Pancreatitis, IBS, Colitis?

Looking after the health and welfare of your Schnauzer can be a full time job. You will find information on neutering, spaying, vaccinations, vet visits, upset tummies, Schnauzer bumps and much more here. Ask a question and someone will have had a similar experience. We also appreciate updates on how your Schnauzer is recuperating. A separate section is dedicated to our older Schnauzers.
Oscar 12345
First Name: Julie
Dog #1: Oscar RIP Sweety
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 21 Dec 2002
Dog #2: Otto
is a: B/S Mini Dog
Born: 04 Jul 2017

Re: Pancreatitis, IBS, Colitis?

Post by Oscar 12345 »

I can recommend Yumove. My boys back legs started to go very stiff when he was 13. It took about 4/5 weeks for them to take effect but there was a remarkable improvement and it pretty much disappeared. I told the vet about them and she said they have started to recommend them also. She advised they don't work for all dogs but they certainly worked for mine.
Man cannot survive with wine alone...
we also need a schnauzer.
Evie_Parker
Puppy
First Name: Kay

Post by Evie_Parker »

Oscar 12345 wrote:I can recommend Yumove. My boys back legs started to go very stiff when he was 13. It took about 4/5 weeks for them to take effect but there was a remarkable improvement and it pretty much disappeared. I told the vet about them and she said they have started to recommend them also. She advised they don't work for all dogs but they certainly worked for mine.

Great, thank you, definitely worth a try. I'm glad they worked for your dog. I've ordered some :)
Evie_Parker
Puppy

Post by Evie_Parker »

I'm glad to report that over two years on Evie is still with me! She had another (worrying) minor wobble a few months after the pancreatitis but since then she has been really stable. She is now 13 1/2, and still amazing, but has slowed down a lot. I have another Schnauzer, Parker, he's 5 and enjoys his walks so on the longer ones she now has a pushchair, so she can walk and ride for a bit when she gets tired. My 7 year old niece absolutely loves this and will offer to push her wherever we go! I must say I never thought I would be pushing a dog around in a pram, but hey-ho, it means she's still gets to come on our adventures, instead of being left at home, so who cares, I don't!

So for those that are interested this is her feeding and supplement routine. She's has regular blood tests and checks for her liver and whilst she still has elevated levels they much, much better and more stable.

Feeding: Lilys Kitchen wet food, plus Wainwrights low fat kibble (this was the best nutritional kibble I could find that was low fat)
Supplements: MaxiSame, Yumove, Yudigest, Lypex, and since she is now showing a few signs of dementia I have recently added in Activait.

Has anyone had any experience using CSJ's TermerTinc? I already use their Billy No Mates for flea control and noticed this relatively new product. I have read a lot about the benefits of Turmeric paste, but due to the fact it is mixed with fat to form the paste, it has not been suitable to give to Evie since she has to be on a low fat diet because of her liver.

I asked the vets, but usual thing, no research to support the use of turmeric.

Would welcome any advice.

Thanks you so much
x
zeta1454
First Name: Leigh
Dog #1: Magic
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 20 Apr 2010
Dog #2: Trilby
Born: 15 Mar 2012
Dog #3: Pip
Born: 21 Feb 2014

Post by zeta1454 »

Hi Kay - great news re Evie and thank you for the update and details of your diet and supplements routine.

I have no experience of using the CSJ TermerTinc with our dogs but I do know that Dorwest Herbs have recently introduced a Turmeric tablet for dogs which does not contain fat. The company are licensed veterinary herbal medicine suppliers and have been in existence for 70 years and are very helpful if you wanted to talk to them about Evie and her needs. They have a Facebook community page as well where people can post questions re supplements for dogs with health issues and seem to be prompt about offering assistance there too.

There is a link here anyway to the product on their website:

https://www.dorwest.com/product/turmeri ... -and-cats/
Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. ~Roger Caras

Magic - Silversocks Sharade at Darksprite
Trilby - Darksprite Rosa Bud

https://m.facebook.com/pages/category/C ... 916994967/
Evie_Parker
Puppy

Post by Evie_Parker »

Thanks you zeta1454 thats very useful, I will look into that.