Help with bald spots!

Need help using the forum. Then please ask here. We will be along shortly to give assistance about using the forum or questions about any of the features.
Forum rules
Please do not post questions regarding your dog here. This area allows people to ask questions about using the forum. Any specific issues relating to your dog can be raised in the appropriate section. All the advice will work on a desktop PC running Windows 7 or Windows 8. Unless specified, it has not been tested on tablets or smartphones.
AdrianU
First Name: Adrian

Help with bald spots!

Post by AdrianU »

Hi everyone, I wonder if anyone can help. We have a two year old bitch who was sprayed after her first season. She is in good health but about a month ago she seemed to go quiet and experience stomach problems. Around this time she lost three patches of fur, two symmetrically on her flanks in the insertion between her back and thighs and one on her side. Hair fell out and she is left with perfectly bald patches with no scaling or signs of anything like mange. She had antibiotics for the stomach probs which cleared up and full blood profiles tocheck nothing was wrong. The bloods came back perfectly clear but the patches remain. The vet doesn’t have a decent suggestion. I wondered if anyone has seen this and knows a solution. Thanks - Adrian
Robin black mini
First Name: Jo
Dog #1: Robin
is a: Black Mini Bitch
Born: 13 Dec 2014
Dog #2: Stanley st poodle
Born: 24 Nov 2012

Re: Help with bald spots!

Post by Robin black mini »

Shave you tested her for low thyroid? The hair loss you describe is classic for hypothyroid.a simple blood test will confirm or rule his out.
Riesen16
First Name: Gillian
Dog #1: Enya von Amber
is a: P/S Giant Bitch
Born: 30 Sep 2015

Re: Help with bald spots!

Post by Riesen16 »

Could it be Flank Alopecia.

Enya contracted this about a year ago. It is not at all serious, just cosmetic. Sometimes it will clear up.

There are certain remedies but will wait to hear from you before I relate them.

Regards Gill