Each user has their own personal gallery and you can have albums in your own gallery. In my case, I have an album for Rupert and Watson. I also have a mixed bag album. You need to create an album in order to upload photo's to the forum.
Adding photographs to your album
- Navigate to the gallery using the link at the top of the page.
- At the top of the page you will see a row of tabs and a row of links. In the row of links, you will find a link called 'Upload Photo' link. Click on it.
- You will presented with an 'UPLOAD PHOTOS' page. Follow the instructions on the page and upload your photo's. Remember to select which album you want them to go into.
- Once the upload process is complete, the status bar will disappear and you will be taken to the next page where you can add a title, description and optional key words to the photo. Please be patient whilst uploading. It may look like the bar is stuck, but it is just processing.
- Once you have finished adding a title, description and optional keywords, click on the Apply Changes' button and your information will be saved.
- Once completed, you can navigate back to the galleries using the links at the top of the page or one of the tabs.
Above any of the white message boxes on the Forum, you will see a row of buttons. These include URL, Quote, etc. I have added a new one called GALLERY. (Please note that you will only see it if you have uploaded photo's to the Schnauzer Gallery). If you click on the 'GALLERY' button, you will see all your photographs from your personal gallery in a box below your message. It's between the message box and the DRAFT PREVIEW SUBMIT buttons. When you are at the point where you want to insert the photo, simply click on the thumbnail and the correct code will be inserted. The box closed automatically when you click on a picture. If you want it include another picture, simply click on the 'Gallery' button again and repeat the process.
Alternatively, from the gallery itself:
- Find the photo you want to link to or use in your post.
- Click on it and you will be taken to a larger thumbnail with the smaller thumbnails in a film strip to the right.
- Below the photo, you will see a box containing the all the Photo Information.
- The last entry is entitled 'BBCode (fullsize)@. Copy the text from the white box and you can paste it anywhere in your message. There is no need to alter the code or do anything else.
- If you wish to link to the photo, use the 'URL' code, which is just above Favourites.