Add photos to the Gallery

Need help using the forum. Then please ask here. We will be along shortly to give assistance about using the forum or questions about any of the features.
Forum rules
Please do not post questions regarding your dog here. This area allows people to ask questions about using the forum. Any specific issues relating to your dog can be raised in the appropriate section. All the advice will work on a desktop PC running Windows 7 or Windows 8. Unless specified, it has not been tested on tablets or smartphones.
Dinkum
Tech Team
First Name: Dean
Dog #1: Rupert RIP
is a: Black Mini Dog
Born: 24 Dec 2010
Dog #2: Watson
Born: 21 Feb 2012

Add photos to the Gallery

Post by Dinkum »

THIS METHOD OF UPLOADING PHOTOS IS NO LONGER SUPPORTED!

At the top of the forum, to the right you will see a new button linking to the Gallery. We can add all our favourite photographs directly into the forum now. Over the next few weeks, I will integrating the gallery into the forum more, so that the pictures show up a lot easier in posts and on the site generally.

Each user has their own personal gallery and you can have albums in your own gallery. In my case, I have an album for Rupert and Watson. I also have a mixed bag album. You need to create an album in order to upload photo's to the forum.

Adding photographs to your album
  • Navigate to the gallery using the link at the top of the page.
  • At the top of the page you will see a row of tabs and a row of links. In the row of links, you will find a link called 'Upload Photo' link. Image Click on it.
  • You will presented with an 'UPLOAD PHOTOS' page. Follow the instructions on the page and upload your photo's. Remember to select which album you want them to go into.
  • Once the upload process is complete, the status bar will disappear and you will be taken to the next page where you can add a title, description and optional key words to the photo. Please be patient whilst uploading. It may look like the bar is stuck, but it is just processing.
  • Once you have finished adding a title, description and optional keywords, click on the Apply Changes' button and your information will be saved.
  • Once completed, you can navigate back to the galleries using the links at the top of the page or one of the tabs.
Adding your photograph into your post on the forum
Above any of the white message boxes on the Forum, you will see a row of buttons. These include URL, Quote, etc. I have added a new one called GALLERY. (Please note that you will only see it if you have uploaded photo's to the Schnauzer Gallery). If you click on the 'GALLERY' button, you will see all your photographs from your personal gallery in a box below your message. It's between the message box and the DRAFT PREVIEW SUBMIT buttons. When you are at the point where you want to insert the photo, simply click on the thumbnail and the correct code will be inserted. The box closed automatically when you click on a picture. If you want it include another picture, simply click on the 'Gallery' button again and repeat the process.

Alternatively, from the gallery itself:
  • Find the photo you want to link to or use in your post.
  • Click on it and you will be taken to a larger thumbnail with the smaller thumbnails in a film strip to the right.
  • Below the photo, you will see a box containing the all the Photo Information.
  • The last entry is entitled 'BBCode (fullsize)@. Copy the text from the white box and you can paste it anywhere in your message. There is no need to alter the code or do anything else.
  • If you wish to link to the photo, use the 'URL' code, which is just above Favourites.
And we are done. Hope you have fun using it. We all love photo's and it is going to be nice seeing them all together in the Gallery.

THIS METHOD OF UPLOADING PHOTOS IS NO LONGER SUPPORTED!
Dean (Dog dad)
Rupert, black mini, 24/12/10 - 01/03/24
Watson, black mini born 21/02/12

I offer my advice freely, but I am not an expert, breeder, groomer or behaviourist. It is simply my experience of raising pups in a way that seems to make sense.
betts_girl

Re: Add photos to the Gallery

Post by betts_girl »

Hi there I am new to the forum and not great with navigating these kinds of sites. I can send a reply to posts but can't seem to work out how to send my own post. Please can you point me in the right direction? I'm used to Twitter and Facebook but this one has beaten me! Many thanks [FLUSHED FACE]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Eddie
First Name: Graham

Post by Eddie »

In the "Board Index" click on the section you want to post in. You will see a list of topics that have already been posted. Just to the top left of the list there is a box that says "New Topic". Click on this box and in the "Subject" line enter what your topic is about, then just write and submit your post as normal.
Graham, Judie, Eddie (19-03-07 to 25-07-12), Mouse, Daisy and little Reilly. Image
Robin black mini
First Name: Jo
Dog #1: Robin
is a: Black Mini Bitch
Born: 13 Dec 2014
Dog #2: Stanley st poodle
Born: 24 Nov 2012

Post by Robin black mini »

Hi. With the update I am not seeing the galleries link. Nor how to update new pics to galleries.

Also Am missing the "search bar.."
And also the "active topics.".....................on open display.
Bit of a hassle to press quick links every time to find active topics for each new post...
Schnauzer Sam
First Name: Sam
Dog #1: Rosie
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 06 Jul 2017
Dog #2: Edie
Born: 11 Jun 2018

Post by Schnauzer Sam »

Hi Jo,

On Dean's thread - GDPR he explained that any photo's on the threads would still be in place but we would lose the gallery. The link is below.

http://www.schnauzer-forum.co.uk/viewto ... 67e3db1214
Country Girl at Heart (Molly) 8 April 2003 - 22 December 2018

You're never alone when you own a schnauzer

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Rosie-and-E ... 872588622/
Dinkum
Tech Team
First Name: Dean
Dog #1: Rupert RIP
Born: 24 Dec 2010
Dog #2: Watson
Born: 21 Feb 2012

Post by Dinkum »

Robin black mini wrote: 16 May 2018, 13:28 Hi. With the update I am not seeing the galleries link. Nor how to update new pics to galleries.
I haven't put the link back. You can access the galleries http://www.schnauzer-forum.co.uk/coppermine/. I am not sure if you will be able to upload photos, but you should still be able to link to them. The gallery is no longer supported in this version, and it was something I cobbled together before.
Robin black mini wrote: 16 May 2018, 13:28 Also Am missing the "search bar..
Search bar is in the top right hand corner.
Robin black mini wrote: 16 May 2018, 13:28And also the "active topics.".....................on open display.
Bit of a hassle to press quick links every time to find active topics for each new post...
I agree. I'll try and sort something out.
Dean (Dog dad)
Rupert, black mini, 24/12/10 - 01/03/24
Watson, black mini born 21/02/12

I offer my advice freely, but I am not an expert, breeder, groomer or behaviourist. It is simply my experience of raising pups in a way that seems to make sense.
73chippy943
Puppy
First Name: Syd

Post by 73chippy943 »

Sorry but not a sign of Gallery.
Tried using attachments to add files from my pictures,they show at bottom
but once submitted they are gone.Also had no more room avaliable ,or words
to that effect.Which to me means they should be there.
Any assistance would be a help please.
Schnauzer Sam
First Name: Sam
Dog #1: Rosie
Born: 06 Jul 2017
Dog #2: Edie
Born: 11 Jun 2018

Post by Schnauzer Sam »

Hi Syd,