Is my dog dying? Please

Looking after the health and welfare of your Schnauzer can be a full time job. You will find information on neutering, spaying, vaccinations, vet visits, upset tummies, Schnauzer bumps and much more here. Ask a question and someone will have had a similar experience. We also appreciate updates on how your Schnauzer is recuperating. A separate section is dedicated to our older Schnauzers.
Krystian
First Name: Krystian

Is my dog dying? Please

Post by Krystian »

Hello,
On tuesday my dog suddenly fell -- he was all right in the morning, went on a walk and ate plenty. He suddenly fell and didn't move at all. Me and my parents took him to a vet which ran full blood tests etc., so he excluded toxins and so on. What he said is that its most likely a pancreatis. Thing is that my dog never vomitted nor had any diarrhea -- actually the poo was really good.
He took some antibiotic and some other things -- mild painkiller etc., He felt better the next day and he started running a bit, he was conscious of what is happening to him. He still I believe had STOMACH PAIN - he couldn't find a good place to lie down, he constantly moved around and lied on his stomach and was crying. He slept maybe like 4-5 hours past 3 days despite some drugs to sleep the vet has prescribed. 
On thursday morning he was a bit better too, but worse than on Wednesday in my opinon - more crying, more lying on the stomach, less motivated, but he could walk and ate a bit -- of course after we were treating him for pancreatis we only gave him very small amount of cooked chicken and water. But, once he went to the veterianry again for his antibiotic and some extra injections, and he suddenly FELT VERY BAD. He was barely conscious, he was walking like mad literally, he was like on high. He was also feeling like this after injection on Tuesday (the first day when he fell to the ground). Maybe just weakened, maybe food - as we have given him some food today morning because we went to OTHER VET, which said that it's probably circulatory system, which actually makes sense as he doesn't vomit and his poop is OK. But starting today he really did fart terribly.
At the moment - thursday afternoon Europe time he looks very bad. He doesn't have any strength, but is conscious and knows whats going on - in opposite to yesterday, when he was probably on some high from the injections. But, he is powerless. He is just lying, he is barely even crying now in the afternoon in opposite to morning when he did cry a lot and moved a lot. He looks again like on Tuesday and I'm scared. We have a vist with a VET with 30 years experience in an hour, we will try and take him there despite it's so sad to carry a dog that barely moves.

I will also add that it feels like eating cooked chicken with zero fat he felt worse again. But on Wednesday after eating same chicken he didn't feel as bad. I feel that painkillers the vet gave him did worsen the state of thing. This was a different vet than at the first time. Maybe they misdosed or something or wrong drug. I don't know. I'm going to the experienced vet in one hour, gonna get a list of everything he took and we will try to rediagnose.
I also noticed, today and well before after the Tuesday "attack", that he is limping a bit with front paws, which is typical for heart attacks. I don't know what to do. I noticed that for last month or so he was limping a bit with his back paws - one in particular, and I felt like he is less "athletic" than before, but he ate plenty and he had plenty of energy.  He is a 13 years old dog, schnauzer mini. 
If you have any ideas what could happen, please tell me -- anything would be good, anything that I can propose to a doc so he can consider it and maybe start a treatmeant. I don't know what to do. I'm literally writing this with tears in my eyes and I'm sorry for inconsitent text and any mistakes. I'm not a native English speaker and I think time is of essence here.
If anyone can know anything, please suggest it.
Oscar 12345
First Name: Julie
Dog #1: Oscar RIP Sweety
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 21 Dec 2002
Dog #2: Otto
is a: B/S Mini Dog
Born: 04 Jul 2017

Re: Is my dog dying? Please

Post by Oscar 12345 »

Oh dear Krystian, I am so sorry you and your poor dog is going through this. Hopefully your vet will shed some light on what to do next. Did the blood tests point to pancreatitis ?? Did the vet suggest a MRI scan to see if there was anything untoward? Could it be back pain? I wish I could help... A really good idea to take a list of everything your dog has been give. My thoughts are with you....
Man cannot survive with wine alone...
we also need a schnauzer.
zeta1454
First Name: Leigh
Dog #1: Magic
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 20 Apr 2010
Dog #2: Trilby
Born: 15 Mar 2012
Dog #3: Pip
Born: 21 Feb 2014

Re: Is my dog dying? Please

Post by zeta1454 »

Krystian - I am so sorry to read your sad post. I hope you have found a vet who can help you and your mini with a good diagnosis and the right treatment. The vets should be the best ones to do this as they can examine him and run tests.

Thinking of you and keeping fingers crossed that you have found help for him by now.
Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. ~Roger Caras

Magic - Silversocks Sharade at Darksprite
Trilby - Darksprite Rosa Bud

https://m.facebook.com/pages/category/C ... 916994967/