Walking in Herefordshire

Our members organise Schnauzer walks and Schnauzer Events all over the country and you will find all the details here. Join in and make some new friends for you and your Schnauzer. Feel free to share your travel tips here too.
SamIan552
First Name: Ian

Walking in Herefordshire

Post by SamIan552 »

Hi, I just wondered whether anyone would like to meet to walk minis in Herefordshire. It's such a stunning county, it's a shame having to walk it on my own. Both me and my little black boy, Sam, are very easy going and friendly and just looking for company when out exploring.
Many thanks, Ian
Dinkum
Tech Team
First Name: Dean
Dog #1: Rupert RIP
is a: Black Mini Dog
Born: 24 Dec 2010
Dog #2: Watson
is a: Black Mini Dog
Born: 21 Feb 2012

Re: Walking in Herefordshire

Post by Dinkum »

Hi Ian

Welcome to the forum. It would be great idea to get another walk going in another county. I would recommend simply picking a suitable location (parking, cafe, toilets) and advertising the date and time on here. You'll find a calendar in the right hand column for walks and events.

Fellow owners will join in and you will have at least one or two others on the walk. If not, you'd still take Sam for a nice walk. Although, I have never organised or gone to a walk where I was the sole participant. Schnauzers attract schnauzers :ymdevil:
Dean (Dog dad)
Rupert, black mini, 24/12/10 - 01/03/24
Watson, black mini born 21/02/12

I offer my advice freely, but I am not an expert, breeder, groomer or behaviourist. It is simply my experience of raising pups in a way that seems to make sense.
Morgana99
First Name: Alison
Dog #1: Alfie
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 12 Dec 2007
Dog #2: Duke
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 12 Dec 2007

Re: Walking in Herefordshire

Post by Morgana99 »

Hi Ian

If you have any suggestions, please put them forward. I know of at least one other Schnauzer owner in Hereford ( she is on Facebook). We are generally up for walks, but as we have a B&B, summer months can be tricky for us, especially at weekends. However, I'm sure we could sort out something out :)

I'm hoping to repeat a walk I organised 2 years ago for Schnauzerfest this October when I can get my act together - this was in Worcester Woods Country Park to make it accessible to people from around the region. Watch this space!

Alison
Horace, Bearded Collie X, rescued 1984, left us 1993, aged 15 approx
Eric, Bearded Collie, left us 2002, aged 15.5
Elsie (Vowchurch Belinda Black), Beardie, rescued 1988, left us 2000, aged 13.5
Monty, Patterdale Terrier X, rescued 2003, left us 2012, aged 12 approx
Always in our hearts