Do you play fight?

Training, Behaviour and Dog Sport all have their own section, so please post your question where you feel it is most appropriate.
daisys_mummy

Re: Do you play fight?

Post by daisys_mummy »

That would be the OH - big style fan - MAHOOOOOOSIVE fan :)
BBG
First Name: Gerri
Dog #1: Rufus
is a: Black Giant Dog
Dog #2: Eva
is a: Black Giant Bitch
Dog #3: Blaze
is a: Black Mini Dog

Post by BBG »

No Giant owners admitting to play fighting (giggle)

I don't know whether I'd call it fighting but sometimes Rufus and I get into it when he's being a monkey! I bit of rough and tumble settles him down occasionally.

I pretend to creep up on him with my fingers wriggling and he'll play bow, then when I'm close enough he throws himself sideways and rolls onto his back. I then have a rough old tickling session, he has ticklish arm pits! He roo's and nudges and mouths, and wriggles around but doesn't bite. Then we finish with him on his side having long strokes from head to tail.
daisys_mummy

Post by daisys_mummy »

I play fight with Annie :D

She looks confused....
Snazy
First Name: Jo
Dog #1: Tara
Born: 09 Sep 1998
Dog #2: Fria
is a: White Mini Bitch
Born: 15 Apr 2012
Dog #3: Vala
Born: 28 Feb 2012

Post by Snazy »

I used to when Tara was younger and still do with some of the minis, just have to make sure it is a 1.2.1 session otherwise one of the others can get to carried away
'Pedigree indicates what the animal should be
Conformation indicates what the animal appears to be
But performance indicates what the animal is'

Anonymous

Beanara Minature & Giant Schnauzers
Tulip

Post by Tulip »

I've started play fighting with Freds, when he's got the zoomies he runs up and jumps up at me and I scratch his bum and shout 'GOT YOUR BUMMY!' and he goes mad, runs in circles, jjumps back up, barks, the lot.
daisys_mummy

Post by daisys_mummy »

'Pullerhair' is Daisy's version of that :D

What is it with the paws though?!
Sianny
First Name: Sian
Dog #1: Ralphy
is a: B/S Mini Dog
Born: 12 Feb 2009
Dog #2: George
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 25 Mar 2011

Post by Sianny »

Great to hear more about playfighting! At the mo I let George mouth me when he's having tickles and his bite inhibition is good. Shame about the same inhibition for when he's cranky or overexcited :-P

More videos!
Follow Ralphy on Facebook (occasionally featuring George) http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ralphy-th ... 9952249008
hula-hoop
First Name: sara
Dog #1: Stanley
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 04 Jun 2010

Post by hula-hoop »

I either bow down on all fours and hit the floor with my hands, or if stanley is slow to respond I just blow at him. For some reason when you blow air at him he goes mental and we have a real mad play session!
Stanley ratbag - s & p mini born 4/6/10
daisys_mummy

Post by daisys_mummy »

hehe Daisy gets silly with air blowing, she's tiny enough to really throw about, she loves it!

I 'spin' her round, and that gives her the zoomies :D
purplemini

Post by purplemini »

Wahey!
loving the vids!
Arthur is soooo cute and I thought just the same Sianny "is that a Schnauzer thing how they sit down in kinda slow mo and as though they are humouring you"?! Claude does the exact same and usually licks his lips and yawns at the same time just to make me feel really honoured!
Ralphy is hilarious with his running away with his tail and back legs all safely tucked up and out of reach!
Claude loves play fighting and will keep going all night if we let him - tongue hanging out and bum in the air.
To make sure it doesn't get out of control we randomly tell him to sit which he does and he does understand when its over.
Sianny I love the face rubbing! If I lay there like that Claude would get all stressed and paw at my head!
Claude Divine: Changing my life, one day at a time...
(he Tweets, you know: http://twitter.com/ClaudeDivine)