Do you play fight?

Training, Behaviour and Dog Sport all have their own section, so please post your question where you feel it is most appropriate.
henrys mum
First Name: Cathy
Dog #1: Cassis
is a: Black Giant Bitch
Dog #2: Odin
is a: Black Giant Dog

Re: Do you play fight?

Post by henrys mum »

We've only play fought with Henry since he was about 3yrs old as he accepted the boundaries then. Any earlier would have been a disaster! He play bows my O.H. and when he gets the right response ie a bow, he launches at him!! Pretends to bite his arm etc although we have to make sure that Cassis is out of the room otherwise she launches at Henry to tell him off. It's the only time Henry will bark at my OH as well. (except when he's (OH) playing with a remote controlled car! Cassis barks at the car while Henry barks at my OH)
Me (Cathy), O.H., Kids (x2) Cassis and Odin (mad giants in disguise as fur babies)
R.I.P. Henry xx
hula-hoop
First Name: sara
Dog #1: Stanley
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 04 Jun 2010

Post by hula-hoop »

I tried play fighting with Stanley tonight - he looked at me a bit gone out! He did cross the boundary a bit, but then I stopped, because I want him to learn how far he can go. He seemed a bit puzzled by the whole thing to be honest - I suppose its because Ive never really 'rough and tumbled' with him before, as he has been excitable enough as a puppy as he is. He loves to be chased around though, and when the weather was better I often chased him up and down the garden, 'pretending' to almost catch him...
Stanley ratbag - s & p mini born 4/6/10
Sianny
First Name: Sian
Dog #1: Ralphy
is a: B/S Mini Dog
Born: 12 Feb 2009
Dog #2: George
Born: 25 Mar 2011

Post by Sianny »

Lol bless him too!
Follow Ralphy on Facebook (occasionally featuring George) http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ralphy-th ... 9952249008
Caramomo
Site Admin
First Name: Elaine
Dog #1: Cara
is a: Black Mini Bitch
Born: 05 Dec 2006
Dog #2: Momo
is a: Black Mini Bitch
Born: 14 Aug 2009
Dog #3: Molly
Born: 01 Aug 2010

Post by Caramomo »

Nicky, with Lola and the lack of ragga try this as it worked with Cara who couldn't figure out how to play tug but now loves the game;
when she has a toy in her mouth take the side of it and give it a gentle tug and shake as if trying to kill it but imitate the growls Lola uses when she plays. I found with Cara this seemed to show her that I was playing and as she got more confident I could pull harder. She now pulls and plays tug like a demented maniac and the noise she makes is unreal, she really throws herself completely into the game; twisting, shaking, pulling and growling like a thing possessed.
Cara and Mo, two black mini's and Molly a black & white Heinz 57 all served by Elaine, the cook, poop picker, and chief toy thrower.
I live by the Mini Schnauzer code; when in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!
dannie_kl

Post by dannie_kl »

I tell Mine "put 'em up" or I say " i'm gonna punch you on da nose!" in a silly voice and they love it! i teach them to play fight from wee bubbas
black beard
First Name: Donna
Dog #1: Heidi
is a: Black Std Bitch
Born: 16 Mar 2010
Dog #2: Dita
is a: Black Std Bitch
Born: 28 Jun 2011
Dog #3: Ruddi
Born: 21 Apr 2013
is a: Black Std Dog

Post by black beard »

Heidi loves to play tug and has become so strong lately she managed to pull me and the sofa I was sitting on at the time along the carpet! I am no lightweight and thought my arm was coming out of my socket...lol The best rough and tumble game is when I pretend to be Chinese and say "Haaww Heidi your schnauzer skills are fast, but do you know karate?" She knows this is an invitation for a fight and barks, playbows and kangeroos around and usually tries to pull my socks off my feet, when it all gets a bit much I tell her to get a toy and she calms down (most of the time) :D
Heidi: Black Standard born 16/3/10
Dita: Black Standard born 28/6/11
Ruddi: Black Standard born 21/4/13
Sianny

Post by Sianny »

Fantastic! Heidi is so adorable I remember that video of her getting various toys for you so I know she'd love that!

And Dannie I'd pay good money to see that, and also that thing where you kiss their noses - sweet!
Follow Ralphy on Facebook (occasionally featuring George) http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ralphy-th ... 9952249008
Tulip

Post by Tulip »

^^^^ I've witnessed Dannie's playing and it is hilarious, ESPECIALLY with Sapphire who roo's at her cheekily and bounces about!
henrys mum
First Name: Cathy
Dog #1: Cassis
is a: Black Giant Bitch
Dog #2: Odin
is a: Black Giant Dog

Post by henrys mum »

Cassis loves to play tug with Henry. Last summer they were in the garden playing when Henry got tired so he lay down and Cassis pulled him across the grass with the tug toy! (they're both 33kgs)
Me (Cathy), O.H., Kids (x2) Cassis and Odin (mad giants in disguise as fur babies)
R.I.P. Henry xx
Sianny

Post by Sianny »

Bless them! Ralphy and Jess love to tug too.
Tulip

Post by Tulip »

Ahahaha, I would like to see that, what a strong girl!

Sian, wait till you have two of your own, you'll be amazed at how much better than telly a puppy playing with a big brudda is!
Sianny

Post by Sianny »

can't wait babe I literally think about it every day :)
Tulip

Post by Tulip »

:D So you should, you must be WEEING yourself with excitment! As soon as he's old enough I'm setting up a walk mid-way from Wales to Norfolk!
Sianny

Post by Sianny »

:D
Guinevere
First Name: Sharon
Dog #1: Arthur
is a: Black Mini Dog
Born: 28 Dec 2009

Post by Guinevere »

Done this little video of Arthur play fighting with OH