Annual Schnauzer Walk - 21 / 22 May 2016

Our members organise Schnauzer walks and Schnauzer Events all over the country and you will find all the details here. Join in and make some new friends for you and your Schnauzer. Feel free to share your travel tips here too.
patty1
First Name: Mrs
Dog #1: Ruby

Re: Annual Schnauzer Walk - 21 / 22 May 2016

Post by patty1 »

We have booked a pitch for our caravan and looking forward to the walk.
Alan that would be a good place for the Schnauzerfest walk Sutton Park, you would get a lot of interest for that one from the Schnauzer Walks Birmingham, Warwickshire & Surrounding Area FB Group.
Wookie Woo
First Name: Helen
Dog #1: Wookie
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 01 Sep 2009

Post by Wookie Woo »

As I posted earlier (Wednesday 30th December) we've booked a cottage at Milldale (the other end of the walk) and a friend of ours is also coming Julia and her two dogs Hudson mini schnauzer and Indie honary schnauzer dachshund and Julia's family (they've also booked a property for the week (Friday 20th - Friday 27th)
Looking forward to it again, Dovedale is a beautiful place and thank you Dean for getting the ball rolling again X
The map thingy on the iPad always makes me laugh when it says 220 miles from home to Dovedale and only 3 hours 45 mins ;) Yeah right
Helen & Gary - owners of "Wookie" (since 11.6.2011)  born 1.9.2009 (Mini Schnauzer)
Previously owned Lucy our lovely cocker spaniel.
http://www.happydogwalksandpetcare.co.uk/
JT+Phoebe
Puppy
First Name: Jessica
Dog #1: Phoebe
Born: 28 Feb 2015

Post by JT+Phoebe »

:) Accommodation provisions in place for Phoebe, myself and OH to attend! Not sure how to subscribe to posts so hopefully my comment here will provide me with updates. Have only heard excellent reviews of the ASW at Dovedale and am glad we will get to experience it.
inkaschnauzer
First Name: Elizabeth
Dog #2: Leah
Born: 17 Nov 2010
Dog #3: Lara
Born: 27 Oct 2011

Post by inkaschnauzer »

I am so glad this year walk is going to be in Dovedale, it is a beautiful area and conviniently placed. Thanks for organising the gathering.
liliperski
Puppy
First Name: Janet
Dog #1: Lili
is a: Black Mini Bitch
Born: 04 Aug 2014

Post by liliperski »

Hi - greatly looking forward to our first ASW! We had been considering getting a miniature schnauzer for some months when we found ourselves in Dovedale in May 2014, enjoying a beautiful day's walking prior to picking up daughter from her DofE bronze expedition, and saw miniature schnauzers everywhere we looked. The finger of God, we thought, not knowing about the ASW. Lili arrived in our family at the very end of September 2014 and has been a delight ever since. Thank you!

Will definitely do the Sunday (we are about 45 minutes north of Dovedale) and possibly Saturday too ("salsa" day, so will have to see...!).

Looking forward to meeting lots of lovely schnauzers and their families.
Baxters Human
Puppy
First Name: Toni
Dog #1: Baxter
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 28 May 2013

Post by Baxters Human »

Hi. Sorry if this has already been asked but have the times been confirmed yet for both days? Also does anyone have the postcode for the car park handy? There are a few schnauzers on Twitter interested that don't use Facebook so am spreading the word.
Maty
First Name: Kate
Dog #1: Isaura Lucidus
Born: 10 Aug 2011
Dog #2: Darksprite Finn Mac
Born: 17 Mar 2013

Post by Maty »

Baxters Human wrote:Hi. Sorry if this has already been asked but have the times been confirmed yet for both days? Also does anyone have the postcode for the car park handy? There are a few schnauzers on Twitter interested that don't use Facebook so am spreading the word.
Thanks for spreading the word :)

I use DE6 2AY to get me to the car park.

The main walk sets off at 13:00 on Saturday, 21 May 2016 so meet at 12.30. The usual route is approx 6.5 miles in total and doubles back on itself, taking in some beautiful countryside and following the course of the River Dove. The midpoint of the walk is the little village of Milldale, just over 3 miles from the start point. Here there is an opportunity to catch your breath, have a cup of tea, relax with your fellow walkers before we return to the starting point.

There is a shorter walk on Sunday, 22 May 2016 and it follows the same course as the walk on Saturday. However, we don't go as far, only covering about 1 1/2 miles to the highest point on the walk. After a break and treats for the dogs, some people will turn around and return to the starting point to carry on their journey home after a lovely weekend. Those that still feeling energetic after Saturday can do the full walk to Milldale. Some people cannot make the Saturday walk and there are always volunteers to do the full walk again. The Sunday walk normally meets at 11:30 for a 12:00 start. This will give those travelling further afield time to enjoy the walk and then make their way back home.
Maty

Rodders the Mini Pup, born 10/08/11, came home on 09/10/11
Creggan the Mini Pup, born 17/03/13, came home on 01/06/13

Proud of my Scottish Heritage
Baxters Human
Puppy
First Name: Toni
Dog #1: Baxter
Born: 28 May 2013

Post by Baxters Human »

Maty, that's brilliant. Thanks very much for the info. :-bd
Greengables
First Name: Frances

Post by Greengables »

Where is Dovedale ?
Jen_Larkin
Puppy
First Name: Jen
Dog #1: Oscar
Born: 08 Apr 2014
Dog #2: Hector
is a: B/S Mini Dog
Born: 25 Aug 2015

Post by Jen_Larkin »

Just wanted to point out that during April, May, June and possible July dogs are to be kept on leads in Sutton park as this is nesting season for the birds. Some are protected so unless the walk is moved to another month not sure it'll be possible.
I've got a group set up on FB for schnauzer walks in the Midlands. Search 'schnauzer walks Birmingham, Warwickshire and surrounding areas'. We have a group walk planned for the 29th May at Waseley Countey Park.
Twinnies wrote:Hi Dean, Just had a thought about a possible alternative to Dovedale. A few years ago, when we got the girls, we went on a walk with Schnauzer-pro in Sutton Park, Sutton Coldfield. It is fairly level, so is accessible to us older owners with wheelchairs/scooters etc. There are lakes that the dogs can get into and several entrances so that we could turn up and meet in the middle of the park for a Schnauzer party. It is about 45 miles south of Dovedale but a bit more user friendly in my opinion.
Your thoughts on a postcard please !!! :)

Alan, Jules & the girls
Wookie Woo
First Name: Helen
Dog #1: Wookie
Born: 01 Sep 2009

Post by Wookie Woo »

Not long now :) looking forward to seeing those of you going to Dovedale 21st and 22nd of May, we are driving to the cottage in Milldale on Friday 20th to Friday 27th can't wait.
Helen Gary and of course the gorgeous Wookie xxx
Helen & Gary - owners of "Wookie" (since 11.6.2011)  born 1.9.2009 (Mini Schnauzer)
Previously owned Lucy our lovely cocker spaniel.
http://www.happydogwalksandpetcare.co.uk/
BeeBee
First Name: Janetta

Post by BeeBee »

Wookie Woo wrote:Not long now :) looking forward to seeing those of you going to Dovedale 21st and 22nd of May, we are driving to the cottage in Milldale on Friday 20th to Friday 27th can't wait.
Helen Gary and of course the gorgeous Wookie xxx
Are you staying in Milldale itself? Lucky you if you are, it's always looked so appealing to me, would love to be there. Sorry we won't see you this year, but we're in France now for a while. Enjoy the weekend everyone :)
Jasmine (RIP) Renae b.01.11.10, sister to Susie-Belle (RIP), Twinkle (RIP), Cerise & Albert Claude puppy farm rescues, my muses
Creator of Schnauzerfest a good thing made possible by 1000s of good people & dogs
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Susie-Be ... 0289434936
http://www.janettaharvey.com/
Dylans staff
First Name: Amanda
Dog #1: Dylan
Born: 06 Jul 2013

Post by Dylans staff »

We're coming. We always look forward to seeing and hearing all those schnauzers in the car park and the look on the car park attendants face!
Amanda, Chris, Jess and Dylan.
Maty
First Name: Kate
Dog #1: Isaura Lucidus
Born: 10 Aug 2011
Dog #2: Darksprite Finn Mac
Born: 17 Mar 2013

Post by Maty »

Greengables wrote:Where is Dovedale ?
It's near Ashbourne in the Peak District
Maty

Rodders the Mini Pup, born 10/08/11, came home on 09/10/11
Creggan the Mini Pup, born 17/03/13, came home on 01/06/13

Proud of my Scottish Heritage
squidgy100

Post by squidgy100 »

Lolah and Minny are dressed, ready and very excited about next weekends walks, wearing their Little Lady bandanas

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
All because of Lolah!
http://www.facebook.com/littletugtugs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.facebook.com/littleladydoggycreations" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;