First tick

Suffering from a bee sting, runny tummy, cut into the nail quick or had a little mishap around the house, then you can find some friendly advice here on how to deal with life's little accidents and help your dog recover quickly or calm them down, so you can get them to the vet. If in any doubt about an illness or injury, please contact your vet as soon as possible.
Forum rules
All the information provided in the First Aid section is gathered from the collective experience of our members and is provided for information purposes only. The advice contained within this section is not a substitute for professional veterinary advice, care, diagnosis or treatment. Each dog is different and may react differently to the recommended first aid advice. If you suspect your pet has a medical condition, you should consult your vet as soon as possible. You use this First Aid advice entirely at your own risk. If in doubt, speak to your Vet.
wifeofjp
First Name: Louise
Dog #1: Wilf
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 09 Jul 2013
Dog #2: Olive
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 30 Apr 2015

First tick

Post by wifeofjp » 16 May 2014, 21:55

Have just removed Wilf's (and mine) first tick. It was just below his bum hole (sorry!). Yuck, yuck, yuck, I now feel quite queasy. Will be getting a tick tool tomorrow as had to do it by hand (in an antiseptic wipe).

Never knew what a tick looked like before!

Urghhhhhh!
https://www.facebook.com/misterpicklesthedog" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Maty
First Name: Kate
Dog #1: Isaura Lucidus
Born: 10 Aug 2011
Dog #2: Darksprite Finn Mac
Born: 17 Mar 2013

Re: First tick

Post by Maty » 18 May 2014, 19:09

Fingers firmly crossed as I have never had to deal with one & don't want too :(
Maty

Rodders the Mini Pup, born 10/08/11, came home on 09/10/11
Creggan the Mini Pup, born 17/03/13, came home on 01/06/13

Proud of my Scottish Heritage

Gina

Post by Gina » 20 May 2014, 21:50

Nor me - got the tick tool in my bag but dreading having to deal with one - surprising really considering the number of dogs I've had. .. But I've never had a pup before either so there is a first time for everything :( :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk

Champ629
First Name: Karen

Post by Champ629 » 20 May 2014, 22:18

Our dogs used to get the occasional tick when we lived near a town, we moved to a village in the countryside last summer and now we have ticks on the dogs almost daily, yesterday I removed three from Jake :-o
Miniature Schnauzers: Jake, Cody, Jenny, Sophie

RIP Dee Dee 12/02/13 - now running free in the sunshine

Gina

Post by Gina » 23 May 2014, 10:20

Oh yuk :( we are countryish too but no sheep about (surprisingly as we are in Wales!) plenty of rabbits, foxes and badgers so bound to get them at some point - you will know when as you will hear the squeal from there...which is embarrassing as not much usually phases me...apart from fleas and nits that is :( :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk

murphygrowl

Post by murphygrowl » 05 Jul 2014, 10:38

Alfie is our fourth giant and is the only one that has had ticks.he used to wear a scalbor collar and advantix flea and tick drops but he still came in covered in them,if you did not check him all day you would find them eating there way in around the muzzle area.then a friend who runs a kennel told me to try a seresto collar they cost more than a scalbor and last a lot longer.so I bought one not expecting much difference ,how wrong I was within days no sign of ticks etc I have even stopped giving him advantix drops.so I would tell anyone to buy a seresto collar and they would find out themself how good they are.