Ear chewing

Barking, humping, aggression are covered here. If you have a behavioural issue, please raise it here. Whether it be good or bad.
Adnil
First Name: Linda

Ear chewing

Post by Adnil »

Hi my 7 month old mini pup will not stop chewing my older dog’s ears leaving them soaking. He does not appear to be hurting him but for me it is really annoying and it is constant. I have tried spraying the older dog’s ears with bitter apple but he just sooks this off any suggestions greatly appreciated?
zeta1454
First Name: Leigh
Dog #1: Magic
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 20 Apr 2010
Dog #2: Trilby
Born: 15 Mar 2012
Dog #3: Pip
Born: 21 Feb 2014

Re: Ear chewing

Post by zeta1454 »

Hi Linda, ear licking and chewing is quite common in a number of dogs. One of our mini girls is terrible for licking the ears of her Mum and her daughter and we have not found anything that will deter her so just try to distract her away when she does it. It is possible that Oscar will grow out of the licking as he is still young and pups can have habits which they stop when they mature, however I could not be sure of that. It would help if the older dogs told him off or moved away from him but I know that often other dogs do tolerate this kind of attention so you may just need to intervene yourself and try to distract him on to a chew toy or similar.

I would also be interested to know if anyone else has resolved this kind of issue.
Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. ~Roger Caras

Magic - Silversocks Sharade at Darksprite
Trilby - Darksprite Rosa Bud

https://m.facebook.com/pages/category/C ... 916994967/