HELP!! Puppy has diarhea and purple-red ish fluid arround it

Suffering from a bee sting, runny tummy, cut into the nail quick or had a little mishap around the house, then you can find some friendly advice here on how to deal with life's little accidents and help your dog recover quickly or calm them down, so you can get them to the vet. If in any doubt about an illness or injury, please contact your vet as soon as possible.
Forum rules
All the information provided in the First Aid section is gathered from the collective experience of our members and is provided for information purposes only. The advice contained within this section is not a substitute for professional veterinary advice, care, diagnosis or treatment. Each dog is different and may react differently to the recommended first aid advice. If you suspect your pet has a medical condition, you should consult your vet as soon as possible. You use this First Aid advice entirely at your own risk. If in doubt, speak to your Vet.
Nikola0803
Puppy
First Name: Nikola

HELP!! Puppy has diarhea and purple-red ish fluid arround it

Post by Nikola0803 »

IT had several stools today, from three were solid and one was a bit soft, another one runny and this one. I took the picture if its inapropriate remove it but its urgent!

What is this. It's late i dont know if any vet's are working 24h
Schnauzer Sam
First Name: Sam
Dog #1: Rosie
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 06 Jul 2017
Dog #2: Edie
Born: 11 Jun 2018

Re: HELP!! Puppy has diarhea and purple-red ish fluid arround it

Post by Schnauzer Sam »

It looks to me like there is blood in this and I would be taking the pup to the vet for an urgent appointment for some intervention. I don't think this is something you should be playing a waiting game at home with.
Country Girl at Heart (Molly) 8 April 2003 - 22 December 2018

You're never alone when you own a schnauzer

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Rosie-and-E ... 872588622/
Oscar 12345
First Name: Julie
Dog #1: Oscar RIP Sweety
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 21 Dec 2002
Dog #2: Otto
is a: B/S Mini Dog
Born: 04 Jul 2017

Post by Oscar 12345 »

Hope you have taken your pup to the vet and everything is OK.
Man cannot survive with wine alone...
we also need a schnauzer.
Robin black mini
First Name: Jo
Dog #1: Robin
is a: Black Mini Bitch
Born: 13 Dec 2014
Dog #2: Stanley st poodle
Born: 24 Nov 2012

Post by Robin black mini »

Hi Nikola,..your pup has blood in the stool..this could be caused by worm burden,an infection,( giardia,e coli)etc..
It is something you must see a vet for as he will test the faces( take some of the poo in a clean plastic food bag) and tell you if pup needs a wormer tablet or an antibiotic..if you go today,it will be a simple fast visit..relatively low cost.
If you leave the pup without treatment,he will rapidly become dehydrated and the results / costs will be more serious..
Be sure your pup is drinking plenty of water and definitely get to the vet.if he becomes lethargic you should go to the ER vet..as this can become life threatening if you delay taking pup in.
Will you let us know how you get on?Hope he's ok.
Nikola0803
Puppy

Post by Nikola0803 »

Sorry i'm not a native English speaker, and i was stressed out.

She was taken to the vet imidietly i forgot that there was one ,,vet station`` that works 24 hours a day.

She was checked up and vet told me to come in the morning. he was really playful all the time.

She had a total of 7-8 bloody stools like the one in the pic.

In the morning she was taken to the vet as soon as they had couple of doctors in, and after a checkup and test she was negative on diseases, no worms were showing in the stool but we need to take sample today for microscope check.

Now here is something strange.

Im feeding her royal canin, now without anything in it like yoghurt or other things. I've coocked up some rice and gave her baked chicken meat first and she would chow it down in no time, didnt like the rice tough .

After some time she pooped hard stool and at the end of it there was little runny stool but nothing serious.

Later that evening i gave her rice mixed with just a little bit of Royal Canin for puppies just 10-12 granules and mashed it all up and she ate it. Stool than was good and this morning i added more granules and rice and stool was Ok but has that runny on the end and a bit bloody.

Called vet again and now waiting for another checkup to carry it to the vet's office to see if its parasites ( some microscopic ones)

BUt it did happen out of the blue.

She is really playful, bites anything she can now running arround the house, like nothing is wrong.

But i think that a vet is a bit stunned because she should be playful like this
Nikola0803
Puppy

Post by Nikola0803 »

She was all ok for almost 2 days and this morning, she had overnight 2 regular poop's and two mucus/gooey/gelatinous type of poops with a bit of blood.

Found small worm in the normal-ish poop and i've noticed she was farting a bit, and when i press her tummy i head small noise like she is farting or something is in the stomach.
Nikola0803
Puppy

Post by Nikola0803 »

These were the last one from 30 min's ago. Except the smallest red'est ones. She wont eat now, doesn't have appetite and wants to play still. Gave her another pill ( first one was on 17th, the one before that was almost a month before it ) 2 days ago, and it was ok after it than this happened. From Mini schnauzer's forum from my country, one of the breeders recommended to me that i buy another one, probably a btter one, and give her 3 days straight on empty stomach.
I just want to get her to survive trough it all :(

mikegoodson1
First Name: Mike
Dog #1: Oscar
is a: Black Mini Dog
Born: 17 Oct 2015
Dog #2: Sasha
is a: B/S Mini Bitch
Born: 23 Sep 2017

Post by mikegoodson1 »

What is the name of your puppy?
Oscar 12345
First Name: Julie
Dog #1: Oscar RIP Sweety
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 21 Dec 2002
Dog #2: Otto
is a: B/S Mini Dog
Born: 04 Jul 2017

Post by Oscar 12345 »

Nikola, it is scary but try to keep calm. I am a little confused about the worming pills you have been given so please talk it through with your vet so you know exactly what to do next. I wouldn't give any more worming treatments until you have seen your vet. Your pup clearly has or has had worms and this needs to be addressed first. I would also stick to the bland diet you have been giving, the boiled chicken and rice rather than the Royal Canin puppy until your pups stools start to look something like normal. Then you need to reintroduce the Royal Canin puppy food very slowly mixing it in with the chicken and rice and then slowly reducing the chicken and rice. Hopefully Izi can get through this. The fact she has been playing is very good news in that she feels well in herself. Good luck.
Man cannot survive with wine alone...
we also need a schnauzer.
zeta1454
First Name: Leigh
Dog #1: Magic
Born: 20 Apr 2010
Dog #2: Trilby
Born: 15 Mar 2012
Dog #3: Pip
Born: 21 Feb 2014

Post by zeta1454 »

Nikola - although Forum members can sympathise with your worries, only a vet can diagnose and advise re treatment. You should be showing the photos to your vet rather than posting them on this or other online Forums. Even if there is a vet on the Forum, they cannot diagnose without examining Izi and knowing her history.
I do hope that your vet can help but you really must not be following advice re what pills to give Izi from any member of a Forum in your country or this one.
Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. ~Roger Caras

Magic - Silversocks Sharade at Darksprite
Trilby - Darksprite Rosa Bud

https://m.facebook.com/pages/category/C ... 916994967/
Nikola0803
Puppy

Post by Nikola0803 »

I dont really trust the vet's here. I've been breeding AST's for a long time and have friends that are doing it ,,proffesionally`` and no one came accross something like this in years. Even the vet was a bit stunned.

Test's showed negative for disases.

The stool sample is two days now at the vet's, didnt have time to check it up yet.

From my view and ,,poop inspection`` i found worm inide, i taught that se ate rope or something that dind get digested first time 3 days ago after the pill but now its obvious it's worm infection, and really spread one..

I posted pic's if any one has seen something similar becaue this looks really specific.
Robin black mini

Which country are you in?
If your pup has worms the vet MUST prescribe for you a wormer specific for that parasite..
Over the counter meds won't be efficient..you need a good vet....this pup will become very ill indeed if you leave this days and days.
Nikola0803
Puppy

Post by Nikola0803 »

Serbia... I talked to three of them and my brother with another 2 all gave one or two to choose from nothing specific...
Robin black mini

Nikola,given your country,I wil advise you to go to the farmacia and buy puppy drontal...follow the instructions carefully....
Seriously,if you keep giving medications without knowing the cause,you could injure the puppy...
If you have actually seen a worm,drontal should get the pup worm free...
You will need to give another treatment around six months..
The roundworms come from the mother,whilst the pup is in the womb...but cause a lot of damage to a young pup if they are untreated.
Please will you let us know how you get on...
Nikola0803
Puppy

Post by Nikola0803 »

I did see a worm and i actually already bought drontal. I just found out that the woman who works in that pet shop market is actually a vet that gives advice to new puppy owners.

By her recommendations 3 days on empty stomack 1/4 of drontal, today was day 2 and the last two days you cant imagine what she has been popping out. There were literally dozens of worms small and bigger and white/yellowish dots that i think are probably the egs because she didnt eat anything for a day almost.

Now she's feeling great, and eats better ( coocked chicken and rice)

I wasnt givnig meds on my own, but from what i figure the first meds for de-worming didnt work at all