Missing standard schnauzer

If you have lost your Schnauzer or have found one, then please post here. Our members will cross post to Facebook and various other sites to help reunite Schnauzer and owner.
Chezwinn
Puppy
First Name: Sharon
Dog #1: Jax
is a: P/S Std Dog
Born: 04 Nov 2011

Re: Missing standard schnauzer

Post by Chezwinn »

A quick update. There has not been a sighting of Jax since February, so we are hoping he will be found one day with his microchip. I need some help. As you may know we got a rescue male Mini Schnauzer last November, and called him Buddy. We are thinking of getting another one but we are not sure if we should get a male or a female? Buddy needs another dog to keep him company, so your suggestions would be appreciated as to which sex to get boy or girl?
Morgana99
First Name: Alison
Dog #1: Alfie
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 12 Dec 2007
Dog #2: Duke

Post by Morgana99 »

So sorry there is still no news of your precious Jax, I always think of him when I see another report of a lost or found dog. Hopefully one day soon it will be good news for him. Regarding your question, I think it depends on the characters of the two dogs, rather than the gender. From what I've learned and experienced first hand with Duke & Alfie, boys can certainly be best mates with no jealousy. Schnauzers seem to like being part of a group generally. Both mine are neutered, which I'm sure Buddy and any future friend will be as a matter of course if they are rescues. Does Buddy have any issues? Sometimes it can be harder to integrate another boy or girl if he/she and/or Buddy have any insecurities due to their history, but I'm sure you'll get lots of advice on here if you need it :) . Or were you thinking of a puppy?
Good luck with finding a friend for Buddy :-bd
Horace, Bearded Collie X, rescued 1984, left us 1993, aged 15 approx
Eric, Bearded Collie, left us 2002, aged 15.5
Elsie (Vowchurch Belinda Black), Beardie, rescued 1988, left us 2000, aged 13.5
Monty, Patterdale Terrier X, rescued 2003, left us 2012, aged 12 approx
Always in our hearts
Chezwinn
Puppy
First Name: Sharon
Dog #1: Jax
is a: P/S Std Dog
Born: 04 Nov 2011

Post by Chezwinn »

Thanks for your prompt post. Buddy is much better now that he had settled here. We had a mini female over today and he was smitten :) before he went to Many Tears Rescue Centre he lived with his sister, unfortunately they were split up, which is a shame.
Morgana99
First Name: Alison
Dog #1: Alfie
Dog #2: Duke

Post by Morgana99 »

Chezwinn wrote:Thanks for your prompt post. Buddy is much better now that he had settled here. We had a mini female over today and he was smitten :) before he went to Many Tears Rescue Centre he lived with his sister, unfortunately they were split up, which is a shame.
Ah, bless him. I'm so glad we were able to re-home ours together & it's heart breaking to think of a pair being split up. Maybe, based on his history, a new sister could be the perfect partner. Let us know what happens. :ymhug: x
Horace, Bearded Collie X, rescued 1984, left us 1993, aged 15 approx
Eric, Bearded Collie, left us 2002, aged 15.5
Elsie (Vowchurch Belinda Black), Beardie, rescued 1988, left us 2000, aged 13.5
Monty, Patterdale Terrier X, rescued 2003, left us 2012, aged 12 approx
Always in our hearts