Considering adopting a rescue schnauzer

If you have recently taken in a rescue Schnauzer or rehomed a Schnauzer and need some advice, then please feel free to ask here. Whether it be about integrating your new dog into your home, health or behavioural issues, someone is sure to be able to help.
BeeBee
First Name: Janetta

Re: Considering adopting a rescue schnauzer

Post by BeeBee »

Dantom22 wrote:I will be picking my first ex breeding dog up in a few weeks , she's also had successful cataract surgery . It was only after reading saving Susie belle that my attention was brought to this horrific trade .
Jo
Good to hear :)
Where is your soon-to-be new friend at the moment? Would love to know more (as Im nosey and a little obsessed...not in a stalkerish way, just normal obsessed! )
Jasmine (RIP) Renae b.01.11.10, sister to Susie-Belle (RIP), Twinkle (RIP), Cerise & Albert Claude puppy farm rescues, my muses
Creator of Schnauzerfest a good thing made possible by 1000s of good people & dogs
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Susie-Be ... 0289434936
http://www.janettaharvey.com/
Dantom22
First Name: Joanne

Post by Dantom22 »

Hi , I'm a little obsessed with them as well , she was at many tears but now in foster near Bath ,
Looking forward to getting her home now , also got a 1 year old schnauzer so looking forward to these two
Meeting up !!!
Baxters Human
Puppy
First Name: Toni
Dog #1: Baxter
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 28 May 2013

Post by Baxters Human »

Wow, lots more lovely stories, Schnauzers are such lovely dogs it's hard to believe that so many get such a bad start in life. Horrible to think that money-making can make people treat any animal so badly. But, it's wonderful to hear so many stories of them finding loving homes where they get a chance to love and trust humans :)

Dantom22 - please keep us updated on your new arrival if you can. Your situation sounds fairly similar to mine so I would be very interested to hear how you and the schnauzers all get on together. And good luck!
Dantom22
First Name: Joanne

Post by Dantom22 »

Baxters Human wrote:Wow, lots more lovely stories, Schnauzers are such lovely dogs it's hard to believe that so many get such a bad start in life. Horrible to think that money-making can make people treat any animal so badly. But, it's wonderful to hear so many stories of them finding loving homes where they get a chance to love and trust humans :)

Dantom22 - please keep us updated on your new arrival if you can. Your situation sounds fairly similar to mine so I would be very interested to hear how you and the schnauzers all get on together. And good luck!

Yes will do picking her up end June x :)
jannie
Puppy
First Name: Jan
Dog #1: Barney
Born: 27 Sep 2007
Dog #2: Bella
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 0- 0-2012

Post by jannie »

Hi .. I am mum to Barney who is 6 and have recently adopted a 2 yr old rescue schnauzer from Many Tears called Bella previously known as Delight. She is the most adorable little girl and though very scared she is doing her very best to please us and hasn't had a single accident in the house. She had to have a hernia repair as well as spaying but has recovered well. We only picked her up from her fosterer on Saturday but she is already a big part of our family.
This is her first day following Barney around
[imgImage][/img]

She is so tiny compared to Barney :x

4 days later and she is already a lot more relaxed and I've even managed to put a soft brush over her.

Thought I would post a couple of picks and keep you updated on her progress.

Special thanks to Beebee, your book helped me to be better prepared for Bella's arrival and has given me a greater understanding of her special needs. :)
Maty
First Name: Kate
Dog #1: Isaura Lucidus
Born: 10 Aug 2011
Dog #2: Darksprite Finn Mac
Born: 17 Mar 2013

Post by Maty »

Hi Jan and welcome :-h

Bella is gorgeous, as is Barney, but I think you need to do a post in the new members section to make sure nobody misses you and your lovely family :D

Bella's coat almost looks like it has been stripped.
Maty

Rodders the Mini Pup, born 10/08/11, came home on 09/10/11
Creggan the Mini Pup, born 17/03/13, came home on 01/06/13

Proud of my Scottish Heritage
BeeBee
First Name: Janetta

Post by BeeBee »

jannie wrote:

Special thanks to Beebee, your book helped me to be better prepared for Bella's arrival and has given me a greater understanding of her special needs. :)
Goodness, thank you that's lovely feedback, it really is and means a lot :)
How long was Bella with the fosterer do you know? She is beautiful and Im looking forward to hearing and seeing a lot more about her, and second what Kate says, start a thread for her so we can all enjoy her fully :)
Jasmine (RIP) Renae b.01.11.10, sister to Susie-Belle (RIP), Twinkle (RIP), Cerise & Albert Claude puppy farm rescues, my muses
Creator of Schnauzerfest a good thing made possible by 1000s of good people & dogs
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Susie-Be ... 0289434936
http://www.janettaharvey.com/
Maty

Post by Maty »

BeeBee wrote:
jannie wrote:

How long was Bella with the fosterer do you know? She is beautiful and Im looking forward to hearing and seeing a lot more about her, and second what Kate says, start a thread for her so we can all enjoy her fully :)
I was suggesting a new thread to make sure you didn't miss her =)) But there are others that would love to meet Bella too who may not look at a re-homing thread ;)
Maty

jannie
Puppy

Post by jannie »

BeeBee wrote:
jannie wrote:

You're welcome BeeBee :-bd
Bella was with the fosterer for just under 2 weeks. She is supposed to be 2 yrs old but I really don't think she is that old. Her coat is very matted as you can probably see but she still has a fluffy undercoat and she is very mischievious, not 5 mins ago she pulled her harness down off the footstool and tried to run off with it. =))
I'll start another thread :)
jaegervalder
First Name: Kathleen
Dog #1: Schnapps
Born: 25 Oct 2006
Dog #2: Darcie
Born: 29 Dec 2006
Dog #3: Juno
Born: 0- 0-2010

Post by jaegervalder »

What fantastic news! It is even more fantastic that the book is spreading the word about the plight of these dogs and their puppies. Well done for taking the plunge, you wont regret it! She looks gorgeous!
Schnapps , the lovely big sister to mental Darcie , the untouchable
and now introducing Juno Lucina Sparkle Marzipan Sunshine.....a big name for a big dog!!
and Kathleen! (Oh and Mel, OH!)
jannie
Puppy

Post by jannie »

Sorry still haven't got round to starting another thread .. will do soon.

BeeBee I hope you see this ...I got your pm but system wouldn't let me reply, I am considering and will let you know. :-??
Maty

Post by Maty »

jannie wrote:Sorry still haven't got round to starting another thread .. will do soon.

BeeBee I hope you see this ...I got your pm but system wouldn't let me reply, I am considering and will let you know. :-??
I think you need just a couple more posts before ;) PM'
Maty

Baxters Human
Puppy
First Name: Toni
Dog #1: Baxter
Born: 28 May 2013

Post by Baxters Human »

How lovely, I remember seeing Delight on the many tears site and thought she looked an absolute sweetie. The new name Bella suits her :) How lovely to see a picture of her already looking so much happier! She is a tiny little one isn't she, very cute. I'm sure she will now come to realise that life can be wonderful, if she hasn't already! Good luck with getting her settled in and thank you for sharing her with us :o3
Jules

Post by Jules »

Well I got to actually meet a rescue I have been keeping an eye on through a forum.I met her at the Rye Walk-she is beautiful and a gentle little soul. She seemed to like being stroked and at one point had her head resting on one of my hands whilst I stroked her. My dog Breagh seemed to like her,no signs of immediate dominence or jealous.

So yes- decision is made, the next dog we get will be a rescue schnauzer. I dearly hope she is still available as I cant adopt for another 7 weeks due to work commitments. When I saw Tammy at the Rye Schnauzer walk I tried to not make to much of a fuss as if she is adopted in the meantime, I want to be really happy for her as she will have found her forever home. The other little 7 faces on that particular rescue site look gorgeous, so what will be will be.

So nearer the time I m going to be asking practical questions to help the transition easier for the schnauzer I hopefully will get to rescue.
I get nervous about house- vetters LOL- that is there is a hole in the fence they will find it!! Its late , english football has zzzzz me to sleep.

Thanks
Julia+Breagh :o3