First Agility Class

Our Schnauzers love to be active. Have a look which activity will suit your dog. There is everything from Agility, flyball, Rally-O, Cani-X to Schutzhund.
Dawnspell
First Name: Alison
Dog #1: Barney RIP 8/3/19
is a: White Mini Dog
Born: 06 Feb 2013
Dog #2: Jasper
Born: 25 Apr 2019

First Agility Class

Post by Dawnspell »

We were due to start agility classes 5 weeks ago but with Barney being ill never made it. Today was our first class. There was only Barney and another beginner dog that's been going a couple of weeks so was nice and quiet.
I have to say I'm amazed at Barney he mastered the seesaw at low level even walked over on his own without enticement. He was allowed off lead for some things and behaved :))
By the end of the lesson 45mins, I left him off lead in a Wait and walked to first jump. Gave command Go and he went over 3 jumps perfectly then went through the tunnel to meet me at the other end :-o I was expecting the first lesson to be spent all on lead and him walking around the jumps :)) Didn't think he would walk along a plank of wood never mind do the see saw :))
Not bad to say 4 weeks ago the vet told us he might not make it through the weekend :-bd
Our first family dog
Barney - Pocketpark Biali Eyebright 6/2/13 - 8/3/19 Gone too soon
Motto for owners who groom their own Schnauzers -"Never mind it'll soon grow back"
milosark2
First Name: vicky
Dog #1: Milo
is a: Black Std Dog
Born: 27 Jun 2008
Dog #2: Darcey
is a: Black Std Bitch
Born: 27 Jun 2011
Dog #3: Inka
Born: 07 Jan 2016

Re: First Agility Class

Post by milosark2 »

You must be very proud of your boy, what a wonderful 1st lesson, sounds like a champion in the making (*)
and yes even more wonderful to see I bet after Barney's recent health troubles. Well done Barney and well done you :ymhug:
Maty
First Name: Kate
Dog #1: Isaura Lucidus
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 10 Aug 2011
Dog #2: Darksprite Finn Mac
Born: 17 Mar 2013

Post by Maty »

Moments like this make you realise how far Barney has come in those 4 weeks, big lump in my throat moment so I can't imagine how chuffed you are Alison :D

Well done Barney :-bd
Maty

Rodders the Mini Pup, born 10/08/11, came home on 09/10/11
Creggan the Mini Pup, born 17/03/13, came home on 01/06/13

Proud of my Scottish Heritage
Wookie Woo
First Name: Helen
Dog #1: Wookie
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 01 Sep 2009

Post by Wookie Woo »

Well done Barney what a difference a month makes :ymhug: they do seem to love agility, we do "fun agility" class with Jo & Paul every Saturday - weather permitting, Wookie & I love it & today I brought my mum along to watch as my dad was at work, mum loved watching it & took a few pictures of us, although I think Wookie did much better last week - a bit camera shy today ;)
Helen & Gary - owners of "Wookie" (since 11.6.2011)  born 1.9.2009 (Mini Schnauzer)
Previously owned Lucy our lovely cocker spaniel.
http://www.happydogwalksandpetcare.co.uk/
Nika C
First Name: danika
Born: 0- 1- 0

Post by Nika C »

Wookie Woo wrote:Well done Barney what a difference a month makes :ymhug: they do seem to love agility, we do "fun agility" class with Jo & Paul every Saturday - weather permitting, Wookie & I love it & today I brought my mum along to watch as my dad was at work, mum loved watching it & took a few pictures of us, although I think Wookie did much better last week - a bit camera shy today ;)
We're in the waiting list for the very same class :)
Good to hear Barney is out and about and enjoying himself!
Dawnspell

Post by Dawnspell »

Nika C wrote:
Wookie Woo wrote:Well done Barney what a difference a month makes :ymhug: they do seem to love agility, we do "fun agility" class with Jo & Paul every Saturday - weather permitting, Wookie & I love it & today I brought my mum along to watch as my dad was at work, mum loved watching it & took a few pictures of us, although I think Wookie did much better last week - a bit camera shy today ;)
Does that mean Wookie and Branock will get to go in the same class sometime ? Barney did enjoy it don't know how he will be when there are more dogs and they are jumping and he's not =))
Most of the normal classes are finishing over the summer but agility carries on and training for levels of kennel club citizen awards.
Our first family dog
Motto for owners who groom their own Schnauzers -"Never mind it'll soon grow back"
Wookie Woo
First Name: Helen
Dog #1: Wookie
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 01 Sep 2009

Post by Wookie Woo »

Dawnspell wrote:
Nika C wrote:
Does that mean Wookie and Branock will get to go in the same class sometime ? Barney did enjoy it don't know how he will be when there are more dogs and they are jumping and he's not =))
Most of the normal classes are finishing over the summer but agility carries on and training for levels of kennel club citizen awards.
Nika, I forgot you did training with them aswell, think Jo is hoping to get in touch with people still on the waiting list very soon as they gave us renewal letters on Saturday. I don't expect we'll get to do a class together, two mini's in one group ;)
Me, Paul & her ladyship Wookie on the Dog Walk
Me, Jo & Wookie (I had to hold on to Wookie's harness to stop her racing off the end)
Helen & Gary - owners of "Wookie" (since 11.6.2011)  born 1.9.2009 (Mini Schnauzer)
Previously owned Lucy our lovely cocker spaniel.
http://www.happydogwalksandpetcare.co.uk/
Nika C
First Name: danika
Born: 0- 1- 0

Post by Nika C »

Wookie Woo wrote: Nika, I forgot you did training with them aswell, think Jo is hoping to get in touch with people still on the waiting list very soon as they gave us renewal letters on Saturday. I don't expect we'll get to do a class together, two mini's in one group ;)
I think we've got a while to go yet, we're something like 16th on the small dogs list and Bran isn't one until September.
I think you're right though, 2 in the same group could be asking for trouble ;)
Dawnspell

Post by Dawnspell »

Way to go Wookie :-bd Part of our home work is practing the 2o2o ( no I didn't have a clue what it was either :)) 2 paws on, 2 paws off ) when doing the contact points.
Our first family dog
Bon-bon
First Name: Elaine
Dog #1: Bonnie
Born: 18 Feb 2013

Post by Bon-bon »

Well done Barney (*) Bonnie was supposed to start agility last month but I had to defer on account of her coming into season (had played to spay in Feb but because she wasn't well, vet advised against hence we had to let her have a 2nd season). She's now due to start at the beginning of September and I'm really looking forward to it.