Missing standard schnauzer

If you have lost your Schnauzer or have found one, then please post here. Our members will cross post to Facebook and various other sites to help reunite Schnauzer and owner.
Maty
First Name: Kate
Dog #1: Isaura Lucidus
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 10 Aug 2011
Dog #2: Darksprite Finn Mac
Born: 17 Mar 2013

Re: Missing standard schnauzer

Post by Maty »

So sorry he is still missing, so odd that there have been no sightings at all :(

I have seen him being shared around FB a lot which is good but it would be better to see him home.
Maty

Rodders the Mini Pup, born 10/08/11, came home on 09/10/11
Creggan the Mini Pup, born 17/03/13, came home on 01/06/13

Proud of my Scottish Heritage
angieh
First Name: Angie
Dog #1: Monty
Born: 28 Feb 2011

Post by angieh »

So sorry your lovely boy is missing. I have cross posted to the Lurcher SOS forum. Do hope he is found soon.
Caramomo
Site Admin
First Name: Elaine
Dog #1: Cara
is a: Black Mini Bitch
Born: 05 Dec 2006
Dog #2: Momo
Born: 14 Aug 2009
Dog #3: Molly
Born: 01 Aug 2010

Post by Caramomo »

Oh lord, poor boy to have been gone so long, it must be horrible for all of you. I'm afraid I can do no more than send you my thoughts, wishes and hopes that he will be home soon. I'm back in the UK late next week so I'll keep my eyes peeled for him on my travels.
Cara and Mo, two black mini's and Molly a black & white Heinz 57 all served by Elaine, the cook, poop picker, and chief toy thrower.
I live by the Mini Schnauzer code; when in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!
Sid_and_Ringo
First Name: Donna
Dog #1: Sid
Born: 31 Aug 2013
Dog #2: Ringo
Born: 31 Aug 2013

Post by Sid_and_Ringo »

I'm from the West Midlands but I have shared on FB. Broke my heart reading this. I can't imagine how you feel or how you sleep at night or even function day to day.

Have there still been no sightings?

I just hope he's been found & although not home with you, let's hope he's being loved & looked after xxxx

Sid & Ringo
http://www.instagram.com/schnauzers_sid_n_ringo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sid & Ringo 31/08/2013
http://www.instagram.com/schnauzers_sid_n_ringo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Chezwinn
Puppy
First Name: Sharon
Dog #1: Jax
is a: P/S Std Dog
Born: 04 Nov 2011

Post by Chezwinn »

Unfortunately Jax is still missing, it is truely
Heart breaking, yes we just hope someone nice
Is looking after him. Please keep all crossed that
He is returned soon thank you
Chezwinn
Puppy

Post by Chezwinn »

It's now 10 weeks today that Jax went walkabout. If any one in the UK is willing to connect with him on face book and share his info with their friends, it would be greatly appreciated.
You should be able to find him on https://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn#!/jax.winn" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. He is also on http://www.alfieslostdogs.com/bb/index. ... 231.0.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; .
Many thanks for your support
Maty

Post by Maty »

I do keep sharing his details & I have seen him around quite a bit this week on Facebook so the word is getting out there.

What else are you doing to try and find him?
Maty

Hollypops
First Name: Ruth
Dog #1: Holly
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 27 Mar 2013

Post by Hollypops »

Have shared it in north herts, and friends in Essex will see it too. I do hope you get him back :(
Chezwinn
Puppy

Post by Chezwinn »

Hi Maty, We're still putting posters up and trying
To get the word out on Facebook. As we have no idea where he
Is, we're not really sure what else we can do. We are pretty
Sure that Jax has been taken in and therefore until the person/s take
Him to the vet, it's a matter of wait and see. All vets, rescue homes
Dog wardens and kennels in east/West Sussex and Kent (approximately 30 miles radius)
Have been informed. We've spoken to a couple if mediums unfortunately to no avail.
Any further ideas are welcome. Thank you for all your kind assistance and thoughts
Sharon
MieleMoo
First Name: Nik
Dog #1: Miele
is a: Black Std Bitch
Born: 28 Jun 2011

Post by MieleMoo »

I hope he is found safe and sound soon, I have shared on facebook.
Miele: 28/06/2011
My dog's not spoiled ... I'm just well trained
Caramomo
Site Admin
First Name: Elaine
Dog #1: Cara
Born: 05 Dec 2006
Dog #2: Momo
Born: 14 Aug 2009
Dog #3: Molly
Born: 01 Aug 2010

Post by Caramomo »

What about upping the ante on dogs lost. On there it's often the dogs with a large following of involved volunteers that seem to have the higher chance of a happy ending. They have an amazing network of people that can do astonishing things when it comes to finding lost dogs but often the dog needs a bit of a publicity campaign on there to get the ball rolling. It seems such a shame that they haven picked up on Jax, after all standards are so rare that they are very distinctive dogs.
Cara and Mo, two black mini's and Molly a black & white Heinz 57 all served by Elaine, the cook, poop picker, and chief toy thrower.
I live by the Mini Schnauzer code; when in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!
Chezwinn
Puppy

Post by Chezwinn »

Fantastic idea. We will ask all of Jax's face book friends to follow him on dogs lost. Fingers crossed. Many thanks
Maty

Post by Maty »

The other thing with Doglost is they go back to the top of the listings when the original poster re-posts so you need to keep active on there too ;)

I know you postered when he first went missing, are these still up or do you need to re-poster? Maybe with a new photo or mentioning a reward? Can you get the local press interested - radio, newspapers etc?

How about twitter? There is a huge schnauzergang on there.

Are there any traveller sites close by, have these been postered?

I know it sounds as though you are going back over old ground but you need to keep him in peoples eye and make him too hot to handle.
Maty

Chezwinn
Puppy

Post by Chezwinn »

We have recently replaced the old posters with a new 'still Missing' poster which has all his info and reward on it. Due to work commitments this week, we will be postering towns and villages in a wider area this weekend, and replacing some that we couldnt get to before. There are a couple of traveller sites about 15 miles away which we will post nearby. We have advertised in the local papers and will try the radio again. I'm not sure how twitter works, but will give it a try.
Thanks for your support and I'll try the doglost suggestion today.
Cheers
Chezwinn
Puppy

Post by Chezwinn »

After alot of soul searching, we adopted a rescue mini schnauzer at the weekend, from Many Tears Rescue in Wales. They rescue dogs from puppy farm breeders, which seems to be prevalent in the South Wales area. We have called him Buddy and he will be a friend to Jax when he returns. We have not adopted Buddy to take the place of Jax, but to be a welcome addition to our family. Buddy is a 6 year old salt n pepper mini dog, who for all of his life so far, has been used as a stud dog and sired many mini schnauzer pups. He along with 3 bitches had come to the end of their usefulness, and so were to be put down, but many Tears got involved and saved them for rehoming. He has no idea about toilet training, going for walks or socializing with other male dogs, as he has been in a cage all of his life, but surprisingly he has a fantastic personality, which has shone through in the last couple of days as he gets more confident. I am not a politician, just a dog owner, but there must be something that can be done legally to stop the abuse of animals and puppy farming in general. We have helped make the life of 1 dog better that it was, but it is drop in a very large ocean!