GSSG Training day, 08.09.2012- Yorkshire

Our Schnauzers love to be active. Have a look which activity will suit your dog. There is everything from Agility, flyball, Rally-O, Cani-X to Schutzhund.
EnzoFerrari

GSSG Training day, 08.09.2012- Yorkshire

Post by EnzoFerrari »

Hi All,

The GSSG (Giant Schnauzer Sports Group) is organising a "northern" Training day on September 8th 2012.
The venue will be in Brighouse, just off junction 25 of the M62.

Our trainer for the day is Corinne Wrend. I have known Corinne from my old training club and always adored the way she trains her dogs and how well they respond. She breeds and trains Malinois and competes with her dogs in the VPG sport.
She started off in Obedience sport with her collies before moving on into working trails and then VPG (Schutzhund Sport). Her training techniques are reward based and she uses food, toys and the "team" approach to train an exercise.

We have no specific topic for the day. We will be mainly looking at the relationship between dog and owner and how to train different exercises or tackle current problems. (heel work, retrieve, present an article, jumping hurdels or general behaviour and and and much more)
There is a little bit of tracking land nearby for those that want to go tracking. Our expert for this is Mari who has been doing very well with Obi :)

As far as I know we have a few puppies and youngsters attending (so far Miniature& Giant) so it will be good for those that have a younger dog. Of course we not leaving the oldies out, mine are both getting on a bit and are there too! Cause you can teach an old dog a new trick too!

We aim this training day at all sizes schnauzer and for all varieties of dog sports/ training. It for all those that would like to share the knowledge and learn something new.

Cost for the day 1st dog £20, 2nd dog £15, 3rd £10 per handler.

If interested send me a pm with your email address and I will email out all the details.
EnzoFerrari

Re: GSSG Training day, 08.09.2012- Yorkshire

Post by EnzoFerrari »

Could we make this a sticky please??
Donald
First Name: Donald
Dog #1: Chester
is a: Black Giant Dog
Born: 01 Mar 2012

Post by Donald »

As long as I have a working car (my brother's on the case). I'll be there. If I don't - I'll probably still be there.

If I don't have a car, I know someone in Edinburgh who will probably be going...
Mari Obi and Fingal
First Name: Mari
Dog #1: Obi
Dog #2: Fingal

Post by Mari Obi and Fingal »

Just to let you all know the day is fully booked.

The trainer is super, I've seen her dogs work and they are amazing. Looking forward to a great day out with great people, great training with many Giants and a few minis as well -weather looks very promising as well!
Mari

"Life is meaningless without a Giant"
http://obinsivut.suntuubi.com/?cat=11