So sad - I think it's time

Feeding, training and healthcare for our older furry bearded friends.
Claire Farrington
First Name: Claire

Re: So sad - I think it's time

Post by Claire Farrington »

Run free Sophie :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
Properly Trained a man can be a dog's best friend

Sydney (Deansgate) gone to the Rainbow Bridge 19/04/2011 - Run free my little man
Jack (Silversocks Spot On) s/p mini born 10/04/2011
Jill (Silversocks Shana) s/p mini born 11/05/2011
Al T

Post by Al T »

RIP Sohie
Schnauzers turn you soft in the head!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/organize/ ... ab=new_set

Al.

"If a man speaks in the forest & there is no woman to hear him.....is he still wrong"..?? !!
Champ629
First Name: Karen

Post by Champ629 »

So sorry to read your sad news :(

Thinking of you.

Run free in the sunshine Sophie xxx
Miniature Schnauzers: Sophie, Freddie and Dory

RIP Cody 17/02/23
RIP Jake 29/10/21
RIP Jenny 28/01/20
RIP Dee Dee 12/02/13
GaryThomlinson
First Name: Gary
Dog #1: Penny
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 20 Mar 2013
Dog #2: Daisy (Rescue)
Born: 28 Aug 2006

Post by GaryThomlinson »

So sorry to hear this. I'm sure she's looking down on you waiting to see you again. X
Gary
BeeBee
First Name: Janetta

Post by BeeBee »

So terribly sad, it's the hardest thing we go through with our pets, it really is awful :ymhug: :ymhug:
Jasmine (RIP) Renae b.01.11.10, sister to Susie-Belle (RIP), Twinkle (RIP), Cerise & Albert Claude puppy farm rescues, my muses
Creator of Schnauzerfest a good thing made possible by 1000s of good people & dogs
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Susie-Be ... 0289434936
http://www.janettaharvey.com/
patty1
First Name: Mrs
Dog #1: Ruby

Post by patty1 »

So very sad I am writing this with a huge lump in my throat having recently gone through the same thing. I have decided to have another dog very soon as my house is not a home without one. I shared 15 years with my beloved westie Rosie she was everything to me and my husband and was quite a character, we can't face having another westie as it would be like trying to replace her and that can never be. The love and enjoyment we got from her was immense and it is a tribute to her that we are going to have another dog and we have chosen to have a mini schnauzer. Our thoughts are with you at this very sad time.
schnauzer
First Name: Christine
Dog #1: Suzi (RIP) 13/4/17
Born: 15 May 2004
Dog #2: Gino/Siglette Shadow
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 09 May 2017

Post by schnauzer »

Thinking about you at this sad time. It's heartbreaking I dread the day. Sending hugs to you all x x
Christine & Gino (Siglette Shadow (born 9/5/17 ---

Suzi (15/5/04---13/4/17) (Sugarbabe) RIP loved you to the moon & back, miss you so so much precious girl
Love Them
First Name: Denise

Post by Love Them »

I feel your incredible pain…we had the to make the same heartbreaking decision a few days before our beloved Molly turned 14, in Sep last year 2014..we did not hesitate in our decision, as we were dedicated to her well being, without any suffering, 110%
Our vet was amazing and as we were grieving in the days and weeks and months after her passing our vet would kindly reassure us that we had absolutely done the most honourable and respectful thing we could have for our girl..
Making that decision is unbearable but sending them off to Rainbow Bridge with love, respect and clarity about not letting them suffer is about the only gift left to give them at that awful traumatic stage.
I still miss Molly - she was a very special dog and was our second Mini girl…with our Priscilla passing away in 2006…..heartbreaking yet again…
We decided we would not get another dog as losing them is pain that you cannot describe…but as the planets aligned for us….a beautiful rescue dog fell into our arms some 6 weeks ago…Bridie Estelle Ferguson is a wonderful and energetic two yr old Mini Salt and Pepper girl, and once again balance has been restored to our lives with the pure joy of a four legged family member…
She will never replace our other girls but she is now the most wonderful addition to our household and we could not be more overjoyed.
Such individuals and so special in their own ways…bliss…
Good luck and my heartfelt thoughts are with you x
Ro Peach
First Name: Rosemary
Dog #1: Sophie
is a: Black Mini Bitch
Born: 08 Jan 1999

Post by Ro Peach »

Thank you Denise. Your post cheered me to hear you have adopted a lovely new mini. My OH and I are currently in Greece for 6 weeks as we knew it would be good for us to get away for a while. As you can see though I am still addicted to the forum and interested in all things schnauzer. We used to bring Sophie here and she was quite a celebrity on the Island. They had never see a schnauzer before and everyone has been asking after her. I think it is good that I can remember all the fun times now without feeling so terribly sad.
I think when we get back to the UK I will be looking at all the re homing sites. Maybe the planets will align themselves for us too. For now I am enjoying the sunshine and temperatures of 26 degrees with a cool breeze. Life is not so bad after all. :)
Chloe always in my heart. Salt and pepper mini 1999 - 2012
Sophie my amazing black mini 1999 - July 2014
Morgana99
First Name: Alison
Dog #1: Alfie
Born: 12 Dec 2007
Dog #2: Duke
Born: 12 Dec 2007

Post by Morgana99 »

Ah & I bet you are having some Sophie moments too, especially being somewhere you had such special times with her. It's good to remember and keep them close to your heart, although it isn't easy in the early days. We had relatives staying with us at the weekend who regularly used to look after our rescue terrier Monty for us. Of course, memories of Monty were shared and they were mostly happy ones. The pain of losing our special ones is unbearable, but for me, the privilege and pleasure of knowing & loving them all means I can't envisage being without at least one :x .

Lovely to hear how fate intervened for Denise too, as it so often does. Bridie sounds a little treasure :ymhug:
Horace, Bearded Collie X, rescued 1984, left us 1993, aged 15 approx
Eric, Bearded Collie, left us 2002, aged 15.5
Elsie (Vowchurch Belinda Black), Beardie, rescued 1988, left us 2000, aged 13.5
Monty, Patterdale Terrier X, rescued 2003, left us 2012, aged 12 approx
Always in our hearts
katewallis
Puppy
First Name: kate

Post by katewallis »

I'm so sorry to read your post. It looks like the time has come.My old girl has taken me to the vet twice for the Final injection, happily, she romps on, at 18. The day will come, for Maisie and me, and I want to be kind.Lots of love to you in the see-ing off of your best mate. XX