Excessive ear wax

Looking after the health and welfare of your Schnauzer can be a full time job. You will find information on neutering, spaying, vaccinations, vet visits, upset tummies, Schnauzer bumps and much more here. Ask a question and someone will have had a similar experience. We also appreciate updates on how your Schnauzer is recuperating. A separate section is dedicated to our older Schnauzers.
snb1
Puppy
First Name: sally

Excessive ear wax

Post by snb1 »

Hoping for some advice.
Our female schnauzer is just over a year old and is healthy. The problem is that she is producing alot of ear wax. There is no infection but the hair is matting with the wax and i am concerned that we could be heading for problems. I have managed so far to cut out the waxy hair but i am hoping someone can recommend some drops that will help dissolve the wax. I am not a fan of ear plucking...we have had 3 other schnauzers and i have never plucked their ears.
What does everyone think?
Grateful for any advice.
zeta1454
First Name: Leigh
Dog #1: Magic
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 20 Apr 2010
Dog #2: Trilby
Born: 15 Mar 2012
Dog #3: Pip
Born: 21 Feb 2014

Re: Excessive ear wax

Post by zeta1454 »

Sometimes excessive ear wax in dogs can be caused by an allergic reaction to certain foods but, if you think this is unlikely and infections / ear mites etc. have been ruled out, it may be worth a vet visit just to be sure there is nothing wrong health wise. However, you could also try this ear cleaning product which we have found useful with our dogs to keep their ears clear and clean although we haven’t had to deal with excessive wax with ours:

https://www.stinky-stuff.co.uk/products ... WAQAvD_BwE

P.S don’t be put off by the name :))
Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. ~Roger Caras

Magic - Silversocks Sharade at Darksprite
Trilby - Darksprite Rosa Bud

https://m.facebook.com/pages/category/C ... 916994967/