Strange behaviour

Everything you need to know about bringing a puppy into your life starts here. How to find that Schnauzer puppy, what to look for in a breeder, early care, training and feeding are all covered. We even cover Schnauzer crocodile teeth.
Forum rules
Please do not discuss breeders or raise issues concerning breeders on the forum. This has created problems in the past and many breeders are not members and unable to defend any claim you may make.
Cosmo
Puppy
First Name: David

Strange behaviour

Post by Cosmo »

Our mini schnauzer puppy has a strange behaviour. Most of the time, he's a little cute angel. However when he does - and how can I put this delicately - a "numero duo" he turns into a raging beast! It's quite funny to watch. Usually, it's the bottom of my trousers that get "scragged" as to puppy training pads, his toys, my partner's feet, teatowels.... the list is endless. He calms down after a few minutes.

Can anyone shed any light on this?
Robin black mini
First Name: Jo
Dog #1: Robin
is a: Black Mini Bitch
Born: 13 Dec 2014
Dog #2: Stanley st poodle
Born: 24 Nov 2012

Re: Strange behaviour

Post by Robin black mini »

Never heard of this behavior...lol...maybe get his anal glands checked,he may be in discomfort. it is certainly not usual behavior.
rich 40
First Name: Richard

Post by rich 40 »

Hello our girl was like this when she was a puppy especially my feet pulling off sock s a little not so innocent nip of a big toe,now she will rob the washer if given chance pinch tea towels and beat up the odd slipper ,our youngest boy just pinches everything and love s a mat to chew up,we just think it's the norm or they have trained us to think so :)
Robin black mini
First Name: Jo
Dog #1: Robin
is a: Black Mini Bitch
Born: 13 Dec 2014
Dog #2: Stanley st poodle
Born: 24 Nov 2012

Post by Robin black mini »

Rich,I agree this is normal puppy playful behavior you are describing,but David's pup is doing this every time he's done a poo...that's not usual IMO ..it's like he's displacing .id want to check everything is ok in his nether regions..is he a bit constipated? Does poo get stuck on his bottom? Are his anal glands full? List is endless...
Cosmo
Puppy
First Name: David

Post by Cosmo »

Thanks guys. I've checked in the "downstairs" department and everything seems to be OK. Glands OK too. Yesterday, we decided to skip a meal for him and he calmed right down. This morning he ate freshly cooked liver with a bit of brocolli, and he's just fine. He's calmed down a lot and acts like a normal puppy. He's still a little bugger but he's acting like a normal pup, and not some kind of crazed beast that he was before. We just couldn't even control him. He's on Beta Puppy food that the breeder used, and we think this might have something to do with it.