Suddenly pooing in the house....

Barking, humping, aggression are covered here. If you have a behavioural issue, please raise it here. Whether it be good or bad.
higsywigsy
Puppy
First Name: Rachel

Suddenly pooing in the house....

Post by higsywigsy » 18 Jan 2019, 15:18

Dear all - we have a much loved 1 yr old boy called Scooby who has been perfectly well behaved since he was house trained at 4 months. However, over the last week he has taken to pooing on our landing every night. :(
There has been no change in his routine at all, and no major stressors I can think of.
Does anyone have any advice please about this?
Many thanks in advance

Oscar 12345
First Name: Julie
Dog #1: Oscar RIP Sweety
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 21 Dec 2002
Dog #2: Otto
is a: B/S Mini Dog
Born: 04 Jul 2017

Re: Suddenly pooing in the house....

Post by Oscar 12345 » 19 Jan 2019, 10:53

Hi Rachel, can you give us a bit more info re: what times are you feeding Scooby and does he eat anything between the last meal and bedtime. What time is he going out to toilet and what are his toilet habits? Is he wormed or do you get him checked for worms? Would be helpful to build up a bit more of a picture of your little boy.
Every snack you make
Every meal you bake
Every bite you take
He'll be watching you......

mikegoodson1
First Name: Mike
Dog #1: Oscar
is a: Black Mini Dog
Born: 17 Oct 2015
Dog #2: Sasha
is a: B/S Mini Bitch
Born: 23 Sep 2017

Re: Suddenly pooing in the house....

Post by mikegoodson1 » 21 Jan 2019, 14:17

I have a one year old mini Schnauzer girl and although she is house trained, I'm convinced that given the chance, in the night, she may do 'something' inside the house. What we have started doing, is shutting her in our bedroom (along with our three year old mini Schnauzer), so what she tends to do, if she needs to go out, Is scratch the door. This wakes me up and hence I let her out in the garden. I know it's not an ideal solution but I would rather do the half-asleep walk downstairs to let her out, than clean something up before heading off to work!

Would that work for you? Or isn't it practical?

I'm sure the other question would be around why Scooby is going in the house, presumably you are taking him outside (or letting him out) before bedtime for him to sort himself out? Has his diet changed? Have there been any changes in your household that could have unsettled him?