Bad Behaviour - can you help?

Training, Behaviour and Dog Sport all have their own section, so please post your question where you feel it is most appropriate.
angieh
First Name: Angie
Dog #1: Monty
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 28 Feb 2011

Re: Bad Behaviour - can you help?

Post by angieh »

Thanks - that's reassuring! I think you're right, we are expecting too much of him too soon. He has grown so much that it's difficult to remember he's still only a pup.
daisys_mummy

Post by daisys_mummy »

Just think of him as a child!

They're not always 100% well behaved, but with a firm but fair guiding hand they'll grow up into well rounded individuals!

So long as they know their barriers, what they can and can't do, then they'll be fine.
Just remember, - a dog can't speak your language, so learn a bit of theirs!
hula-hoop
First Name: sara
Dog #1: Stanley
Born: 04 Jun 2010

Post by hula-hoop »

Angieh, I do sympathise - Stanley was a nightmare for the biting behaviour - we were scratched black and blue all over and both of us took to wearing shoes and socks at all times in the house for protection (giggle) On a particularly bad day you think it will never end - but trust me when I say it will! As the others have said, consistentency is key. When I look back 9 months I cant believe how far Stanley has come, he was a nightmare! Your Monty will be the same, in a few months you will look back and realise how much he has changed (bigthumbs)
Stanley ratbag - s & p mini born 4/6/10
Merlins Mommy
First Name: Barb
Dog #1: Merlin
Born: 25 Jun 2010

Post by Merlins Mommy »

Totally agree with Hula Hoop, pups do go through some really trying stages, but it does get better quite quickly
Merlin was the same and he is now12 months and the improvement in his behaviour from even a couple of months ago is really excellent, so hang in there it will get easier.....
Merlin (p & s born 25.6.10)