middle of august! Pip and her civlings were born in a shed, but what about all those litters no one knew about? They must have starved to death.. But in the end, the people that think rabbits are disposable pets are the ones to blame..
Ah, I see, shooting them is very drastic, I am sorry to hear their story, most things in life are considered disposable now unfortunately by many people, it is the world we live in. Glad you managed to save some anyhow.x
If there are no dogs in Heaven,then when I die I want to go where they went.
We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.
black beard
First Name: Donna
Dog #1: Heidi
is a: Black Std Bitch
Born: 16 Mar 2010
Dog #2: Dita
Born: 28 Jun 2011
Dog #3: Ruddi
Born: 21 Apr 2013
is a: Black Std Dog

Post by black beard »

What cuties! My son asked me recently if he could have a rabbit, it was the fact I could almost hear Heidi in the background saying "yes please" that made my decision :s
Heidi: Black Standard born 16/3/10
Dita: Black Standard born 28/6/11
Ruddi: Black Standard born 21/4/13
Dollie

Post by Dollie »

august23 wrote:They are just too cute. We love the black one, it looks just like Otto in rabbit form. It's the eyes that do it (giggle)
Hahah, we've been saying that too! We have a dog and a bunny with a beard now haha! Although she looks more like Otto than like Barber, since Barber is black and silver.

@ Black Beard: Haha, well Barber loves our rabbits! Although he's not very fond of Pip, he doesn't mind her walking around the livingroom, but she enjoys jumping on the couch and sitting with me or my mum or dad or who ever is around. Barber isn't allowed to sit on the couch and he still believes all the attention should go to him, so he's a bit jealous. (Okay, not a bit, he is very very jealouse.. :p)

But they get along very well, all of them.
black beard
First Name: Donna
Dog #1: Heidi
Born: 16 Mar 2010
Dog #2: Dita
Born: 28 Jun 2011
Dog #3: Ruddi
Born: 21 Apr 2013
is a: Black Std Dog

Post by black beard »

LOL..I can imagine, but well done you for getting them to live in harmony! When I was young we had a GSD, a whippet, the cat and a rabbit who all liked to lie in front of the fire together I thought nothing of it back then, now I realise that was down to my mum being fab with animals :)
Heidi: Black Standard born 16/3/10
Dita: Black Standard born 28/6/11
Ruddi: Black Standard born 21/4/13
Grice
First Name: Melanie

Post by Grice »

Gorgeous! I love the outdoor ones and the ones on the chair, stunning :D