A crocodile has arrived!

Barking, humping, aggression are covered here. If you have a behavioural issue, please raise it here. Whether it be good or bad.
Kazzi
First Name: Karen

A crocodile has arrived!

Post by Kazzi »

Not necessarily asking for help (yet!) but before we got Coco I saw references to little crocodiles & didn't quite get it. Well I get it now :D She's still wonderful but I'm glad we're starting puppy training tomorrow evening plus she's most definitely found her voice & is showing her dislike of anything that comes within her territory either audibly or visibly - neighbours will love her :ymblushing:
Schnauzer Sam
First Name: Sam
Dog #1: Rosie
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 06 Jul 2017
Dog #2: Edie
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 11 Jun 2018

Re: A crocodile has arrived!

Post by Schnauzer Sam »

Hi Karen,

They all go through that stage and you do start to wonder if it will ever end. I promise you that it will come to an end. It usually calms down for a while before getting worse again when the teething's happening before stopping for good.

Regarding the barking; my neighbour casually mentioned that she heard Rosie bark in the garden from time to time. I explained that she wasn't as bad as many schnauzers that I knew and she was incredulous that I'd bought a breed that's known to be vocal.

It's all about experience and once the dog comes to term with the new stimulus and understands that it can be accepted as normal then they usually won't bark in the future. Now when my neighbours are in the garden Rosie no longer barks.
Country Girl at Heart (Molly) 8 April 2003 - 22 December 2018

You're never alone when you own a schnauzer

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Rosie-and-E ... 872588622/
Kazzi
First Name: Karen

Re: A crocodile has arrived!

Post by Kazzi »

Thanks for the reassurance Sam. We’re prepared for it to pass, it’s the glint in her eye that actually makes it a bit funny. I have noticed if she’s well exercised she’s calmer & less nippy which makes sense I guess we’re still learning her stamina levels.

She’s much calmer last couple of days, it was workmen next door she complained about. Today I had someone in doing her fence & she didn’t bat an eye :D