The Passport Process - Listed Countries (inc most of the EU)

Our members organise Schnauzer walks and Schnauzer Events all over the country and you will find all the details here. Join in and make some new friends for you and your Schnauzer. Feel free to share your travel tips here too.
dannie_kl

Re: The Passport Process

Post by dannie_kl »

elaine maybe you can just clarify for me, returning to the UK is 6 months from the date of the blood test and not the result correct?
Dinkum
Tech Team
First Name: Dean
Dog #1: Rupert RIP
is a: Black Mini Dog
Born: 24 Dec 2010
Dog #2: Watson
is a: Black Mini Dog
Born: 21 Feb 2012

Post by Dinkum »

dannie_kl wrote:returning to the UK is 6 months from the date of the blood test and not the result correct?
Correct. We are about to start the process of getting a passport for Rupert so that he can go to France with us next year. The six months starts from the date of the blood test, not the results. If he fails the test, then he has to be re-jabbed and then tested again and the 6 months starts again.
Dean (Dog dad)
Rupert, black mini, 24/12/10 - 01/03/24
Watson, black mini born 21/02/12

I offer my advice freely, but I am not an expert, breeder, groomer or behaviourist. It is simply my experience of raising pups in a way that seems to make sense.
dannie_kl

Post by dannie_kl »

thanks dinkum, i have had 6 passports done but with 2 vets and the second lot being against the clock so to speak i have confused myself with it all and started to worry myself sick!
murphygrowl

Post by murphygrowl »

The Sand Fly is the one to watch in Spain we have a scalibor collar on him and we treat him with Advantix flea drops, this is the only treatment that halps against the Sand Fly so forget Frontline and the rest of them, Advantix is the best over here.
murphygrowl

Post by murphygrowl »

Also the Sand Fly is most active after dusk. Until sunrise I spray Alfie at night if we are out with Mosi spray on the top of head down hs back and around his belly. Do not be scared, Schnauzers have a thick coat so the Sand Fly might not get through. Short coated dogs are more prone to it. If you do what I have said before you should have no worries.
Last edited by Sianny on 25 Feb 2011, 15:19, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: reversed accidental caps - easier to read
dannie_kl

Post by dannie_kl »

I'm not going to spain, i'm off to france but no doubt your tips will be really useful for anyone travelling to spain.
Snazy
First Name: Jo
Dog #1: Tara
is a: Black Giant Bitch
Born: 09 Sep 1998
Dog #2: Fria
is a: White Mini Bitch
Born: 15 Apr 2012
Dog #3: Vala
Born: 28 Feb 2012
is a: Black Giant Bitch

Post by Snazy »

I think we will need to redo this thread with the new rules coming in for next year.

Anyone know what the rules are for bringing in adult dogs? Is there a set number of years between rabies jab and coming back into the UK?
'Pedigree indicates what the animal should be
Conformation indicates what the animal appears to be
But performance indicates what the animal is'

Anonymous

Beanara Minature & Giant Schnauzers
Caramomo
Site Admin
First Name: Elaine
Dog #1: Cara
is a: Black Mini Bitch
Born: 05 Dec 2006
Dog #2: Momo
Born: 14 Aug 2009
Dog #3: Molly
Born: 01 Aug 2010

Post by Caramomo »

Don't know if it will change but as far as I'm aware once you have the rabies done and you stay in date with your boosters there is no limit. Mine are three yearly boosters and there was no problem for the girls when they came back last time 15 months after their jab date.

If you want to come back from an unlisted country after Jan 1st it works either one of two ways;
1) get a second rabies vaccine done before you leave the EU and you can come back in whenever you like OR
2) get a second rabies vaccine done in the unlisted country and then you can come back in after a three month wait.
Cara and Mo, two black mini's and Molly a black & white Heinz 57 all served by Elaine, the cook, poop picker, and chief toy thrower.
I live by the Mini Schnauzer code; when in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!
Caramomo
Site Admin
First Name: Elaine
Dog #1: Cara
Born: 05 Dec 2006
Dog #2: Momo
Born: 14 Aug 2009
Dog #3: Molly
Born: 01 Aug 2010

Re: The Passport Process - Listed Countries (inc most of the

Post by Caramomo »

I have now updated the first post to reflect the new rules (I thought it would be less confusing that having two posts with different rules).

I will add another post for travelling to Unlisted Countries.
Cara and Mo, two black mini's and Molly a black & white Heinz 57 all served by Elaine, the cook, poop picker, and chief toy thrower.
I live by the Mini Schnauzer code; when in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!