Fostering Lilly, Many Tears Miniature Schnauzer

If you have recently taken in a rescue Schnauzer or rehomed a Schnauzer and need some advice, then please feel free to ask here. Whether it be about integrating your new dog into your home, health or behavioural issues, someone is sure to be able to help.
horacehoracecat
First Name: Catherine

Fostering Lilly, Many Tears Miniature Schnauzer

Post by horacehoracecat »

This beautiful girl is a Many Tears ex-breeding bitch. We are fostering Lilly for Many Tears and she needs her forever home. She has been with us for nearly two weeks and been a pleasure to foster. She gets on well with our other dogs, likes to be stroked and cuddled, has learnt to walk on her lead and enjoys her walks. She is a lovely dog who needs another small dog for company and a loving, patient family for her own. Adoption procedures and more information is on the Many Tears web site.
Polly, the deaf, flokarty rug dog, Whisp, Many Tears ex-breeding Schnauzer,Penny, another Many Tears rescue, a Yorkie baby and Abbey, Many Tears ex-breeding Schnauzer.
Jules

Re: Fostering Lilly, Many Tears Miniature Schnauzer

Post by Jules »

aaah bless her she is beautiful. Hopefully she will be adopted soon. I saw a picture of her on many tears site before she had her haircut, she really reminds me of Breagh (our mini p/s)
GaryThomlinson
First Name: Gary
Dog #1: Penny
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 20 Mar 2013
Dog #2: Daisy (Rescue)
Born: 28 Aug 2006

Post by GaryThomlinson »

Gorgeous. If only we didn't work we'd take her in a heartbeat...
Gary
Maty
First Name: Kate
Dog #1: Isaura Lucidus
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 10 Aug 2011
Dog #2: Darksprite Finn Mac
Born: 17 Mar 2013

Post by Maty »

She is very pretty :-*

Hope she finds her furrever home very soon :D
Maty

Rodders the Mini Pup, born 10/08/11, came home on 09/10/11
Creggan the Mini Pup, born 17/03/13, came home on 01/06/13

Proud of my Scottish Heritage
BeeBee
First Name: Janetta

Post by BeeBee »

GaryThomlinson wrote:Gorgeous. If only we didn't work we'd take her in a heartbeat...
Shouldn't really make a lot of difference Gary, you manage to make life happy for Penny. Rescues do recognise people work, but won't necessarily always agree to dogs being left more than a couple of hours or so, depends too on the individual dog, some would be fine being left for half a day, some would hate it.
Jasmine (RIP) Renae b.01.11.10, sister to Susie-Belle (RIP), Twinkle (RIP), Cerise & Albert Claude puppy farm rescues, my muses
Creator of Schnauzerfest a good thing made possible by 1000s of good people & dogs
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Susie-Be ... 0289434936
http://www.janettaharvey.com/
Eddie
First Name: Graham

Post by Eddie »

What a sweet looking girl. She doesn't have the "worn down" look of a lot of the ex-breeding bitches.
I've got to stop looking at these rescues. With our three currently in residence I think I've got to accept that there is no more room at the inn.
Graham, Judie, Eddie (19-03-07 to 25-07-12), Mouse, Daisy and little Reilly. Image
jaegervalder
First Name: Kathleen
Dog #1: Schnapps
Born: 25 Oct 2006
Dog #2: Darcie
Born: 29 Dec 2006
Dog #3: Juno
Born: 0- 0-2010

Post by jaegervalder »

I have 3 dogs , two if them like Lilly and they are fantastic! I work full time as does my partner. I walk early in the morning and them come home and lunchtime to find them yawning and stretching having slept all morning. Another walk and then back to work and home at 4. It works well. When I first got Darcie MT were reluctant to let me have her because of work, but her fosterer agreed that actually it gave her some alone time, with another dog, to find herself. So with a bit of arm twisting she came to me and I went on to get Juno who is the most hilarious dog you would wish to meet.

I ummed and ahhed about a second dog and now, its all OH can do to stop me geting number four. I would never get any other dog now other than a rescue and all the time these breeding bitches are still being abused, I will be there for them.

Don't think just becuase of their past they will be a problem becuase the positives FAR outweigh the negatives. Go on, you know you want to!!
Schnapps , the lovely big sister to mental Darcie , the untouchable
and now introducing Juno Lucina Sparkle Marzipan Sunshine.....a big name for a big dog!!
and Kathleen! (Oh and Mel, OH!)
Wagsie
First Name: Julie
Dog #1: Mollie Mae
Born: 25 May 2013

Post by Wagsie »

We have been looking at getting another, I wondered if we might go for a puppy again but Lilly is such a pretty little lady and the H/b and I had a chat and we have applied for her, we have a lot of love and patience to give, my kids are grown up, the youngest 16 and they dote on Mollie, Spike was a rescue dog so we know things aren't always easy, don't kno if we'll have a chance because we both work, but as h/b works a rolling shift she wouldn't be left everyday so fingers crossed, maybe once or twice a week for four hours at the most, and if his shifts are on a weekend then none at all. Don't know if anyone else has applied for her, will have to wait and see, fingers crossed :)
GaryThomlinson
First Name: Gary
Dog #1: Penny
Born: 20 Mar 2013
Dog #2: Daisy (Rescue)
Born: 28 Aug 2006

Post by GaryThomlinson »

Good luck, please keep us updated!
Gary
jannie
Puppy
First Name: Jan
Dog #1: Barney
Born: 27 Sep 2007
Dog #2: Bella
Born: 0- 0-2012

Post by jannie »

We adopted Delight, now called Bella, from Many Tears Animal Rescue. She has been with us 7 weeks now and has been an absolute joy. Seeing her taking daily steps to put her past behind her is a truly humbling experience and not a day goes past when I don't count my blessings that she is part of my family. I would say to anyone thinking of adopting this little darling ..do it you won't regret it. This is a link to her profile .... Lilly
Wookie Woo
First Name: Helen
Dog #1: Wookie
Born: 01 Sep 2009

Post by Wookie Woo »

Good luck Wagsie, hope to read good news soon.
Helen & Gary - owners of "Wookie" (since 11.6.2011)  born 1.9.2009 (Mini Schnauzer)
Previously owned Lucy our lovely cocker spaniel.
http://www.happydogwalksandpetcare.co.uk/
Maty
First Name: Kate
Dog #1: Isaura Lucidus
Born: 10 Aug 2011
Dog #2: Darksprite Finn Mac
Born: 17 Mar 2013

Post by Maty »

Wagsie wrote:We have been looking at getting another, I wondered if we might go for a puppy again but Lilly is such a pretty little lady and the H/b and I had a chat and we have applied for her, we have a lot of love and patience to give, my kids are grown up, the youngest 16 and they dote on Mollie, Spike was a rescue dog so we know things aren't always easy, don't kno if we'll have a chance because we both work, but as h/b works a rolling shift she wouldn't be left everyday so fingers crossed, maybe once or twice a week for four hours at the most, and if his shifts are on a weekend then none at all. Don't know if anyone else has applied for her, will have to wait and see, fingers crossed :)
Good for you :-bd Let us know if you are successful :D
Maty

Rodders the Mini Pup, born 10/08/11, came home on 09/10/11
Creggan the Mini Pup, born 17/03/13, came home on 01/06/13

Proud of my Scottish Heritage
jaegervalder
First Name: Kathleen
Dog #1: Schnapps
Born: 25 Oct 2006
Dog #2: Darcie
Born: 29 Dec 2006
Dog #3: Juno
Born: 0- 0-2010

Post by jaegervalder »

Oh how exciting! She looks like a lovely girl. If they turn you down to begin with, dont give up if you think she is right for you.
Schnapps , the lovely big sister to mental Darcie , the untouchable
and now introducing Juno Lucina Sparkle Marzipan Sunshine.....a big name for a big dog!!
and Kathleen! (Oh and Mel, OH!)
Wagsie
First Name: Julie
Dog #1: Mollie Mae
Born: 25 May 2013

Post by Wagsie »

I did receive an email from them a little while ago and they have said that they won't proceed with our application because Mollie at a year old has not been spayed, however after reading through all the items posted on this matter I wanted to wait until she was matured before I did this. I'm most disappointed, and have replied to their email saying my views on spaying Mollie early but I have not yet received a reply back.
BeeBee
First Name: Janetta

Post by BeeBee »

Wagsie wrote:I did receive an email from them a little while ago and they have said that they won't proceed with our application because Mollie at a year old has not been spayed, however after reading through all the items posted on this matter I wanted to wait until she was matured before I did this. I'm most disappointed, and have replied to their email saying my views on spaying Mollie early but I have not yet received a reply back.
This is always a difficult one - I will say that the issues for breeding dogs and living with other dogs in season are not the same as all dogs being rehomed with intact dogs, so maybe trust that this may not be the best for Lilly. Being around dogs in season may well trigger all kinds of potentially upsetting emotions for her, the loss of her babies, the mating she will have been forced to udergo when she herself was ever in season in the puppy farm, and so on, so maybe if you are going to have Molly spayed when she's older, that will be the time for you to take on an ex-breeder. Difficult topic when it comes to adopting and one not always explained or understood.
Jasmine (RIP) Renae b.01.11.10, sister to Susie-Belle (RIP), Twinkle (RIP), Cerise & Albert Claude puppy farm rescues, my muses
Creator of Schnauzerfest a good thing made possible by 1000s of good people & dogs
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Susie-Be ... 0289434936
http://www.janettaharvey.com/