Car Harness

The Standard Schnauzer is a working or utility dog and is the original breed of the three sizes. Standard Schnauzers are generally a robust, squarely built, medium-sized dog with aristocratic bearings.
Forum rules
Please feel free to post here if your topic does not fit into one of the categories under 'Caring for your Schnauzer'. There are sections for breeding, feeding, grooming, showing and many more that may be more appropriate than this generic section
Beany
Puppy
First Name: Trudie

Car Harness

Post by Beany »

Good morning,

We will be picking up our little standard schnauzer puppy next week and although we have a crate for him I would like to get him a car harness to use separately. My dilemma is what size, brand etc?!?

Please could I hear your thoughts and recommendations?

Many thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Suzie67
Puppy
First Name: Tracey

Re: Car Harness

Post by Suzie67 »

Hi. I have always used which ever harness has best fitted Suzie as she has grown for walking and a basic clip in seat belt belt attachment, I've got a small towel and blanket on the seat as she nearly always has a wet face and feet after a walk.

She used to try and climb over to me when she was 8 weeks old but I used to put my hand on her during the short journeys until she stayed put. Did used to bark at people though when she was big enough to see out of the window when we stopped :-j

Loves it in the front with me but is fine in the back seat when we go on holiday and Dad pinches her front seat!

Just start with short trips as soon as your pup is home to get them used to it being a good place to be and I keep a doggy bag in the boot of my car with spare towel, throw, travel water bowl and a bottle of water.

Happy trips :ymhug:
Beany
Puppy
First Name: Trudie

Re: Car Harness

Post by Beany »

Many thanks for your reply.

Good tip about the car doggy bag! Definitely will do this. :)