How stubborn is your schnauzer?

Barking, humping, aggression are covered here. If you have a behavioural issue, please raise it here. Whether it be good or bad.
Oscar 12345
First Name: Julie
Dog #1: Oscar RIP Sweety
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 21 Dec 2002
Dog #2: Otto
is a: B/S Mini Dog
Born: 04 Jul 2017

Re: How stubborn is your schnauzer?

Post by Oscar 12345 »

Emily, wonderfully describing the world of schnauzer ownership there. I recognise most of those things in the two boys I have had and I feel I know your two already. Very funny.... It is interesting that the 1-1 trainer I had trains gun dogs and had a really good reputation. She said when helping me with Otto that she realises why she has stuck to gun dogs. I think she found Otto quite frustrating :)) Looking forward already to hearing what your schnauzer family get up to.
Man cannot survive with wine alone...
we also need a schnauzer.
mikegoodson1
First Name: Mike
Dog #1: Oscar
is a: Black Mini Dog
Born: 17 Oct 2015
Dog #2: Sasha
is a: B/S Mini Bitch
Born: 23 Sep 2017

Post by mikegoodson1 »

Hi Emily - I'm just catching up on posts and loved reading your description of Sidney and Rupert - that has brightened up the start to my week :D
Meger7
First Name: Megan

Post by Meger7 »

Hahaha I love this question! When my Buzz was younger I would let him out and he would roam the neighborhood only to come back. But other times he would behave and stay in our yard. When he was much younger he would go out then come back in and crap in the house. Not urinate. But crap and then run away from us. He also used to chew on the walls and chew holes through the sheet rock. Now he is the sweetest, most loving dog I've ever owned aside from Ben who is my yorkie. Buzz actually minds much better than my yorkie. Love him to pieces. Anyone else's mini schnauzers like this?
Dawnspell
First Name: Alison
Dog #1: Barney RIP 8/3/19
is a: White Mini Dog
Born: 06 Feb 2013
Dog #2: Jasper
is a: White Mini Dog
Born: 25 Apr 2019

Post by Dawnspell »

A stubborn person / dog - having or showing dogged determination not to change ones attitude or position on something.

There's 2 reasons for this in a dog
1 They don't understand what you're asking them to do
2 Theyre not motivated enough to change what they're doing.

Both are problems caused by the human not the dog being stubborn.

Been reading training book, can u tell =))
Our first family dog
Barney - Pocketpark Biali Eyebright 6/2/13 - 8/3/19 Gone too soon
Motto for owners who groom their own Schnauzers -"Never mind it'll soon grow back"
Oscar 12345
First Name: Julie
Dog #1: Oscar RIP Sweety
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 21 Dec 2002
Dog #2: Otto
is a: B/S Mini Dog
Born: 04 Jul 2017

Post by Oscar 12345 »

Yes so have I.... I did defend myself though by preceding those points with "much more than the average dog"...... That makes him stubborn and makes me feel much better. :))
Man cannot survive with wine alone...
we also need a schnauzer.