Are you more interesting than ****

Want to know something about training your Schnauzer. Feel free to browse through this section. You will find everything from toilet training, recall and other training issues covered here. Feel free to ask your own questions too. You will have a perfectly behaved Schnauzer in no time.
Oscar 12345
First Name: Julie
Dog #1: Oscar RIP Sweety
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 21 Dec 2002
Dog #2: Otto
is a: B/S Mini Dog
Born: 04 Jul 2017

Are you more interesting than ****

Post by Oscar 12345 »

Well we had our first 1-1 training session today. Opening comments from the trainer was that I need to make myself more interesting than sheep s**t.

Um - that's quite a tall order I think :-s
Man cannot survive with wine alone...
we also need a schnauzer.
mikegoodson1
First Name: Mike
Dog #1: Oscar
is a: Black Mini Dog
Born: 17 Oct 2015
Dog #2: Sasha
is a: B/S Mini Bitch
Born: 23 Sep 2017

Re: Are you more interesting than ****

Post by mikegoodson1 »

I have had a full-on busy day at work but reading that first line of yours, made me laugh out loud in the office and really cheered me up :)

I cannot believe a trainer would say that to you..............saying that, the trainer I am currently using isn't really known for her diplomacy skills so I could imagine her saying it...........not very 'customer focused' though is it? I mean, you are paying for a service and they say that!!!!!!!!
Oscar 12345

Post by Oscar 12345 »

Mike,

Yes she calls a spade a spade whilst I would describe it as a tool with a sharp-edged typically rectangular metal blade and a long handle.

It did the trick through. Just had the most amazing walk with some sausage (and Otto of course). :-bd
Riesen16
First Name: Gillian
Dog #1: Enya von Amber
is a: P/S Giant Bitch
Born: 30 Sep 2015

Post by Riesen16 »

I can't see any problem here at all. The trainer only said you should make yourself more interessed than a sheep dung. What's wrong with that???? I found it very funny.
RainyDayz
First Name: Kate

Post by RainyDayz »

It is actually very difficult to be more interesting to a GS than any form of outdoor poo, especially baby calf poo which has high milk content. I once caught my then young giant tucking into half a dead deer and nothing on earth was going to make him leave it except a strong lead and stout walking boots (for gripping into the earth and pulling him away).
Oscar 12345

Post by Oscar 12345 »

Respect Kate. ^:)^
Fergus
First Name: colin

Post by Fergus »

RainyDayz wrote:It is actually very difficult to be more interesting to a GS than any form of outdoor poo, especially baby calf poo which has high milk content. I once caught my then young giant tucking into half a dead deer and nothing on earth was going to make him leave it except a strong lead and stout walking boots (for gripping into the earth and pulling him away).
Fergus is a great fan of rabbit poo.
It is the same size shape and colour as his food, so possibly not surprising.