Bed for puppy

Everything you need to know about bringing a puppy into your life starts here. How to find that Schnauzer puppy, what to look for in a breeder, early care, training and feeding are all covered. We even cover Schnauzer crocodile teeth.
Forum rules
Please do not discuss breeders or raise issues concerning breeders on the forum. This has created problems in the past and many breeders are not members and unable to defend any claim you may make.
disneysigntalker
First Name: Julia
Dog #1: Inca
is a: Black Mini Bitch
Born: 28 Feb 2011
Dog #2: NED
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 24 Jan 2013

Bed for puppy

Post by disneysigntalker »

OKay so in full on planning mode for furkid 2!!, i know i have a few months yet but like to be organised :D

Inca is currently caged at night. Once new puppy comes along untill they are 100% used to each other i will cage them seperatly.
Just wondering what would be the best kind of bed for the new puppy, baring in mind it will be later in the year(colder weather).

I have bought a large snuggle bag for them both for when they start sleeping together, with fleece lining etc, and a lovely cushion and blankets as well.

wondering whether to go for a rigid bed and pad it all out, or a soft bed with blankets?., baring in mind once the two of them are happy i wont be using the bed again(well very often anyway).

JULES
Tulip

Re: Bed for puppy

Post by Tulip »

I would have a nice soft bed, in a crate it can make it much cosier and 'den like'. I have vet bed in Nog's crate just in case she did soil as a young pup, luckily she didn't though. With the litter when they're older we had a big hard bed with a cushion inside and vet bed on top. Often padded out with a cuddly toy or two!
disneysigntalker
First Name: Julia
Dog #1: Inca
is a: Black Mini Bitch
Born: 28 Feb 2011
Dog #2: NED
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 24 Jan 2013

Post by disneysigntalker »

Thanks Beth, soft bed it is then. Oh the choices now!!!!!!!!!

Jules
Tulip

Post by Tulip »

Haha, best bit in my opinion, love shopping for puppies! Spent a good £30 in Poundland last year for our litter just buying tons of cuddlies, baby toys, tennis balls, etc.!