Share Facebook photo's on the forum

Need help using the forum. Then please ask here. We will be along shortly to give assistance about using the forum or questions about any of the features.
Forum rules
Please do not post questions regarding your dog here. This area allows people to ask questions about using the forum. Any specific issues relating to your dog can be raised in the appropriate section. All the advice will work on a desktop PC running Windows 7 or Windows 8. Unless specified, it has not been tested on tablets or smartphones.
Dinkum
Tech Team
First Name: Dean
Dog #1: Rupert RIP
is a: Black Mini Dog
Born: 24 Dec 2010
Dog #2: Watson
is a: Black Mini Dog
Born: 21 Feb 2012

Sharing Facebook photo's on the forum

Post by Dinkum »

Posting photo's on the forum that you have already uploaded to Facebook is quite easy and I will try and explain how. This guide is intended for PC users and I cannot vouch for Ipads and tablets as I don't have one and cannot test on it.

To post pictures from Facebook, go to Facebook and find the photo you want. Click on it that is the large size, rather than the small thumbnail.

Now we need to copy the photo or image location:

Right click the image and click "Properties" if you are using Internet Explorer. The URL for the image is displayed in the middle of the window, next to "Address" (e.g. https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 7166_n.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;).Copy it.

Right click the image and click "Copy Image Location" if you are using Firefox.

Right click the image and click "Copy Image Address" if you are using Safari.

Right click the image and click "Copy Image URL" if you are using Google Chrome.

Right click the image and click "Image Properties" if you are using Opera. The URL for the image is displayed near the bottom of the window, next to "Address." Copy it.

Then come back to the forum and start a new post using the New Topic or Reply button. When you reach the point where you want to post a picture, click on the IMG button above the white box you are typing in.

You should see the word IMG twice set within [ square brackets ]. Right click and paste the image location that you copied earlier from Facebook between the two sets of square bracketed IMG tags. Then you can either repeat for the next picture / photo or submit to the forum. It should look like the picture below. Your cursor should be in the right place once you have clicked on the IMG button above and you simply have to paste.

The final code should look like this:

Code: Select all

[img]https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/534852_240933209386746_1637166_n.jpg[/img]
Hope this makes it a little easier.
Sylvia
First Name: Sylvia

Re: Sharing Facebook photo's on the forum

Post by Sylvia »

Thanks Dean will give it a go next time I want to post a piccie I've never quite mastered photo bucket!
Sylvia

Murphy (b/s mini) 10/10/2011
Sparky (p/s mini) 28/04/2007-23/11/2011 Run free my special boy
bettyboop2410

Re: Share Facebook photo's on the forum

Post by bettyboop2410 »

Hi everyone this is Charlie from Scotland. :-bd