Finding a miniature Schnauzer puppy for a particular time

Everything you need to know about bringing a puppy into your life starts here. How to find that Schnauzer puppy, what to look for in a breeder, early care, training and feeding are all covered. We even cover Schnauzer crocodile teeth.
Forum rules
Please do not discuss breeders or raise issues concerning breeders on the forum. This has created problems in the past and many breeders are not members and unable to defend any claim you may make.
Guidofcb
First Name: Guy

Finding a miniature Schnauzer puppy for a particular time

Post by Guidofcb »

Hi, would be grateful for any help or advice - we’re hoping to find a miniature Schnauzer puppy of the right age to join the family in mid July, to allow us a good period of time over summer holidays to train the puppy and get him / her comfortable at home; we’re not quite sure of the best approach to do this though? It seems like the puppies would be being born around now to be the right age by July - is there anywhere we can list our details to say we’re looking for a puppy, or do we just need to look out for litters being advertised?
Thanks for your help,
Guy
Oscar 12345
First Name: Julie
Dog #1: Oscar RIP Sweety
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 21 Dec 2002
Dog #2: Otto
is a: B/S Mini Dog
Born: 04 Jul 2017

Re: Finding a miniature Schnauzer puppy for a particular time

Post by Oscar 12345 »

One way is to register on the Champdogs website and put your details in looking for a puppy. Also you can get alerted when pups are born and also take a look at the pups that have recently been born by searching for the breed.
Man cannot survive with wine alone...
we also need a schnauzer.
zeta1454
First Name: Leigh
Dog #1: Magic
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 20 Apr 2010
Dog #2: Trilby
Born: 15 Mar 2012
Dog #3: Pip
Born: 21 Feb 2014

Post by zeta1454 »

Do read through the topics on the Forum re getting a puppy as there is plenty of good advice there.
Personally I would not recommend "advertising " your interest in getting a puppy on any general internet site. By all means, contact the breed clubs and speak to the Secretary to enquire re any breeders you could speak to with regard to getting on a waiting list but you really do need to be checking out breeders before you commit to getting a puppy from them. By listing your details online you are laying yourself open to contacts from disreputable breeders and dealers in puppy farmed dogs.
Contact the breed clubs, find the details of Assured Breeders on the Kennel Club website and make sure you know all the right questions to ask the breeder when you do make contact. Getting a puppy is a huge commitment and responsibility and you want to make sure that you are sourcing your new canine family member from the best possible place.
Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. ~Roger Caras

Magic - Silversocks Sharade at Darksprite
Trilby - Darksprite Rosa Bud

https://m.facebook.com/pages/category/C ... 916994967/
mikegoodson1
First Name: Mike
Dog #1: Oscar
is a: Black Mini Dog
Born: 17 Oct 2015
Dog #2: Sasha
is a: B/S Mini Bitch
Born: 23 Sep 2017

Post by mikegoodson1 »

When we were looking for Oscar then Sasha, we went to the Kennel Club website and their 'find a puppy section', here is the link to the Miniature Schnauzer page:

https://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/servic ... +Schnauzer

Here you will find breeders broken down by area and by clicking on an area, you will see breeders and dates of birth of litters - then it's a case of contacting them and going from there. With the breeder we worked with, they asked us a load of questions, we asked them questions, then we visited them and the puppies and went from there. You will get a feel by talking to the breeder but by also going to see the puppies in their home environment, whether they are someone you want to deal with etc.

I know there have been comments in recent years here on the forum around not just choosing breeders via the Kennel Club as there are plenty of good/caring/reputable breeders out there that don't sign-up to the Kennel Club breeder program, I'm sure that is 100% true. However for a newbie like me (when we got Oscar), I found the Kennel Club to be a good/safe starting point and the route I followed.

Good luck in your search.