Deaf or blocked ears

Looking after the health and welfare of your Schnauzer can be a full time job. You will find information on neutering, spaying, vaccinations, vet visits, upset tummies, Schnauzer bumps and much more here. Ask a question and someone will have had a similar experience. We also appreciate updates on how your Schnauzer is recuperating. A separate section is dedicated to our older Schnauzers.
Lilywilson
Puppy
First Name: Melanie

Deaf or blocked ears

Post by Lilywilson »

Hi
I'm not sure if my lily is Deaf or has blocked ears, has anyone had experience of this with their little ones?
zeta1454
First Name: Leigh
Dog #1: Magic
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 20 Apr 2010
Dog #2: Trilby
Born: 15 Mar 2012
Dog #3: Pip
Born: 21 Feb 2014

Re: Deaf or blocked ears

Post by zeta1454 »

Hi Melanie - how old is Lily? Dogs can get some hearing loss as they age but it would be best to have her checked at the vets as they will be able to do a thorough check of her ears and be able to reassure or advise you after seeing her.
Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. ~Roger Caras

Magic - Silversocks Sharade at Darksprite
Trilby - Darksprite Rosa Bud

https://m.facebook.com/pages/category/C ... 916994967/
Oscar 12345
First Name: Julie
Dog #1: Oscar RIP Sweety
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 21 Dec 2002
Dog #2: Otto
is a: B/S Mini Dog
Born: 04 Jul 2017

Re: Deaf or blocked ears

Post by Oscar 12345 »

Hi Melanie, my 1st schnauzer started losing his hearing at about 13 and was quite deaf by 14. A vet told me that when hearing starts to go cataracts start to develop and he was exactly right with Oscar. He could still see but developed "cloudy" eyes around the same time. He stopped barking at 13 also bless him.
Man cannot survive with wine alone...
we also need a schnauzer.