Upload photo's using Photobucket

Need help using the forum. Then please ask here. We will be along shortly to give assistance about using the forum or questions about any of the features.
Forum rules
Please do not post questions regarding your dog here. This area allows people to ask questions about using the forum. Any specific issues relating to your dog can be raised in the appropriate section. All the advice will work on a desktop PC running Windows 7 or Windows 8. Unless specified, it has not been tested on tablets or smartphones.
Dinkum
Tech Team
First Name: Dean
Dog #1: Rupert RIP
is a: Black Mini Dog
Born: 24 Dec 2010
Dog #2: Watson
Born: 21 Feb 2012

Upload photo's using Photobucket

Post by Dinkum »

PLEASE NOTE: As of July 2017, Photobucket no longer allow 3rd party linking on their free service. If you want to use Photobucket to store your photo's and paste them on the forum, you will need to sign up for their paid service.

Here is an easy guide on how to uplaod photo's from Photobucket to your posts.

This tutorial is written for PC running windows. It has not been tested on Ipads, tablets or smartphones, but there is no reason it should not work on these devices. If you are using these devices, we recommend you download an app called Tapatalk. It's free and available for both Apple and Android operating systems.

There are a number of web services out there that let you store your photos online for sharing. These include Facebook, Flickr, Imageshack and Photobucket. I'll explain how to use Photobucket and Facebook.

I run through some instructions for Photobucket. It's also integrated into the site, so adding a photo is really simple. The address is http://www.photobucket.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. It is the easiest web service to use and you do not need code experience and you don't need to resize your photos before posting to your topic.

The easiest way:

1.) You need to create an account and upload your photographs to Photobucket.
2.) Once you've done that, you can start a new topic or reply to an existing one. You can then easily add photographs to your topic.
3.) Once you've typed your message, simply click on the Photobucket button below all the smilies. You'll see them to the right of your screen. --->
4.) This will pop up a new window which is linked to your Photobucket account. If you haven't logged in, you will be prompted for your Photobucket user name and password. Simply select the album that contains your photos and scroll through your photographs until you see the one you want. When you click on it, it will get a heavy blue border. Click on the 'Paste Media' button at the bottom of the pop-up and the correct code is inserted into your post. It should look something like this:

Code: Select all

[img]http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc413/RupertKW/DSCF3276.jpg[/img]
5.) Preview your post and your photo's should be showing in your post ready to submit. Don't forget to close your pop-up window.

The alternative Photobucket Image method.

1.) Simply upload your photo's to Photobucket as before.
2.) Once you have uploaded your photo's, go to the library containing the photo you want to use in your post.
3.) When you have all the photo's displaying, you should see a number of boxes below each folder.
4.) Click in the 'IMG code' box. Once the text is highlighted, right-click and copy the link.
5.) In your message, paste the link into your forum post. You don't need to do anything else. Not necessary to resize or anything.
6.) Preview your post and your photo's should be showing in your post.

If you cannot see the IMG link box under your photo's, then please review the options under 'Update Link Options' which is to the right of your photo's in Photobucket. Select the IMG code under Links and deselect 'Link back to albums'.

Once again, your code in your post should look like this.

Code: Select all

[img]http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc413/RupertKW/DSCF3276.jpg[/img]
You can also use Photobucket to upload video to the forum if you like. Simply follow the same process as above.

There is a guide from Photobucket here.
Dean (Dog dad)
Rupert, black mini, 24/12/10 - 01/03/24
Watson, black mini born 21/02/12

I offer my advice freely, but I am not an expert, breeder, groomer or behaviourist. It is simply my experience of raising pups in a way that seems to make sense.
Dinkum
Tech Team
First Name: Dean
Dog #1: Rupert RIP
Born: 24 Dec 2010
Dog #2: Watson
Born: 21 Feb 2012

Re: Upload photo's using Photobucket

Post by Dinkum »

I made some changes to the Photobucket button on the right. It now always appears under smilies regardless of where you are. You can post photo's directly from Photobucket into your topics.

I have updated the guide accordingly.
Dean (Dog dad)
Rupert, black mini, 24/12/10 - 01/03/24
Watson, black mini born 21/02/12

I offer my advice freely, but I am not an expert, breeder, groomer or behaviourist. It is simply my experience of raising pups in a way that seems to make sense.