Pip's Diary

If you have recently taken in a rescue Schnauzer or rehomed a Schnauzer and need some advice, then please feel free to ask here. Whether it be about integrating your new dog into your home, health or behavioural issues, someone is sure to be able to help.
Dionaea
Puppy
First Name: Chris
Dog #1: Pip
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 21 Nov 2012

Pip's Diary

Post by Dionaea »

I was three on Saturday. It was quite exciting as my new parents made such a fuss of me. I also had a special treat of a chicken wing which was lovely & crunchy. We also had some nice walks. They keep telling me that I am a 'good boy' & I do get a few treats - not many because they think I am a bit chunky. I have lived in Norfolk for two weeks and am not impressed with the weather. It has rained every day. I got very dirty & have had a couple of baths & have had a trim & lots of knots & burrs removed from my fur. I have quite a few bald patches where clods of fur had to be shaved off!
I had a great time this afternoon. We went to what is called the seaside. I don't think I have been there before. There was a lot of water but it did not taste very nice & then it moved away from me - obviously frightened of me- so I chased after it. Suddenly it came back & chased me but I was too fast so it didn't catch me. This was good fun so we played for a while - I got my feet & legs wet but there was so much to do that I didn't mind. I ran up to the top of what I was told was the beach. I scratched the yellow soil all over the place & ran & ran. It was GREAT. When it was nearly dark we got back into the car & came home. I had my tea & then I was very tired so had a long nap.

Barbarauttley
First Name: Barbara
Dog #1: Billy
Born: 08 Oct 2012

Re: Pip's Diary

Post by Barbarauttley »

You seem to be having a great time Pip! I wish I could go to the beach soon but we live a long way off so I only get to go when we are on holiday. I don't really like the sea or any kind of wet but love running helter skelter along the sands chasing big brother Harry!
I like your photos, you look nearly as scruffy as me at the moment. Oops, sorry,I hope I haven't upset you!
I'm off to bed now, woof! woof!
Love, Billy the mini. X
redalert
First Name: Sue
Dog #1: Fizz
is a: Black Std Bitch
Born: 09 Jan 2010
Dog #2: Bo
is a: Black Std Bitch
Born: 16 Jan 2012

Post by redalert »

Lovely to hear you had a nice time at the "beach" Pip, sounds very interesting, please keep us informed of your trips out, they sound lovely ;)
Dionaea
Puppy

Post by Dionaea »

Hi Billy,
You must be really scruffy if you are worse than me! I notice that you live in South Yorkshire. I am from near York - we could be related! My new mum says we are very much alike. My Kennel name is 'Pipkin Bradders'.

Pip
PS. It has rained for most of the day here - I am just drying off from my last walk. They tried to get a really long lead today but no luck!
Maty
First Name: Kate
Dog #1: Isaura Lucidus
Born: 10 Aug 2011
Dog #2: Darksprite Finn Mac
Born: 17 Mar 2013

Post by Maty »

Have a look on eBay for a longline, or try a tack shop - a lunge line may work!
Maty

Rodders the Mini Pup, born 10/08/11, came home on 09/10/11
Creggan the Mini Pup, born 17/03/13, came home on 01/06/13

Proud of my Scottish Heritage
Barbarauttley

Post by Barbarauttley »

Hi Pip
I really really am scruffy! It's very muddy round here after all the rain and I like to run in the field near by. By the time I have dashed about, pushed through the hole in the hedge and collected loads of leaves on my fur I am in a bit of a state!
My mum has been trying to bath and trim me for the last couple of weeks but something keeps happening. First unexpected guests arrived (they don't even like dogs very much and Harry and I had to stay in the hall and the kitchen most of the day!)
Then last weekend the boiler broke down! No hot water and no heating. Brrr.. It was cold!
My mum says I'm getting my bath and trim this weekend, come what may.
I don't really like baths but I won't mind too much if it means my mum will stop calling me RAG BAG!!!
Hope you are continuing to enjoy your outings, I bet you think you have gone to heaven!
P.S. I don't think we are related as my soppy name is Ingella Babysham.
Dionaea
Puppy

Post by Dionaea »

Had a good morning today. Had a fight with my new dad - my favourite. It was a lovely sunny day so after my early morning walk we went to the seaside again. I ran & ran again but this time I went through muddy water which was great fun. We explored for quite a time & a Snow Bunting landed on the path in front of us. My family are bird watchers & said that I must keep a list of the birds that I see!
When we got back to the car I was pretty dirty so I had to have a bath. They left me in my cage and went into the house for a couple of minutes but I guessed what they were up to. When dad came out I refused to get out of the cage so he picked me up & put me in the bath. Like you Billy, I don't like baths but I suppose that I was a bit muddy. When I was dry I was given a chicken wing as a treat & then I had a nap........

Love,
Pip xxxx
annie27
Puppy
First Name: Annie

Post by annie27 »

why not try a long nylon washing line may work
Dionaea
Puppy

Post by Dionaea »

I've had a great week. We have been on lots of walks despite the rain. My new parents got an extra long red lead from somewhere called ebay. When we go to the beach or into the woods I go on the long lead which means that I can run a long way. On the beach a few days ago I was out as far as I could go when I heard a high pitched whistle. A lady was miles away and a big dog was running towards my mistress. Well, I set off after it & chased it away - no probs.! They said I was very brave . I don't mind other dogs as long as they don't threaten me.
Yesterday was bed changing day- great fun - they said that I didn't need to help but I did anyway.
Today it stopped raining & mum was at the hairdressers so I was taken into the forest. It was great but very wet. I was allowed to go out the full length of the lead & then had to run back to Chris for a treat & praise. He kept stopping to take photos so I would walk back & stand with him. Once I lost him because I was busy. I ran back & found him hiding from me behind a bush! Had me worried - must remember to keep an eye on him.
Well, all for now - I have been very busy- time for a nap....
Love
Pip
Barbarauttley

Post by Barbarauttley »

Hi Pip,
It's Billy! Haven't heard from you for awhile and wondered how you are getting on?
I eventually did get my bath and a bit of a trim but now mum says I look as bad as ever with all the mud I pick up on my walks!
Are you walking off lead yet, because that's the most fun ever!
We have acquired a funny tree in our lounge with lots of shiny balls on it and bright lights. All the humans seem quite excited but I don't see the point. They did talk about putting chocolate treats on it but seemed to think there might be a bit of a problem with me and big brother Harry. Can't think why!
Looking forward to this thing called Christmas as uncle Philip and Aunty Elizebeth coming and that means lots of extra walks, also mum keeps mentioning turkey treats!
Hope you and all my other Schnauzer friends, mums and dads will have a great and happy time! X
Dionaea
Puppy

Post by Dionaea »

Hi Billy & Friends.
It is about time I let you know how I am getting on. I have now been with my new family for 7 months & we get along really well.I have been to the vets for a check up & he was very pleased. He said that I have lost 2 kilos in weight but I could lose a little more! I will be just skin & bone. My Folks say that they can feel my ribs so they ar happy.
We have just returned from our holiday on the Western Isles & the Highlands of Scotland. I had a haircut & bath in preparation.We set off nearly 3 weeks ago & Chris drove us up to Uig on Skye where we caught a ferry to North Uist.Image
That was great fun although I was a little worried at first as the whole thing shook. Helen wrapped me in a blanket & sat me next to her so I was OK. Also lots of people came to see me- that was good. We stayed for a week on Benbecula which was great. We had loads of walks & I was even allowed off my lead on a completely empty beach. I ran & ran but I kept an eye on where they were. I got lots of praise when I kept running back to them. As I was a bit smelly after going into rotting seaweed it meant another bath when we got home! We saw lots of birds which pleased C & H and lots of sheep & chickens which ran away when they saw me. I wanted to chase them but was not allowed to! We had lovely weather all the time we were in Scotland. I loved running in the long grass & heather but now Chris is pulling things off me called ticks!Image
We then went to stay in a caravan near Aviemore - more great walks & up into the mountains & more ticks - theirs were birds & mine were the creepy crawly ones. I had a lovely time & met lots of lovely people- great smells, rabbits & more sheep plus lots of new birds for my folks.
We came home yesterday & I am really pleased to be back in my own home but it looks like I am due for another bath!! Well all for now, I am feeling quite tired.........
Love Pip.
Barbarauttley

Post by Barbarauttley »

Hi Pip,
Good to hear from you again. You sound to be having a great time and after reading about your holiday in the far north of Scotland my mum and dad keep talking about our fortnight there eighteen months ago.
I really loved running on the beaches too but I don't like getting my feet wet!
I liked barking at all the sheep and those funny cows with the big horns but my mum and dad kept telling me off and wouldn't let me off the lead so I could chase them!
Looking forward to our next hol in Sept/Oct. Not sure where we are going yet. Dad and mum are getting on a bit and can't manage to many hills!
Cheers for now,
Love Billy
Dionaea
Puppy

Post by Dionaea »

Hi Billy & all my other friends. It is my fourth birthday today & I thought that I would let you know how I am getting on. I love my home in Norfolk- it is just over a year since I was collected from York by my new owners Chris & Helen. I didn't know if I would like it at first arrived here as I was not given enough food, I was bathed too frequently & I was combed & clipped a lot & they kept taking me out walking- I was exhausted. After a few weeks I started to like it here - we went for walks on beaches & on drives in the car & had a good time. This October we went to St Just in Cornwall. My folks are keen birders so we went on long walks every day down the valleys & around the coast. Some friends came with us so I got cuddled & fussed all the time I was in the car - that was good.I have been to the vet for ny annual check up & he was really pleased - he said that I have lost over 2 Kg which was really good.They said I was a bit of a porker when I first arrived but are very pleased now.
I am very fond of my new parents & I know that they love me I think that I have got them wrapped around my little paw!
Love Pip
PS how are you getting on Billy?

Barbarauttley

Post by Barbarauttley »

Hi Pip
I'm really pleased you are getting on so well. Your mum and dad sound nice and do good thngs with you. I like the photo of you looking in the mirror, we are handsome dogs aren't we!
I had my fourth birthday in October, so feel a bit superior!
Not much to tell from South Yorkshire, didn't like all the rain, my favourite fields to run in were quite muddy and my mum put me in the bath when I got home. Still don't like baths
but the treats she puts on top of the bath are yummy!
Cheerio for now
Love Billy.
zeta1454
First Name: Leigh
Dog #1: Magic
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 20 Apr 2010
Dog #2: Trilby
Born: 15 Mar 2012
Dog #3: Pip
Born: 21 Feb 2014

Post by zeta1454 »

Happy Birthday Pip - sounds like you are having such a fun time with your peeps :YMPARTY: :)
Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. ~Roger Caras

Magic - Silversocks Sharade at Darksprite
Trilby - Darksprite Rosa Bud

https://m.facebook.com/pages/category/C ... 916994967/